Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

(I realized I forgot to put NPC gender indicators, I’ll fix that!)

Quote Originally Posted by SlickSlack View Post
    176FF2E8-2630-4D36-8323-1815951E12A5.jpeg Let’s start with something simple.

I’m gonna interview 2, Safen the Politoed. Mostly about if he knows much about the Stalkers, but he also has a mission I want to check out.
    Interview Rapport: POSITIVE
    +1 Shared Type (Water)

You head out of the Emissary base and go south toward the Military Compound. It’s a bit of a walk, but thankfully, the weather today is okay, though the wind and its constant barrage of dust and smoke tends to be a bit pesky.

As you make your way down, you can’t help but take glances at the ruined Southern Reach a few miles away from you. You can only wonder what kinds of horrors are lurking there, but for now, things seem quiet and safe in the refuge area. But every now and then, you hear a muffled howl or shriek in the far distance…

When you arrive at the compound, you find yourself unable to talk your way in. Security lockdown is very tight and without the proper clearance, you find yourself stuck at the door while two Aurorawatch guards, a grumpy Arcanine and a not-in-the-mood Mudsdale give you a look to just stay away from the door.

Instead, you decide to wait until Safen is on break and heads outside for a bit. When she does emerge, you approach the green and yellow frog Pokémon and introduce yourself to her.

“Well, there’s a new face,” Safen remarks as her fingers caress her blade. “Haven’t met you before.”

You introduce yourself and inquire about the Stalkers, trying to see if she knows anything about who these murderers are and what she might have uncovered.

“Yeah, those chumps,” Safen spits. “Thanks for reminding me about those maggots. I can’t say I’ve seen anything suspicious from Aurorawatch, but I haven’t been out in the field too much either. Always damn private security detail for Nytalia and Samona who can’t sit still for two minutes because she needs to tend to her flowers. Give me a god-forsaken break. There’s ghouls and all hell running around out there and we’ve got to have detail to cover her so she can grow tulips and lilies because we’ve got nothing better to do. This is the kind of thing that gets me thinking of new alcohol recipes.”

“We’ve gotten complaints about the Stalkers, yeah,” Safen nods. “Came across two bodies myself while filling in these security patrol reports. First, there was Jedun, a Spritzee. Whoever this clown was that killed her, first they dressed Jedun up like a peapod, murdered her, disemboweled her, and wrote a completely deranged poem about how she opened up and her ‘happy little peas’ went frolicking in a field to play hopscotch when said ‘peas’ were really her heart, liver, and kidneys. Who the hell does that? I’ve seen active duty combat that was less psychotic than that.”

“And the other,” Safen growls, looking disgusted again. “Deppon. That little Rowlet was so ripped apart that it took us a solid half hour to identify the body and make the connection. That’s how utterly gored he was. It’s like someone really hated his guts and thought he deserved to look like chili while his bones were used to make a psycho sculpture. I can’t tell which of these cases is more grotesque than the other, but damn, as if we didn’t have enough problems running around here with everything that OMEN has done. Now we’ve got these turbo-charged ass-maggots on parade.”

You ask Safin if there’s any way you can help out, not just with the Stalkers, but with whatever she might need done.

“Sure, you can go punch Crez in the face for me, that’d be great.” Safen tells you, obviously not on good terms with him. “But really, some bumbling moron here, which I’m pretty sure was Crez, put in a purchase order incorrectly, and as a result, I got extra orders of Violent Seeds when really we need berries. Yes, berries because we still have morons out there getting hurt over stupid things like wanting to finish off a ghoul to look cool rather than remember it’s only our job to keep them the hell away, not try to show off by killing them, especially if they’re running back into the Southern Reach. Thanks to Crez, or whoever the hell did this, Nashen, our quartermaster, is going to be absolutely pissed when the supply runs out and too much crap like that runs up the chain of command. Do me a solid, just get me some Sitrus, Spelon, and Starf berries and you can have some of these extra Violent Seeds. It’ll save me from having to explain the screw up and filling out the forms and paperwork. I’ll even throw some cash in to make it worth your time.”

SIDE MISSION STARTED: Internal Audit
    Spoiler:
    Safen needs 3 Sitrus Berries, 3 Spelon Berries, and 3 Starf Berries to make up for a purchasing ordering blunder and to keep healing supplies in stock for Neshen the quartermaster. Bring her these berries to be rewarded.

Rewards:
    • $500 Sochas$
    • x5 [Violent Seed] (Increases damage dealt by this Pokémon by +3 for each successful combat strike. Lasts one cycle, effect cannot be layered.)

“There’s something else,” Safen tells you, looking a bit irked. “Something I haven’t had for a while. You wanna know what that is? A real, honest to goodness sparring match. I used to duel Neshen, but she’s a bona fide bitch when it comes to fighting and loves to do cheap shots all the time. You’re new, so maybe a little match might be nice? I mean a real battle. Give me a good match and you know what, I’ll even throw in this Paladin’s Reaperblade. Truthfully, it’s not even mine, it belonged to Paladin Crul before some chimera bit into his head like an apple.”

2. Safen the Politoad as been identified as being Open for Sparring.

You think there may be a possibility of talking Safen into just giving the Reaperblade without a fight, but it might involve someone who can get through to her with words. You decide not to try it, as she might rescind her offer, but for now, you tell her you’ll think her over offer some more.

2. Safen the Politoad: <Diplomacy> OR *Sparring Battle Victory*

With that, you decide to head back to the steel mill and prepare for tonight.

Misty the Palpitoad (M: Water/Ground)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 20/20
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Medicine | Abilities:
    EQUIPMENT:
    Attack Weapon: <Empty>
    Defense Armor: <Empty>
    Jewelry: <Empty>
    Utopian Aspect: <Empty>
    MERCENARIES:
    #1: <Empty>
    #2: <Empty>
    PACK:
    <Empty>
    Last edited by Neo Emolga; 10-29-2020 at 01:35 AM.