Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Moderator

Act 10: Learning From a Mentor's Show (part 3)

The group watched in awe as a team of five puppeteers made the shining Ponyta puppet "run" across the dark stage. "Epona capered, galloped, flew, and swam in the air higher than the highest forests but lower than the Altarias." the Dewott narrated over the orchestra's mysterious melody. "She crossed mountains, rivers, and precipices; she barely touched the blades of grass in passing over them, and went so lightly along the roads that she did not raise even one grain of dust."

The lights came up on a beautiful forest set, tinged to look like a sunset. "Towards sunset, Prince Leo found himself close to an immense forest, in the middle of which stood Kitsune's cave." the Dewott narrated as the Flareon approached an elaborate cave in the forest set.

After looking around in awe at the set and the flowers surrounding the cave, the Flareon waled up to the cave's entrance. Imultaos, ame no hao bakezo...

Cheers filled the auditorium as the cave on the stage opened, revealing an entire other set of Kitsune's cave. "Oh my!" Even Charlotte was impressed at the jewels embedded in the walls, and the colorful cushions the Delphox playing Kitsune was meditating on.

"Kitsune?" the Flareon began, snapping the Delphox to attention.

The Delphox noticed the Flareon and smiled. "Welcome, Prince Leo! I know why you have come here, where no one ever enters."

"Kitsune, I come before you on a grand quest..." the Flareon explained as the Delphox seemingly conjured prop food, a bed, and prop drinks.

"With that, she prepared food and drink, made him a soft bed where he could sleep comfortably, and Prince Leo told her all his adventures and plans as they had dinner." the Dewott interjected from his nook as the Flareon and the Delphox pantomimed talking over their prop meal.

The lights blinked back to the cave. "Prince Leo, you have undertaken a very difficult task, but your courage will enable you to accomplish it successfully." the Delphox explained. "I will tell you how to kill Darkrai, for without that you can do nothing. In the very middle of the ocean lies the Island of Eternal Life. On this island is an oak tree, and at the foot of it, hidden in the earth, a coffer bound with iron. A Buneary is locked in this coffer, and under her sits a Ducklett whose body contains an egg. Within this egg is Darkrai's soul - if it is ever broken, he dies."

"Thank you, Kitsune--I will follow this advice." the Flareon smiled as the lights went down again.

The team of five puppeteers made the shining Ponyta puppet "run" across the dark stage again. "The next morning, Prince Leo thanked Kitsune, mounted Epona, and rode across the land with the swiftness of an arrow." the Dewott narrated. "Leaving the forest and its enormous trees behind, they soon reached the shores of the ocean. In the distance stood the rocks of the Island of Eternal Life, but there seemed no way of reaching it."

The lights came up on the Flareon looking out at something, deep in thought. "What is the matter, Prince Leo? Is something bothering you?" the Ponyta puppet asked.

"How can I help grieving when I can go no further?" the Flareon sighed. "How can we cross the sea?"

"Get on my back, milord, I will be your bridge; only hold on tight". the Ponyta puppet assured the Flareon.

"Wait a second...isn't the hero supposed to save a Goldeen first?" Shimmer asked as the puppeteers made the Ponyta puppet elegantly "swim" through the air.

"Maybe that was cut for time, or turned into something else." Ruby suggested as the lights camp on a set of a twilit island.

"The sun was about to set when he dismounted on the Island of Eternal Life." the Dewott narrated. "He first took off Epona's harness, and leaving her to graze on the green grass, hurried to the top of a distant hill, where he could see a large tree."

Some awkward giggles went up as the Flareon approached the prop tree. After taking a few steps back, he ran towards it, grabbed the tree with both hands, and lifted it it over his head, to some cheers."

"Wow!" Brenna gasped as the Flareon heaved aside the prop tree.

"That had to be heavy." Lita agreed as the Flareon went through the steps to acquire the egg...only for some "Oh"s as he tripped, fell and dropped the egg in the "water".

After a few tense seconds, a Goldeen puppet emerged from the water to cheers. "There's your Goldeen." Lita smiled at Shimmer over the orchestra's triumphant melody.

"I can't wait to see the final battle!" Ruby smiled as the lights went down...

To Be Continued...
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

2. This post has been liked by: