Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Moderator

@Noblejanobii

(is using Pallet Town's Japanese name for the village's name okay, or would you prefer it be named something else? This will affect Juno's introduction.)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    @Noblejanobii

(is using Pallet Town's Japanese name for the village's name okay, or would you prefer it be named something else? This will affect Juno's introduction.)
    (Sure that’s fine)
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

@Noblejanobii @Winter @Neo Emolga

"I am Juno Kishida of Masara--nice to meet you." Juno smiled with a little bow. Her voice was both relaxing, and yet had a note of comfort in it. Her demeanor alone seemed to assure her guards that she would never betray them or forsake them when the going got tough. No matter what happeed on this long journey, she would protect her bodyguards as much as they protected her.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Kaze Burakku
    The Elder’s House > The Great River

Kaze was impressed with Fuyuse and Nakano. These ladies were sharp as a nail! They brought up a pretty darn good point about if they could really even trust the people at the keep, and it got Kaze thinking and considering they could have very well showed up at the front entrance, knock on the door, say hi, and then take a halberd to the head a second later and it would be lights out, good night, just like that. No more adventure.

“Well, geez, didn’t think about that,” Kaze remarked, almost laughing. “Okay, yeah, that’s quite true and falling victim to people we didn’t check out first would hit pretty high up on there on the dumb ways to die list. Most people I’m sure are friendly, but all it takes is letting your guard down around that one nasty person and it can be all over.”

Nakano had introduced herself and Kichirou, her Dewott, hailing from the kingdom of Fontaine. And then Juno introduced herself, coming from Masara.

“Name’s Kaze, Kaze Burakku,” he smiled a crisp and confident smirk. “I come from Greenleaf, nice meeting you ladies. As for my Pokémon, the Bellossom’s name is Ōen, the Emolga is Dasshu, and the Cinccino is Gairu.”

5. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

@Winter @Neo Emolga @Noblejanobii

Juno whistled, prompting a beautiful white Ninetales to join her. "This is Crystal, my own Pokemon companion." Juno explained. "She is a rare mountain Ninetales, whose fire turned to ice to adapt to the cold mountain weather."

(what we know as the Alolan Ninetales is considered mountain Ninetales in Ransei--the Kantonian Ninetales are called plains Ninetales)

Fuyuse
    The Great River

Admittedly, Fuyuse was more than a little surprised when Juno of all people questioned why she would believe the people of the keep might have less than noble intentions, then insisted that it would be out of character for the elder to send them someplace dangerous. After all, the elder had made sure to remind them, as well as the crowd that had gathered in the village, that their journey would likely be perilous. They would eventually be walking into danger regardless, and if they needed this bow to continue--well, it didn't really matter if the area of was being held in was safe or not, though she would have hoped the elder might have warned them if that was the case.

She wasn't going to start off this journey by being careless, however, and thankfully it seemed someone else agreed with her. Fuyuse nodded as Nakano explained that it was their job as bodyguards to be cautious, especially with what limited information they had at their disposal. Of course, then the young woman pointed out that she had no clue what her fellow bodyguards' names were, and Fuyuse realized that no one had introduced themselves yet. She was used to this, with how many people she and Waka had attended to over the years, names weren't always specifically necessary, and tended to be soon forgotten. These names, however, she knew she needed to remember and use. Fuyuse gave a more deliberate nod of acknowledgement and greeting to Nakano and her partner in turn as she introduced herself and Kichirou, her Dewott partner. She offered a similar nod to Juno as the young woman followed Nakano's introduction with her own, then fought the urge to frown as the only man in the group, Kaze as he would introduce himself, seemed to agree with exercising caution...but then suggested that failing to do so would be a dumb way to die. She was starting to wonder if the man was too carefree for his own good, not that much could be done about this--he was seemingly one of their onlyagic users, and the more guards there were, the safer Fuyuse hoped everyone would be.

Instead of focusing on that, she nodded in turn to Kaze when he shared his name, then his Bellossom, Emolga, and Cinccino partners, as well as Juno's unusual Ninetales partner. She supposed that just left her, then. She gave herself a moment to try to focus before she spoke again.

"Nakano expressed my thinking fairly well, it may not be entire groups that we need to watch out for, but a handful of individuals. It would be a potentially disastrous error not to be on alert at all times, and as I have not lived in the village long myself, nor have I had much reason to travel, I do not know the history or relations of this area particularly well. I was not certain whether or not any of our other companions had knowledge on this front, and thought it important to ask. Apologies if the question offended, however I did not want to start our journey on the side of carelessness." Fuyuse bowed her head slightly in apology before continuing on. "As for myself, I am Fuyuse. My companions include Hitomi," she paused to pat her hovering Houndoom's head, then moved her arm to gesture to where Hanzo stood a bit ahead of her, "Hanzo, and--"

She realized in the moment that she had lost sight of her Sneasel. Turning her focus entirely to Hanzo, Fuyuse moved her hands rapidly, shaping a question she knew the Croagunk would understand: Where is Daisho? The bipedal frog Pokemon responded with a vague gesture of his own, indicating Daisho had gone a bit further ahead. Brow creasing, Fuyuse let out a series of whistled notes, and after several long moments, the Sneasel returned to her line of sight. "And our troublemaker, Daisho. I have no homeland, I grew up with a doctor who traveled between territories."

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

8. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

@Winter @Neo Emolga @Noblejanobii

Juno nodded in agreement at Fuyuse's explanation. "I understand--I did not intend to come across as naive. I am well aware that Nobunaga's eyes are everywhere, so we must be on guard--even in a location we believe to be safe."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Nakano Tanaka
    The Great River

Nakano gave a slight bow to each of her companions as they introduced themselves. She felt a lot better now that they were all acquainted, at least to some degree. There was at least some diversity among their Pokémon companions which could help in covering their weak points, though Nakano couldn't help but feel like a week link given she was the only one of the bodyguards with a single partner. Perhaps she'd find another companion along the way, but for now, Kichirou was more than capable of defending Juno.

"Right, now that we've got that all cleared up, shall we discuss out plan surrounding the Great River Keep? If we have one at all? I think Juno is at least somewhat correct in that we can likely trust most of the people there, but we should at least have something of a plan before we go in, just on the chance something goes ary."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

@Noblejanobii

Juno showed Nakano a silver eight point star pin with a rainbow ribbon. "Those loyal to our cause will know this star and rainbow ribbon as the sign of the goddess."

(what the star basically looks like)

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Kaze Burakku
    The Great River

After Fuyuse had introduced herself her Houndoom, Croagunk, and Snealel, it came down to the killer question. To Keep or not to Keep. Juno was confident her silver eight-point star pin with the rainbow ribbon would be a sign of the goddess and those loyal to the cause would see it as a marker.

Eh-heh, do I dare say peeps NOT loyal to the cause would see it as a target?

“Just to be sure, I can cast Stoneskin on you just before we approach the door,” Kaze smiled, thinking that might be a good safety net. “If anyone tries to bash you, slice you, or any ungodly nasty thing like that, at least that’ll be a big surprise to them and it’ll keep you alive!”

He was even beginning to wonder… considering what Fuyuse and Nakano warned about, how badly did she need that bow anyway? Sure, maybe it could shoot shiny arrows and things of that nature, but they made it clear what kinds of risks were involved.

To Kaze, risk just didn’t exist and he was a wild dream chaser many times, but he definitely kept in mind that not everyone was like that. Fuyuse and Nakano didn’t seem to be like that and right now Kaze figured he must have looked like a nutcase to them! In the meantime, he knew very not-so-nice things would happen if something awful happened to Juno. Him, not so much, but he wanted to come out safe anyway, of course.