Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SlickSlack View Post
    Despite the nights murder, Misty was oddly calm about it, maybe even a bit ignorant. She was only focused on the Stalker at hand.

"Astralnox shed their first blood, huh. I mean, there was no blood, but you get the idea."

Her expression falls a bit after saying that, but it isn't much.

"Even though I have all the money I need to help out Safen, I have other plans for now. First, I'll buy a “Handymon” Magazine from Exacta City Newsstand, and store that for later. Then I'll go and check out 19. Duante the Yamper. Poor guy..."

It was clear Misty had plans to finalize fixing that console she dug out from the sublevel a few days ago tonight..
    As a new day begins, you head out and make your way toward the mall. As you step a few feet away from the steel mill, you feel the air and it seems stale and hot and you inhale and exhale. A few dusty winds blow past you and it’s rather unpleasant. You imagine not too many Pokémon besides ground and rock types would be all too thrilled out the weather today.

Once you enter the mall and head toward the newsstand, you place $100 Sochas$ and an issue of the Handymon magazine before Dole the Vaporeon, who is always happy to see a returning customer. He prints a receipt for you and puts the money in his register.

Misty has spent $100 Sochas$ to purchase the [“Handymon” Magazine]

You then decide to head toward Dret’s home just a bit further south. Normally, Duante would be going to school today, but given last night’s incident, you imagine he wouldn’t be going anywhere. As you approach the house, you realize Dret the Mightyena is hovering over his son, and it takes a bit to convince him you mean no harm…

Interview Rapport: NEUTRAL, MODEST
    +MODEST (Water vs Electric)

“I would like to talk to your son for a bit,” you assure Dret. “I just have a few questions.”

“NOT ON YOUR LIFE!” Dret roars. “DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO US!? IF YOU TAKE ANOTHER STEP CLOSER, I’LL-!”

“Stop, dad,” the young Yamper sniffles. “I… it’s okay. She just wants to talk, that’s all.”

Dret goes silent, and looks you over before looking back to his son. The Mightyena gives you a bit of a distrustful, dirty look, and you can tell in the process he’s sizing you up, assessing what you would be capable of in a fight. Carefully, you lay your sledgehammer down and show him you’re now unarmed. It only assures him a bit, but it seems to be enough.

“I’ll be watching,” Dret warns you. “Don’t you even dare try anything or I will rip you to shreds!”

“Dad, please,” Duante pleads. “You can’t talk like that to everyone now because mom died. She just wants to help. But how can they help if you keep threating to kill them? Mom… mom wouldn’t want that… you she wouldn’t…”

The Mightyena goes silent, and you can see in his eyes that thoughts… endless thoughts are swimming in his head, some at dangerous paces and you feel those are the things triggering his nasty behavioral impulses. But the words of his son calm him down, at least enough for now. Carefully, you approach the young Yamper and sit down besides him. Normally, you can tell he’s usually a cheerful, happy young Pokémon, but today, it’s as if someone drove a knife through his soul and where there was once youthful cheer, there is only somber sadness.

“I’m sorry about my dad,” Duante whispers to you. “He’s not taking this well.”

“It’s okay,” you comfort him. “He’s in pain. We all are.”

Duante nods, and tries to smile for a moment of understanding and friendship, but he just can’t…

“What can I help you with?” Duante asks, trying for a brief moment to chat with you.

“My name’s Misty,” you introduce yourself to him. “I’m trying to find out who and what these Stalkers are so we can stop them. Stop them from hurting others.”

Duante looks a bit downcast, not sure how he can help with this, but he tries to think of something.

“I had a bad dream…” Duante tells you. “I dreamed… one of the Stalkers was at my school. They were chasing me, trying to kill me, but I couldn’t get a good look at their face. When I did, it was all… distorted. Looking at their face made me feel like I was forever lost, and it was so weird and creepy.”

“Dad said I have to go back to school soon, but I’m so afraid,” Duante shivers. “I feel like they’re watching me. I don’t even know if I can trust anyone there.”

A bit reluctant, he shows you something he found, and it looks like a slivery-white talisman with what looks to be billions of small glowing stars. However, it’s only the right half of it.

“I want you to have this,” Duante tells you. “It seems important, but I don’t want the Stalkers to catch me with it, because I think they’ll try to destroy it and kill me for having it. I’ve been trying to find the other half and I think it’s close by, but I just haven’t found it yet. With the way dad is now, I can’t look for it anymore and I need to lie low. I’m hoping you can look for me…”

[2nd Half of the Talisman of the Stars] has been added to the Team Inventory.

“Please take good care of it,” Duante pleads.

When you hold it, it fills you with a few rays of hope and comfort, but as Duante pointed out, the left half of it is missing. Though you can’t help but get the feeling like it’s near you, yearning to be joined again with the other half. You hope that sooner or later, you can figure it out.

“I just want to get some rest, now,” Duante tells you, looking a bit sad and tired. “Please, stop those Stalkers so no one else suffers like this. I still look around the house hoping mom will still be there. I miss her so much already…”

“Thanks for your help,” you tell him as you stand up. “We’ll do our best.”

As Duante heads back into the house, you decide to turn around and go back to base after picking your sledgehammer back up. It seems as though Dret has realized you were telling the truth and has gained a bit more trust for the Emissaries, but still, it seems like the death of his wife is always going to keep him on edge, possibly for the rest of his days…

Misty the Palpitoad (M: Water/Ground)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 20/20
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Medicine | Abilities:
    EQUIPMENT:
    Attack Weapon: [|AW| Utility Sledgehammer] (Adds 3 damage to successful attack rolls)
    Defense Armor: <Empty>
    Jewelry: [|JY| Gold Triad Amulet] (Reduces incoming Sanity damage by 2 points each time Sanity damage is taken and reduces incoming Purity damage by 2 points each time Purity damage is taken)
    Utopian Aspect: <Empty>
    MERCENARIES:
    #1: <Empty>
    #2: <Empty>
    PACK:
    • $550 Sochas
    • [“Handymon” Magazine] (Gives the user the Repair Perk for the Cycle it’s used, one use only)

Senior Moderator

I equip the Combat Longbow and check the Riverwinds Shopping Center
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I equip the Combat Longbow and check the Riverwinds Shopping Center
    Hey, Riverwinds Shopping Center was searched already, I just realized I might have forgotten to save the update on the first page to mark it as searched.

Senior Moderator

@Noel Emolga

Have any parts of our base been searched at all?
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Nico the... what am I now?
    Nico the whipped cream has an existential crisis, but manages to crawl out of it after hearing a pep talk back at the base.

On her way out, she nudges @EmeraldSky to empty the spare weapons from her backpack please~

First, it's time to shop.
    3 citrus, 3 speleon, 3 starf berries (75 +75 +75 = 225 sochas) from Friend in Need Pharmacy, to deliver to Safin the Politoed for their quest. Hopefully the exchange doesnt take up a whole turn- if it looks like it will, Nico will put the berries into the team inventory and put off delivery until the night time where it will surely be a safer activity than exploring....

Next store to hit up is Sapphire Oasis Jewelry Store!
    Starburst ring- 200 sochas- time to slip that sucker onto a strawberry finger! Nico should be looking fairly well decked out now! No fear!
    Well, some fear. But less fear!

Lastly, time to make this creamy delight into a coffee! Nico drops past the Soul Food Diner to pick up and ingest a Caffiene Delight for 150 Sochas.

((1000- 225 - 150 - 200 = 425 sochas left))
    Time to WHIZZ PAST THE BASE ON A HIGH AND EMPTY NICOS WALLET WHEEEE~~
    Plus, if that fruit delivery was successful, also dump that 500 and the violence berries into the team inventory.

First place to check is somewhere that is hopefully less dangerous-- and it will make sense why Nico could drop all the stuff off at the base! That's right- shes going down to (1b) Foundry Floors 1-2 (Empty Space) <UNSEARCHED> to have a stickybeak! Whatever she finds there, she'll dump in a pile in the emissary group inventory before heading out. Call it spring cleaning. In uh... winter? Summer? This place is too dry to tell.

Finally, it's time to gear up and take the Vault Y117 Key to the (58) Jadewater Apartment complex and Park.
    LETS GET THIS BREAD
    and not become toast...

6. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

@Lychee

I'm working on getting the extras unloaded (as well as finding somewhere safe-ish we haven't looked yet)

So for now, I equip the Combat Longbow and check Foundry Floors 1-2--there has to be something in there we can use.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Ok, so first I'll unequip the Veteran's Warhammer and replace it with the Millitary War Sword. The I'll plonk everything else not equipped into the group bank/inventory.

As for my main action, well an abandoned prison sounds like the perfect place for a stalker to hide, so I'll seach the (54a) Main Prison Structure

9. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by TylerNinetales View Post
    I'll go and the (77) Jano Clinic and Urgent Care a look see.
    As the morning sun rises, you head south, intending to see what you can discover in the Southern Reach. Upon leaving the Emissary steel mill, the first thing you notice is the stale air that seems hot and dry as it tastes dusty and rancid. Meanwhile, the wind can’t seem to make up its mind, almost making you wish it would decide to blow or not to blow rather than be erratic.

After crossing the Western Exacta Bridge, you head into the dead heart of Exacta City’s Southern Reach, seeing the destroyed and lost city ruins of a metropolis that used to be bustling with life and activity. Now, it’s literally a ghost town, devoid of the living, and home to only the dead and the undead. Keeping your wits about you, you use the shadows, the walls, and any available cover to make your way to the Jano Clinic.

On the way, you find the macabre remains of an Elekid, although it takes you a good thirty seconds to look the remains over before you’re at least half-certain that’s what it used to be. From what you can see, the ghouls weren’t interested in his personal belongings, only his flesh. Judging from the bloodstains, it looks like this Elekid only died about two or three days ago.

You look through his brown leather pack and you find a sizable amount of money inside. The rest of it seems to be personal survival belongings such as a lighter, towels, rations, and other similar belongings that you don’t feel you need, but you leave them in an easier to find spot in case another scavenger comes this way and needs additional resources.

$450 Sochas$ were added to Midnight’s Pack.

There isn’t much left of the body. It looks to be that his armor was ripped apart as the ghouls tore their way at him and you don’t see any sign of a weapon. You do find, however, that he had a ring on his severed, mostly consumed paw that you almost overlooked. It has a ghostly-silverish band with a dark black onyx inlaid into it. After rubbing the dirt and blood off, you slip it on your own finger, and it seems to fill you with an almost vampiric aura.

Midnight has equipped the [|JY| Nightstealer Ring] (Health damage dealt becomes Health points restored).

You continue your way to the Jano Clinic itself on the grizzly southern side of the OMEN crater. Upon arriving, you see the building looks almost leveled and it’s even difficult to tell it was a clinic in the first place. You imagine when OMEN struck, it’s impossible for anyone in this building at the time to have survived and you discover it’s difficult to even find anyone’s remains. But if anyone did survive, they would have been severely injured and wouldn’t be able to crawl away from the horrors that would soon swarm the area. Surviving would have been less merciful than just dying immediately…

You decide to explore the ruins anyway, digging through the rubble heaps that are scattered around. Among the debris, you find some medical equipment, but a lot of it is far too damaged to salvage in any way, and a lot of the medical and laboratory gear has been ruined by either damage or contamination. Even so, the shelf life on a lot of the chemicals and ointments has long expired. Anything that’s still intact in terms of vials, jars, and syringes is likely no good anymore anyway. The hemostatic agents and Pokémon thrombin have long expired and lost their sterility.

Among the devastation, you find the ruins of the waiting room. Among the twisted metal, piles of broken concrete, and splintered wood, you find a few of the old magazines that used to be provided to waiting patients and their family members. Among the pile, you find an old issue of Chansey’s Diagnosis, which has gotten a little dirty, but it’s still legible and usable. You decide to take it with you.

[“Chansey’s Diagnosis” Magazine] (Gives the user the Medicine Perk for the Cycle it’s used) was added to Midnight’s Pack.

As you keep looking, you find the trauma care rooms, or what’s left of them. You spend a good twenty minutes digging through the remains, taking care not to cut yourself on any broken glass or jagged metal in the process. There isn’t much left to be saved, but you do find several crushed metal cabinets that might have some potential. Of the three you find, the first just couldn’t be opened while the second had its vials, flasks, and chemicals either crushed, spilled, or they had expired. The last cabinet takes you a while to break open, and you find that because the door is so crushed inward, you end up needing to rip the door off to be able to access what’s inside.

When you look in, you see a lot of the medical equipment inside has been severely damaged. Medical devices on the top layer are completely crushed inward and will never work again, but items on the lower shelves appear to be in better shape. While the first two pieces of equipment are cracked and their fluids have long leaked out of them, two of the Trauma Packs appear to still be in working condition and could be used. While they would require an injection, they appear to be very high-grade medical equipment and very likely had a high cost associated with them. You decide to take them, feeling despite being a bit dated, they could heal someone’s life in a pinch.

2x [Medical Trauma Unit] (Fully restores Health, Sanity, and Purity OR serves as one use of the Medicine Perk) was added to Midnight’s Pack.

After making one last look around the clinic, you find there used to be a sublevel storage room, but rubble and large slabs of concrete have blocked off the stairwell downwards. It’s too tight for you to squeeze your way in, but you think a smaller Pokémon with a subtle frame might be able to get down there to see what the sub-level might have.

{Tight Rubble Pit: <Small Pokémon Size>} has been noted in the Team Records.

After gathering all that you could, you decide to head back, taking care to watch your back and keep an eye out for ghouls and other abominations. Thankfully, they never notice you and you manage to safely slip past them as you make your way back to the steel mill to begin your preparations for tonight.

Midnight the Zoroark (M: Dark)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 20/20
    Battle Stance: Ferocious
    Perk: Diplomacy | Abilities:
    EQUIPMENT:
    Attack Weapon: <Empty>
    Jewelry: [|JY| Nightstealer Ring] (Health damage dealt becomes Health points restored)
    MERCENARIES:
    PACK:
    • $480 Sochas
    • [“Chansey’s Diagnosis” Magazine] (Gives the user the Medicine Perk for the Cycle it’s used)
    • 2x [Medical Trauma Unit] (Fully restores Health, Sanity, and Purity OR serves as one use of the Medicine Perk)

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Let's interview 40. Namrai the Steenee
    Interview Rapport: POSITIVE
    +1 Shared Type (Grass)

You decide to pay Namrai a visit to see what she might know about the Stalkers and if she’s seen anything strange lately. As you step out of the steel mill and begin your walk to the Happy Holiday Gift Store, you aren’t too fond of the weather conditions today. The dusty sands can’t make up their mind whether they want to gust or not today while the heat and the staleness of the air don’t go well together. You begin to wonder what would be worse for a Shaymin such as yourself. This… or snow.

After finding Namrai working at the Happy Holiday Gift Store, you see that she opens early and that this shop is her pride and joy as it seems she has a fondness for jewelry, trinkets, and other colorful knick-knacks and souvenirs. After walking in, you feel the store has a welcoming aura to it and it seems like a nice, refreshing escape from the anxiety of the refuge community and the OMEN-related calamities just outside. From what you can gather, this comfort away from the stress seems to be exactly the kind of feeling Namrai is trying to create with her store and hopefully entice her customers to buy some of these trinkets and make their own living arrangements feel just as relaxing and refreshing.

When you approach her, she happily welcomes you in as her first customer today. You introduce yourself to the Steenee and she tries to smile, though you can see from her eyes that it still looks like there’s some feeing of hurt going on deep inside of her, but she tries her hardest not to show it and assure you this is a nice and happy place to shop at.

“Hi Noble!” Steenee tries to smile. “I don’t think I’ve seen you here before. Welcome and thanks for coming to my shop!”

You ask her about the Stalkers, wondering if she has learned anything about them from seeing others, or if she’s seen other unusual things going on around town. It looks like Namrai has seen a fair share of unusual things, especially being by the border edge of the Reach.

“Mmm, I have a number of stories,” Namrai tells you, looking a bit concerned. “Well, I don’t like to spread rumors about my customers, but there’s one in particular that I’ve got to mention. Esler is one of my regular customers,” she explains. “Yep, Esler the Malamar. He’s kind of creepy and he’s always coming by here to see what he can haggle for cheap. I’ve asked some of the other store owners around and he does this kind of thing to them, too, but he definitely comes by here more often.”

“Well, the other day, I noticed he was wearing this really strange armband on his left… tentacle thing,” Steenee grimaces a bit. “I saw it was a black onyx band with a gold-trim looking effect that kept forming figure-8s, which I guess was some sort of symbolism to infinity or something like that. I know he didn’t buy something odd and peculiar like that that here so I asked him about it, wondering where he got it and if he perhaps bought it from Lagrais’s Sapphire Oasis store. He felt I was being nosy and that I should ‘just shut up and do my job.’ What a grouch. Still, something about that band looked pretty odd and unsettling and it doesn’t look like any piece of jewelry I’ve ever seen before. Makes me wonder if he's a Stalker or that thing he’s wearing has something to do with them.”

“Meanwhile, ugh, there’s Shas,” Namrai sighs, looking a bit frustrated. “I can’t stand this Chimchar kid at all. He and some other kid, usually Jakko the Litleo, who is also a real pest, come by here every now and then and on the first day they showed up, I knew they might be trouble and likely weren’t going to buy anything. And I was right. Jakko distracts store owners and employees by making a scene or bothering the other customers, and when I try to deal with it, Shas goes and steals stuff while I’m not looking and runs out the door with it. It happened twice now and I’ve banned both of them from coming in here. Pressing charges and trying to work with Aurorawatch to deal with this is impossible, they’ve got their hands full with other stuff and small-fry theft like this is at the bottom of their list of concerns. Still, I’ve learned similar things have happened at other stores. Jakko has always been a nasty nuisance to pretty much everyone in town but Shas is really something else, making you think he’s a sad, innocent boy with plenty of ‘woe is me, my family’s dead’ sob stories but then he steals stuff, attacks other kids, and breaks things, so I don’t have sympathy for that kid anymore. Pokémon around here seem to assume all the Stalkers are adults but you know, those two kids are pretty rotten and evil and I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them were actually one of them. If you were to talk to them, you’d see exactly what I mean.”

After a lot of ranting, she catches herself and looks a bit apologetic.

“Ah sorry, I didn’t mean to bombard you like that,” Namrai sighs. “But thanks for listening, Noble. Say, while we’re on the subject of odd and unusual stuff, I have something to show you. It doesn’t seem to be connected to the Stalkers, but it’s rather… strange. Comforting even.”

She shows you a folded piece of what looks to be runic parchment, which by itself seems to be unusual and it reminds you of some of the other Utopia relics that have been located. When she unfolds it, what you see appears as an arcane circle with many runes. After looking upon it, your knowledge of Seinaru comes in handy as you know exactly what this is for.

“Hey, this is a Starline circle,” you tell her with a bit of excitement as you explain all the features of it and point to them with your white paw. “You see these arcane circles and these rings? It’s sort of like a ritual schematic or like a diagram that explains how to create and maintain a celestial rift. It may look basic but there’s actually a whole detailed explanation regarding the instructions and process.”

Namrai just looks at you with shock, as if her jaw is about to drop.

“How did you…?” she asks, barely able to speak. “You… you know what, you’d better take it. I forget where I found it but I kept it because I thought it looked cool and didn’t have any other purpose, but that sounds like… something really important.”

She gladly hands you the piece of parchment, and you decide to take it with you, very certain this belonged to a Utopia angel. It even resonates with that same, comforting Utopia aura feeling to it.

[Starline Configuration] has been added to the Team Inventory (Sin Purge – Dawnlight Reckoning Summoning Relics)

“Oh, one last thing before you go,” Namrai tells you, pulling out a necklace from a display case. “I want to give you this. As a token of my thanks for just… coming on by, saying hello, and hearing me out. I appreciate that. I know you’re busy, but if you can, feel free to come by again and it’s okay if you don’t buy anything, but I hope maybe later something entices you. And if I learn about anything else going on, I’ll let you know.”

Noble has equipped the [|JY| Onyx Necklace] (Cuts the chances of running into random enemy encounters down by half (50%)

“It looks great on you!” Namrai smiles as she sees you wearing it. “It’s quite pretty and I’ve heard things that it’s a good luck charm and keeps Pokémon out of trouble. Hopefully it works and does the same for you.”

“Well, take care and hope to see you again soon!” Namrai tells you as you head out the door.

Noble the Shaymin (S: Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 15/20 | Purity: 24/24
    Battle Stance: Tactical
    Perk: Seinaru | Abilities:
    EQUIPMENT:
    Attack Weapon: [|AW| Razor-sharp Shiv] (Adds 1d4 damage to successful attack rolls)
    Jewelry: [|JY| Onyx Necklace] (Cuts the chances of running into random enemy encounters down by half (50%)
    MERCENARIES:
    PACK:
    • $205 Sochas$

12. This post has been liked by:

Leaving the best for the last? How sweet of you sugars. Maybe there's some kind of advantage of getting pretty high.

Search (56) Whitestar Skyscraper