@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Interlude: Inside the Chateau

"The Chateau Platin is an icon of Shinou, and well over 3 million visitors from around the world visit each year." Brock read from the guidebook as the group retraced their steps back to the chateau's front gates. "In addition to being a major historic landmark, the house and its gardens have appeared in music videos, movies, and TV series around the world."

"What kinds of TV shows?" Ash was curious.

Brock located the page listing the Chateau's hundreds of media appearances. "It made an appearance on 'As the Poke Ball Turns' as the fictional Charmillion House; bunches of Galarian costume dramas; and many many series on Pokeflix, Shuru, and Orinoco Prime."

"Wait a minute...didn't this place stand in for Parfum Palace in the drama 'The Path of Dreams'?" Dawn asked.

"As a matter of fact, yes!" Ash smiled. "According to the extras on the Season 3 DVD box, they really wanted to film at the real place in Kalos; but the budget didn't allow it. So they filmed it here, and edited it to look like Parfum Palace."

"Cool!" Dawn smiled.

"It's not surprising it has stood in for Parfum Palace when a film crew can't film in Kalos." Brock replied. "The chateau was also built in the same style as the palace, since the original owner traveled through Kalos extensively, and fell in love with the architecture."

He flipped back a page. "In addition to its famous gardens and bakery, it is world famous for its concerts in the huge gazebo, featuring its resident wind band, as well as acts ranging from classical to rock n' roll, and every genre in between."

"I'm sure the band must be amazing to see!" Ash smiled.

"Speaking of which..." Brock smiled, showing Ash a picture of a huge room that evoked a medieval grand hall. "That is where the resident band practices."

"Is the public allowed to watch them practice?" Dawn was excited now.

"Every once in a while, practice sessions are opened to the public, but you're better off hearing them in the gazebo." Brock replied, noting the majestic marble gazebo looming over the hedges off to the left.

He addressed his companions. "So, where should we begin our expedition? Tour the house, the gardens, or the bakery?"

"If you're looking to see the Platina band, they play three times daily in the garden." a tour guide explained. "Once at 9 AM, once at noon, and once at 6 PM."

"Thanks." Dawn smiled before consulting her Poketch's clock. "It's a little after 10:30, so any objections to touring the house first?"

"We could tour the left side of the house, go into the gardens, catch the band's concert, then see the right side of the house and the bakery." Brock suggested. "That way we all get to see everything."

"Works for me!" Ash smiled, oblivious to what looked like a lawnmower peeking through the hedges with a giggle...

---------

"...Mr. Beaumont's son Tristan was an avid music lover, and so the first iteration of the Platina Band was formed for Tristan's sixteenth birthday, as a massive gift from father to son." Brock read from the guidebook as the group strolled through the vast gardens. "According to legend, the band continues to perform today due to a request in Tristan's will that 'a band always be present at the house for my children and the public to enjoy.'."

"That's sweet." Dawn smiled as the group approached the vast courtyard overlooking the gazebo.

"The current iteration of the band stands at 150 strong, all of them masters of their instruments." Brock went on. "The gazebo where they perform overlooks Tristan's bedroom, where he would often watch and listen to them play. A candle is kept burning in the window overlooking the gazebo in Tristan's memory. Band members say that Tristan's spirit watches over them, and spurs them to play their best."

[Aw...] Tintri smiled. [I guess not all ghosts are mean...]

[Yeah--I wouldn't mind seeing Tristan if he haunts this place.] Tails agreed.

"So, what kinds of music do they play?" Dawn asked as people started arriving in the courtyard.

"They play arrangements of classical melodies transcribed for band, songs that the Beaumonts would've heard in concerts, sacred tunes, songs from musicals, movie and TV themes, and most recently, video game themes." Brock explained. "So a little of everything."

A click and a whir got Ash's attention as he settled in a chair overlooking the gazebo. "Thanks..." he replied as he basked in the cool air, unaware that the fan cooling him was actually a Pokemon.

"I could use some cool air myself after all this walking." Dawn agreed. As if in response to her request, the fan flew over to her seat with a giggle...

To Be Continued...