#50 Borsei the Clefairy has been murdered by the Stalkers.

It was becoming almost routine to Aurorawatch.

“I… I really don’t think I know how to handle this!” Rali protested.

But it didn’t matter, she was assigned to investigate Borsei’s death by her superior officers. The odd and unsettling thing about it was that Borsei’s killer… had already done all the investigation work. Even detailing how they did it and why.

When the Treecko found the Clefairy’s body at the Friend in Need Pharmacy at the mall, there was a note besides her body, detailing everything.

So I did double duty. Wasn’t pretty, but that’s how things go sometimes.

If there was one big thing I discovered about Borsei, it was that she really didn’t like her job as a pharmacist. She had the skills and knew how to handle the role, but she hated it. Seemed like it was maybe her parents or someone she was close to that forced her to go into this kind of field. Those stories always suck to hear about.

Borsei wanted to be a painter instead. Live, breathe, and think creatively. Yeah, pharmacists don’t get that opportunity. Instead, they come with health lectures and bossy customers who think they know how to do the other person’s job. Borsei really hated those things too, but beyond that, she absolutely hated having to stay late and do overtime for whatever reason. She was the clock-watcher type that couldn’t wait until her shift was over, and then she’d run right when that minute hand struck the hour.

She also really didn’t care much about anything. It seemed like she had become so numb to the kind of mental agony the job was inflicting on her that she really didn’t put her heart into it anymore.

So I had to off her based on that.

I waited until closing time, and then I seized control of her body while her mind was just stuck in there. I forced her to stay late. Insanely late, like all night even though there were no customers. I forced her to do frivolous busywork instead, just to keep her stressed out and exhausted. And I knew she hated that, but I had her doing that well into the super early morning hours. The work was going nowhere and it wasn’t high priority at all. She could have waited until the morning to handle it. But nah, it was just the sense of having her entire night murdered at work, only to be fed the agony of knowing she’d have to do another workday just because it was time for her to be on the clock again. Four consecutive shifts! Well, she never actually did that fourth one.

I made her heart stop, but only after she had undergone that horrendous triple shift of work even though she really didn’t need to. I also had made her listen to a 24-hour health lecture podcast, and I knew she hates those. I actually think by the end of it all, she wanted to die. And I was like “hmm, yeah, ok!”

Ciao.
ASTRALNOX

Rali crumpled the note into a paper ball, really getting the shivers from it.

After reading that, it got her mind thinking what Astralnox would write about if they had killed her. And it was a very stressful thought…

Doom Tracker:
5/40

Due to Borsei’s death, the Friend in Need Pharmacy has been permanently shut down.