Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by La Inquisidora View Post
    Anyone interested in a time travel RP? Doubt it, but I figured I'd ask. Perhaps attention spans are in the green this time around?
    I've been repeatedly surprised by what people are interested in, though maybe a little more detail on the plot you had in mind might help. It certainly seems as through the RP boards are more active now than they have been in more recent months, but it also would appear that very few peoplae pay attention to this thread in particular, sadly. You might be better off just posting it and seeing what happens.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

Posting after a century..is anyone interested in a D&D style pokemon adventuresque rp? I'll try to keep things simple as I can while making it more engaging and fun

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Senior Moderator

I would love to try it, if you can come up with an interesting story
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I would love to try it, if you can come up with an interesting story
    It's pretty generic for the most parts..I'll post up a short plot story later, but what do you look forward to? Any ideas you think I could implement in this rp?

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    It's pretty generic for the most parts..I'll post up a short plot story later, but what do you look forward to? Any ideas you think I could implement in this rp?

I adore any opportunity to RP as something NOT human (RPing a human is quite "vanilla," if you know what I mean and I welcome every opportunity to step into a totally new experience). I think allowing just about any fantasy race or creature (possibly even made up ones) would be awesome. Coming up with your own powers and abilities would also be awesome, just as long as they're not something extremely excessive.

So something like an RP that has fantasy races but abilities and powers that are comparable to superhero powers that the RPers can create and customize for themselves is something I think would be a winner. But if you need help with coming up with plotlines, trust me, I'm always a walking gold mine of ideas. As long as if you drop a few hints on what kinds of stuff you're looking for, I can bang out a whole menu of tantalizing plot possibilities.

6. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I adore any opportunity to RP as something NOT human (RPing a human is quite "vanilla," if you know what I mean and I welcome every opportunity to step into a totally new experience). I think allowing just about any fantasy race or creature (possibly even made up ones) would be awesome. Coming up with your own powers and abilities would also be awesome, just as long as they're not something extremely excessive.

So something like an RP that has fantasy races but abilities and powers that are comparable to superhero powers that the RPers can create and customize for themselves is something I think would be a winner. But if you need help with coming up with plotlines, trust me, I'm always a walking gold mine of ideas. As long as if you drop a few hints on what kinds of stuff you're looking for, I can bang out a whole menu of tantalizing plot possibilities.
    When I try to put in more fantasy into an RP I tend to convert it into a game by adding in more content.

♤ Side Quests
    ♤ Bounty Hunts
    ♤ Guilds
    ♤ Elemental Powers
    ♤ Guild Missions/Co op

Lol I did it again...but that could be worked out somehow. Provided I don't bring up too many threads for one RP / game. Sigh

Senior Moderator

Elementals are always good, actually--it adds a layer of strategy to it.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Administrator

When I try to put in more fantasy into an RP I tend to convert it into a game by adding in more content.

♤ Side Quests
    ♤ Bounty Hunts
    ♤ Guilds
    ♤ Elemental Powers
    ♤ Guild Missions/Co op

Lol I did it again...but that could be worked out somehow. Provided I don't bring up too many threads for one RP / game. Sigh

Oh snap, I see what you mean. The millisecond you mentioned D&D, my mind instantly flew off into fantasy just based on what D&D is about and I didn't realize you didn't once said fantasy in your initial suggestion. Bear with me, I welcome and adore fantasy and race at every heartbeat to get into it. XD

I would say start small and basic first, and then delve into side stuff if there seems to be an open niche for it as you and all the other RPers that joined move along. I honestly don't think you'll need guild stuff. Not unless you get 10+ RPers joining and there's a strong desire for it. Side quests and bounty hunts, yeah, let those come along it if feels the RP would benefit from it, but otherwise, just start with the basics and let your crew decide where it goes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Elementals are always good, actually--it adds a layer of strategy to it.
    Well it's a Pokemon adventure RP + D&D a little so there's definitely some sort of elements in it
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Oh snap, I see what you mean. The millisecond you mentioned D&D, my mind instantly flew off into fantasy just based on what D&D is about and I didn't realize you didn't once said fantasy in your initial suggestion. Bear with me, I welcome and adore fantasy and race at every heartbeat to get into it. XD

I would say start small and basic first, and then delve into side stuff if there seems to be an open niche for it as you and all the other RPers that joined move along. I honestly don't think you'll need guild stuff. Not unless you get 10+ RPers joining and there's a strong desire for it. Side quests and bounty hunts, yeah, let those come along it if feels the RP would benefit from it, but otherwise, just start with the basics and let your crew decide where it goes from there.
    Yup. I don't want to start it too huge yet. Start off small, make it interactive for the most part. Then D and D mostly comes into play when u explore forests and routes. End of the day you earn items, poke cash, etc.

Senior Administrator

Well it's a Pokemon adventure RP + D&D a little so there's definitely some sort of elements in it

Yup. I don't want to start it too huge yet. Start off small, make it interactive for the most part. Then D and D mostly comes into play when u explore forests and routes. End of the day you earn items, poke cash, etc.

When it comes to traditional Pokémon journey fics and RPs, there's something I try to recommend to people. Try to make it stand out and feel uniquely different from what the anime and games do. Too many times, I've seen rehashes that usually don't make it past the first gym battle.

If this is what you plan on doing, I'd say try experimenting with the world and structure. Try an alternate reality, such as what would the world be like if say Team Rocket (or whatever bad guy team) really did successfully dominate the world. Would trainers have the same freedoms, or would they be constantly under authoritative oppression? How is life and the new Pokémon League different now and could the RPers be the source of positive change for the future? Or maybe scale back the time period. What would Pokémon Leagues and battles be like in an era that was like the 1940s in terms of technology and cultural norms? Or what if this was a Pokémon League taking place in a post-apocalyptic aftermath similar to Fallout and Mad Max? How would things be different?

So yeah, I'd invite you to maybe try experimenting with stuff, taking creative risks, and possibilities like that, but if your heart would rather stick with the traditional, that's always an option.

---

Slightly offhand, last night, I had a dream that someone posted a cool idea for an RP that had a storyline where instead of RPers taking command of Pokémon trainers, the storyline instead focuses on one female trainer's six Pokémon. The female trainer broke one of her legs in a forest and was unable to move, and it was up to her six Pokémon (who the RPers control) to head out and get help for her. After reflecting on that kind of RP (after realizing it WAS just a dream and no one had actually posted that), I think the only drawback it would have is it would need something else going on in terms of other challenges, as that kind of conflict could be solved relatively easily without all THAT much trouble. If the six Pokémon got the attention of just one human with a communicator device and lead them to her, bam, problem solved. But, it did provide an interesting starting point, however.