Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Sweet Mew, are we gonna lose Purity any time we walk into any new location? That's the second time it's happened in a row!

Whoa, that's some big hits right off the bat! I don't know if we're lucky or unlucky to get through those places early like this. Perhaps its good we found them while we were still full on purity. Those two encounters seemed very similar to each other though, Perhaps they were both caused by the same stalker?

That Yungoose at the farm is someone we're going to need to take note of. He doesn't seem to need Medicine like the pidgeotto, but he seems resilient to the shadows? I'm all the more curious as to what we'll find inside the house, though if the shadows are that bad outside we'll have to be careful of what we might find within. Unless maybe the shadows are there to trap those inside the house?

Its good to have the names of the Stalkers already though. Indulge, Repose, payload, abatis, Gravemeld, and Netherfall. And that clairvoyance teacher is really going to come in handy. Some of those gems at the shop look like we're going to need to buy them for something. I've got my eye on the mystic gem, also the blueprints... well we'll see.

Then of course there's that "mesmerizing" medallion Frinottie the Girafarig has. We've got 22P right now, we're gonna need to find 28 more to buy it from her. Good thing we had someone with diplomacy go, or it would have been 200!

Judging by Cliff the furfrou's info, the mercenary guild has the same kind of shadows that we ran into at the manufacturing plot and the farm. Better note that before going and searching it.

VPP

3. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Hey, 'Seinaru' allows us to purify certain Abyssal corruptions, correct? Are the bizarre and concerningly anti-pure potentially lethal areas of darkness such places, or are there more corruptions we should be worrying about?

If this IS a scenario where Seinaru would be useful, perhaps it would be wise for Madder and I to go purify the two areas we know of first and foremost, so when we send in healers they can avoid further damage?

Whatcha think, @Noblejanobii

Upon Neo's mention, I realised I forgot to add both needs for medicine on the injured pokemon to the first post. ^^; That was my bad! I was up very late last night posting all those, so it slipped my mind.

But yes, the yungoose does need <Medicine> the way the pidgeotto does.

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    Hey, 'Seinaru' allows us to purify certain Abyssal corruptions, correct? Are the bizarre and concerningly anti-pure potentially lethal areas of darkness such places, or are there more corruptions we should be worrying about?

If this IS a scenario where Seinaru would be useful, perhaps it would be wise for Madder and I to go purify the two areas we know of first and foremost, so when we send in healers they can avoid further damage?

Whatcha think, @Noblejanobii

Just so you know, if using the perk is available, it'll be mentioned in the post...except in the fruit farm because I forgot and it was almost 2am. XD So yeah, at this stage there's no availability for Seinaru to be used at those places, though that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be. :3

Welcome, @arnisd!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I'll try fixing up that creepy as all heck pot that Madder found, but yeah, tonight, let me rest up a bit first.

I took a heck of a Purity beating this morning. :P

I can tell you right now that at least a BIT of that picross is possible... thanks to Pokemon Picross for teaching what a hint number is.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

So, I think I'm onto something. We might have seven Stalkers on our hands.

So let's take a look at what Orin told us:

"They say there are...six Stalkers," he begins, averting his eyes as he thinks. "First, there's Indulge. It stuffs its victims to the brim with food until they're so full that their sides split. Doesn't sound so threatening, but once the food bursts the stomach and spreads into your other organs, you'll think it is then. Apparently it keeps forcing food down the victim's throat until their body is incapable of containing it any longer, and their flesh starts to split. Or exoskeleton, or whatever.

"Repose, the fluid parasite. Yeah, gross, I know. Sucks the life out of its victims, or more specifically, the moisture. Captures them, probably...ties them down or something, then drains all moisture until they're dry, cracked husks of their former selves. Mummified afterwards just to top it all off. Bodies are just left in random locations.

"There's Payload, the Stalker obsessed with demolitions. Evidence of black powder and bomb shells have been found linked to Payload, whose victims are exploded into bits and pieces, then scooped up and places into little boxes, like sick gifts. They, uh...get delivered to their loved ones. Sick bastard, that one.

"You got Abatis, who seeks out sharp, pointy things and sticks them in its victims. I don't know how they get lured into places where a stabbing with a javelin is possible, but it's happened. First victim was found jammed onto, funny, the Keep's abatis. Goes right the way 'round. Abatis ain't one to show mercy, either--pidove a few days back was littered with needles. Death by a thousand cuts, or, uh, stabby things.

"Gravemeld. Ain't that a creepy name? This one...skins its victims while they still live. Keeps them until they're breathing their last breath, then releases them onto the streets. Can't help but die of pain, shock or infection. Mm, this is why you don't buy real fur.

"Last, Netherfall. I dunno, seems a little try-hard to me. But you won't catch me saying that around a Stalker. This one, well...kind of hard to tell. Victims been turning up with no brains. Surgically removed. I don't know if that's the extent of its efforts, but...seems pretty lackluster if you ask me. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing was testing something on its subjects. Maybe you'll be able to find out more if...more people get murdered. I know that's messed the hell up, but I don't know what else to tell ya.
    Definitely very useful info, no doubt. But something seems to be missing from what Marisha told me earlier:

"Ah...right. Yeah, um..." She pauses and pulls back from you a little, moving a matted wad of wool out of her eyes. You can immediately see that this is not a conversation that she finds comfortable. "Weird and freaky... Well, that seems to be the norm these days." She pauses again, hesitant to continue. In a lowered voice, she asks, "Have you heard about the Stalkers? Well...they've moved into town lately. Since they've been here, folks'a been turnin' up...murdered. There's been some gruesome stuff. Folks turnin' up in boxes as...mush [Payload], folks bein' melted down into goo,[The Unknown!] stabbed to death with anything and everything pointy [Abatis]...hell, there's even been cases o' pokémon bein' stuffed full o' food till they explode![Indulge] Some'a been skinned alive and left to rot[Gravemeld], then there's the other one...mummified or some'm.[Repose] Ya know, it's all just so horrifyin'."
    And then we have this puzzle that Lita found: Linky

In the corner, it says "I know who Epsilon is..."

In physics, Epsilon refers to the strain and physical constraints of a material. For a Stalker, this would connect with the whole being turned into goo kind of thing. Like a twisted experiment to see how much the victim could be constrained into.

Here's another thing.

Indulge
    Repose
    Payload
    Abatis
    Gravemeld
    Netherfall

And let's toss Epsilon in for good measure. We'll pretend this little theory is right.

Playing around with the arrangement of the letters gets you...

Repose
    Epsilon
    Abatis
    Payload
    Indulge
    Netherfall
    Gravemeld

REAPING

Spicy.

9. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

@Suicune's Fire

(Oops, I'll do my best to remember that for next time.)

Anyone wanna take a crack at the puzzle I found?
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

11. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

I knew something was off when I couldn't get a good anagram of those 6 stalker names. Ugh... Now we have one more to deal with. At least we found out sooner rather than later. I'll take a crack at the puzzle, though I'm not positive I know what to do with it yet.

VPP

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    @Suicune's Fire

(Oops, I'll do my best to remember that for next time.)

Anyone wanna take a crack at the puzzle I found?

No worries Emerald. No harm done. :) Just pick two things to do at once. But only on a day cycle. Night cycle is 1 action.

Also, please keep all discussion to this thread, not in the main thread. :)

14. This post has been liked by: