Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @Blaquaza: I remember that!! That was the first ever RP I joined >u<
    I'd be interested to see what kind of plot twists you had in mind, as I believe it died, or I left, before any real plot twists came into play. Would they be more fantasy-orientated (ie, a monster in the basement) or based off more realistic events (ie, Sports Day)?

@Charmander009: That sounds like a fairly interesting concept. Of course, as someone who doesn't have Skype I wouldn't be able to join, however I can totally see the appeal of using a live-chat system such as Skype for an RP. From what I gathered, I'm guessing it's more action-orientated than, say, dialogue-orientated?

The reason I haven't been as active on this forums as I would've liked is because I've been putting together an RP. I based it loosely off a few old RPs on PS based around the concept of time, but I've tried my hardest not to directly rip them off, if you see what I mean.
    RP Idea/Post: I put the backstory and the explanation of mechanics over on wrttn.me here: http://wrttn.me/172b2c/
    ((I'll make it look fancier when I actually post it, but wrttn.me uses html and I forgot how to do bold and italics and all that jazz))
    Assistance is needed with: The idea still seems a bit thrown together imo. A lot of development on the backstory is needed. I also think I may need more rules.
    What you're aiming for: I'm aiming for a well-developed plot and a professional-looking RP in general, really.
    Anything else?: nope
    _.-:*
    Glaciers have melted to the sea
    I wish the tide would take me over
    I've been down on my knees
    And you just keep on getting closer
    Aah…
    *:-._
    ((avatar drawn by, and owned by, Bryan Lee O'Malley))

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogee View Post
    As always, these tutorials are pretty awesome.

The only thing I would like to learn more about would be stat systems. I've played in RPs with them; they really add some suspense to how battles will turn out. As someone who has a bad habit of making everything go right for my characters, the stat system really helps provide some bumps in the road, especially in battle.

Now I want to create my own system, specifically for pokemon. I'm having trouble with determining whether an attack will hit or miss. While there is a formula in the game, that only tells you the probability of a hit. I'd like to turn that into an easy system that will determine hits and misses without a sand attack breaking the game. Does anyone out there know where I can get started?
    @Toogee

I've moved your post to the right thread, as that one was supposed to be locked. >.> Discussion is here!

Anyway, stat systems can be fun. I've mostly seen them in DnD style RP. I think the best place you can get started would be maybe using a similar system to DnD with dice rolls, or even making up your own simple formula and building it up from there.

@Song 7

Your RP looks very interesting. If you're going for a professional look, maybe give the groups in question a little title, organize your information just a bit better? I didn't see too many problems. XD

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

@Saraibre Ryu: Thanks! I can certainly give characters names, but I'm not too good at organising information, haha. I'll try my best, however n_n
    _.-:*
    Glaciers have melted to the sea
    I wish the tide would take me over
    I've been down on my knees
    And you just keep on getting closer
    Aah…
    *:-._
    ((avatar drawn by, and owned by, Bryan Lee O'Malley))

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Song 7 View Post
    @Blaquaza: I remember that!! That was the first ever RP I joined >u<
    I'd be interested to see what kind of plot twists you had in mind, as I believe it died, or I left, before any real plot twists came into play. Would they be more fantasy-orientated (ie, a monster in the basement) or based off more realistic events (ie, Sports Day)?
    @Song 7 I'm the one who made your first RP? Now I feel epic.

I was going with more of a fantasy theme, but realistic at the same time. For example, the school itself is going to be pretty creepy and involve some 'magic' being used, but the events will be quite realistic... At first. :3

Your RP sounds pretty intriguing, too. I like how there'd be the 1 Vs. 2 battle, whilst the 0s were looking for clues (hopefully, they weren't split up, though ). I know I'd want a 0 character, and then choosing between 1 or 2 would be solely on my mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Song 7 View Post
    @Charmander009: That sounds like a fairly interesting concept. Of course, as someone who doesn't have Skype I wouldn't be able to join, however I can totally see the appeal of using a live-chat system such as Skype for an RP. From what I gathered, I'm guessing it's more action-orientated than, say, dialogue-orientated?
    @Song 7

I guess there might be alternatives to Skype--like AIM or XATCHAT--but I'm more partial to Skype myself.
    And actually, it could be either or--in fact, I imagine it could lend a lot of potential to dialogue, since replies will come faster. It'll certainly make things less tedious ^^

@Saraibre Ryu

Lol, maybe you didn't catch my last post, or...?

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

I didn't miss it, I just forgot to comment on it. >>

I understand it better now, it sort of reminds me how I was going to work out a TWEWY RP once I had time for it. It makes more sense now.

Also, just a general question to everyone: "Medieval Pokemon RP", anyone mildly interested by those words?

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa

Ah, ok ^^

You asked me before, but I think I'm definitely game :) I have more time now, and like I mentioned before, I miss RPing ^^

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Well, this part of the board is rather dead... Anyone still hanging around?

Yes we are! In fact I'm working on a huge, and I mean huge RP project for PXR. It's a massive Pokemon RP that's in a medieval type setting. I'll probably write a preview thread for it if anyone is interested to know more.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa

10. This post has been liked by:

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    LET ME KNOW MORE, I DEMAND KNOWLEDGE RIGHT NOW!!!

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!