Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    Or we could both be game masters and work out something together 8D

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Nah lol, I've never done anything like run an RP before, you wouldn't want me to be a game master with you lol. But, although I would have to see a bit more before I could say 100%, there's a good chance I'd join what you're planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    Nah lol, I've never done anything like run an RP before, you wouldn't want me to be a game master with you lol. But, although I would have to see a bit more before I could say 100%, there's a good chance I'd join what you're planning.
    Ah dribbles. Lol you don't have to be a pro to handle RPS bro. As long as you know (how to update) as a GM, i think that'd be good enough. Still am working out a few stuff before I bring out the whole thread lol. Any feedbacks from what you see/read so far?

Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    Oh damn, I was going to ask if anyone would be interested in a Fantasy D&D style game, but someone is working on a D&D style game already lol. Well, the game mechanics I have in mind would still be different (Probably simpler), and it would be fantasy, not Pokemon, so if anyone would be interested...
    I'm definitely interested. Gotta love fantasy stuff.

Okay, so Once Upon a Storybook did not get as much interest as I would have liked, and I'm looking to move on. I know at least one person has expressed interest in another idea I've mentioned, but I'm curious--how many people would be interested in a kind of a sci-fi/fantasy Pokemon RP?

It'd be a revamp/revival of an old RP I ran once on PE2K, and the idea is that in Sinnoh, Team Galactic's plan to have Dialga and Palkia team up and make a new world for them didn't go as planned. Enraged, Dialga and Palkia summoned a series of dimensional rifts, one of which blew apart a good chunk of Mt. Coronet. The others appeared throughout Sinnoh, causing destruction an chaos wherever they appeared. Since then, no one has seen Cyrus or the members of the team that went to Mt. Coronet with him, but that is the least of everyone's problems. Reports of...strange things are coming from around the sites where dimensional rifts have appeared--first, that the rifts appear to be expanding and displaying odd "behavior," and second, that those in close range to the rifts when they appeared that have survived are exhibiting superhuman abilities. That being said, the Sinnoh Government has put together a kind of ragtag task force of their own special agents and cooperating affected rift site victims, the rest of Team Galactic is still on the loose, claiming the rifts are doors to their new universe, and some are simply struggling with how to handle the whole situation.

RPers would be part of any of the three groups, or become something in between. Abilities could pretty much be whatever as long as it's not too OP and hasn't been duplicated a dozen times over.

Sound like anything anyone would want to join?

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

Senior Administrator

Okay, so I don't think my latest RP is going to win any awards. XD

Did you guys want a fantasy RP instead? I have a few great ideas that might be fun with that one, but if people aren't crazy about it, I don't want to spend a few hours on it like I did with the last one and not have anyone even reserve. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Okay, so I don't think my latest RP is going to win any awards. XD

Did you guys want a fantasy RP instead? I have a few great ideas that might be fun with that one, but if people aren't crazy about it, I don't want to spend a few hours on it like I did with the last one and not have anyone even reserve. :P
    Neo make a fantasy rp with guilds and monster hunts and stuff. :3 xD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hm… yeah that could be fun as long as it isn't extremely complicated.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    Neo make a fantasy rp with guilds and monster hunts and stuff. :3 xD

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Janobii View Post
    Hm… yeah that could be fun as long as it isn't extremely complicated.
    Okay then!

Upon the world of Ariel, there is a conflict brewing:

Who has the right to use magic?

In ages past, it was used by those willing to put the time into its careful study. Many of the creatures in nature also learned how to use many types of magic out of instinct or passed down through ancestry. As magic circulated, the races and creatures learned and readapted magic for many new purposes.

And then came the reign of King Vrell and his Platinum Crusade.

Throughout the continent of Dyrin, the Platinum Crusade, under the command of King Vrell, had spread and the mad king's mighty armies had conquered much of the resisting rebel and barbarian groups. Ultimately, the lands were united under his flag, and initially, most thought it would finally be an age of prosperity.

Far from it.

King Vrell understood that knowledge is power. Intent on keeping his dominion thriving with no resistance, he decreed that only certain privileged groups and individuals that were fiercely loyal to him should posses the skills and resources to use magic. He sent his forces across the land to rip it out of the hands of everyone, even creatures and clans that had been using magic since ancient times. Many considered the forces of magic to be similar to the air they breathed and the water they drank in that it should be accessible to everyone that wanted to experience it. Magic, in the forms of scrolls, books, artifacts, and the like, had to be hidden, but those caught were quickly executed in humiliating fashions.

The genocide of the elementals, golems, and arcanes, all creatures born entirely out of magic, was the final straw. In the underground networks, the Circle of Guilds was formed, based on the elemental type of magic they used. Wind, Fire, Water, Light, and Shadow made up the network, along with many creatures and races, many of which were greatly threatened if their magic-based livelihood was threatened. While before the individual Guilds had their differences, they knew in order to survive, the Guilds had to unite as one and stop the Platinum Crusade. Gathering the remnants of magic and rekindling the ancient ways passed down through the generations, the Circle stands against the Crusade and the atrocity it has become.

In the meantime, there is an unsettling shadow creeping over the lands. Hills and valleys are becoming mysteriously blighted, crops are withering, the trees and grasslands are now corrupted, and the wild creatures of the world have been driven completely mad and deranged, attacking and killing on sight. There are rumors in the wind, hinting at things like "the Shadow Plague" and "the Lifestealers," but the ancient tomes that once spoke of them were long-seized and destroyed by King Vrell, who denies the existence of these shadow threats.

-------------------------

Basically, this RP would have these:

• Play as any fantasy race or creature. They all exist in this world of Ariel and I'm being extremely liberal with this one. You're even free to make up your own, just as long as it's not godlike. Oh sure, playing as a dragon is fine, but just bear in mind, you're a big target too.
    • Your character belongs to one of the five guilds and that's the kind of magic they use (it's not all just elemental stuff. Wind magic can have some healing stuff to it and Water magic covers illusions and mind-manipulation). Yes, the characters in this are pretty much all mages/wizards in this one, since the force of magic is what they're trying to protect, foster, and circulate again. That doesn't mean you can't do some sword-swinging and such.
    • There are some surprises in store with the Platinum Crusade. It starts off as a noble-looking cause, mostly consists of humans, but expect some changes as the storyline goes on.

And that's pretty much what I have so far. Yep, there will definitely be a map, no worries about that, but the RP only takes place on the continent of Dyrin. I don't really see the need to use a whole world for this one.

So, yes or no on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Okay then!

Upon the world of Ariel, there is a conflict brewing:

Who has the right to use magic?

In ages past, it was used by those willing to put the time into its careful study. Many of the creatures in nature also learned how to use many types of magic out of instinct or passed down through ancestry. As magic circulated, the races and creatures learned and readapted magic for many new purposes.

And then came the reign of King Vrell and his Platinum Crusade.

Throughout the continent of Dyrin, the Platinum Crusade, under the command of King Vrell, had spread and the mad king's mighty armies had conquered much of the resisting rebel and barbarian groups. Ultimately, the lands were united under his flag, and initially, most thought it would finally be an age of prosperity.

Far from it.

King Vrell understood that knowledge is power. Intent on keeping his dominion thriving with no resistance, he decreed that only certain privileged groups and individuals that were fiercely loyal to him should posses the skills and resources to use magic. He sent his forces across the land to rip it out of the hands of everyone, even creatures and clans that had been using magic since ancient times. Many considered the forces of magic to be similar to the air they breathed and the water they drank in that it should be accessible to everyone that wanted to experience it. Magic, in the forms of scrolls, books, artifacts, and the like, had to be hidden, but those caught were quickly executed in humiliating fashions.

The genocide of the elementals, golems, and arcanes, all creatures born entirely out of magic, was the final straw. In the underground networks, the Circle of Guilds was formed, based on the elemental type of magic they used. Wind, Fire, Water, Light, and Shadow made up the network, along with many creatures and races, many of which were greatly threatened if their magic-based livelihood was threatened. While before the individual Guilds had their differences, they knew in order to survive, the Guilds had to unite as one and stop the Platinum Crusade. Gathering the remnants of magic and rekindling the ancient ways passed down through the generations, the Circle stands against the Crusade and the atrocity it has become.

In the meantime, there is an unsettling shadow creeping over the lands. Hills and valleys are becoming mysteriously blighted, crops are withering, the trees and grasslands are now corrupted, and the wild creatures of the world have been driven completely mad and deranged, attacking and killing on sight. There are rumors in the wind, hinting at things like "the Shadow Plague" and "the Lifestealers," but the ancient tomes that once spoke of them were long-seized and destroyed by King Vrell, who denies the existence of these shadow threats.

-------------------------

Basically, this RP would have these:

• Play as any fantasy race or creature. They all exist in this world of Ariel and I'm being extremely liberal with this one. You're even free to make up your own, just as long as it's not godlike. Oh sure, playing as a dragon is fine, but just bear in mind, you're a big target too.
    • Your character belongs to one of the five guilds and that's the kind of magic they use (it's not all just elemental stuff. Wind magic can have some healing stuff to it and Water magic covers illusions and mind-manipulation). Yes, the characters in this are pretty much all mages/wizards in this one, since the force of magic is what they're trying to protect, foster, and circulate again. That doesn't mean you can't do some sword-swinging and such.
    • There are some surprises in store with the Platinum Crusade. It starts off as a noble-looking cause, mostly consists of humans, but expect some changes as the storyline goes on.

And that's pretty much what I have so far. Yep, there will definitely be a map, no worries about that, but the RP only takes place on the continent of Dyrin. I don't really see the need to use a whole world for this one.

So, yes or no on this one?
    Love this already :3 but Neo you reckon we use the whole world? Like have the guilds spread out (desert terrain has earth guild) (under the Sea water guild) (up in the skies; floating citadel of some sort has wind guild) somewhere along the lines instead of hiding them underground or smth. I reckon the king vrells tyranny grows in that specific continent itself but he reaches out to other continents to take control. Just a thought xD this rp might take a long time to complete; but hey we could have fast travels too between places :3

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Oh this sounds like so much fun! I would totally be up for it! Count me as a member of the shadow guild!

Though this raises a question, would shadow magic users face accusations of causing the plague or would they just be regarded as two different things?

I can't think of any other questions off the top of my head right now but if I do I'll be sure to pitch them.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire