Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    Spoiler:

Apologies for the kinda… iffy image but I have some references for our hosts for this tournament, Ria (on the left) and Tzara (on the right). They have more partners than just the ones in the photos, but the ones pictured (Cookie the Sylveon and Lunelle the Espeon for Ria, as well as Bass the Pikachu and Synthwave the Alolan Raichu for Tzara) are the ones they use more often. Despite being the hosts, they’re both very capable of running the show solo if they deem a performance challenge worthy. And they don’t see a better way to kick off the tournament with… actually, you’ll see!
    Your image isn't showing up for me. Maybe try uploading it to Imgur and see if you can share it then?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    Hopefully this should be better. I couldn’t quite get an image sorted, but hopefully https://imgur.com/a/sU29Onz works okay.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

3. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hopefully this should be better. I couldn’t quite get an image sorted, but hopefully https://imgur.com/a/sU29Onz works okay.
    Yep that works great!
    / / / / / / / /

Late as FLUFF response, but good to hear! I should actually get back to prepping that opening post when I get the chance so this doesn't just die out.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Late as FLUFF response, but good to hear! I should actually get back to prepping that opening post when I get the chance so this doesn't just die out.
    Yeah if you want to go ahead and start the RP without me that’s totally cool by the way. I just got swamped at work because my direct supervisor quit somewhat unexpectantly so I’m having to cover her duties until they find a replacement which doesn’t sound like it’ll be anytime soon. Still very interested in joining this and the snap RP, I just need to get a handle on this work situation first.
    / / / / / / / /

Oh, that’s very reasonable! I do have a few things to deal with muscle, so I’ll try my hardest to try and tackle these two RPs even if you won’t quite be around for ‘em.

I got around to making the RP! Have at it, all!

!THE LINK!

@Faea @Shruikan

Won't be tagging Noble because of what they have going on and all that. You two are free to rock and roll, though!

9. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

OKAY HERE WE GO

Character Name (Full): Azar Vatroslav
    Age (13-30): 27
    Pronouns: He/Him
    Physical Appearance: Azar has a bit more Slavic features to him. He’s tall, well-postured, with dark eyes and blonde hair that he likes to artificially spike up like a flame for performances. He’s somewhat well built due to performing with his Pokémon but overall is fairly lean.
    Clothing: Azar typically wears business casual clothing. Think something akin to the Charleston. Plaid shirt with a tie and swear on top and slacks. He likes to keep up nice appearances when in public. Sometimes you can catch him in more casual clothing like jeans and a long sleeve shirt, but only if you’re a close friend and or visiting him in private. He also almost always has sunglasses on when he’s outside to signify his blindness to others.
    Performance Attire:
    Spoiler:
    Courtesy of my friend, TheNerdyBirdy

Personality: Azar is overall a gentle personality. While this is his career, Azar’s been at this while when compared to many of those around him. He’s something of a veteran by many accounts and his expertise leads him to desire to be a mentor to others when he can be. While people like to paint him as a hothead because of his fire-type preference and his early years, Azar has vastly mellowed out from when he was younger. He’s still competitive and in it to win it, but he also thinks it’s important to have fun and wants to impart that on others where he can.
    Points of Note: Azar usually has Tanguy out with him everywhere permissible. In instances where this isn’t possible, Azar has a walking stick to help him navigate.
    Backstory:
    Spoiler:
    Azar is originally from Pastoria City in the Sinnoh region. He wasn’t always interested in being a coordinator, originally having his sights set on becoming a member of the Sinnoh Elite Four. However, after seeing the Wallace Cup at a young age when it took place at Lake Valor, Azar was inspired to become a coordinator instead. He joined at the age of 13, the youngest he was permitted, alongside his partners, Logi and Funi the Cyndaquil and Ponyta. At first, he wasn’t very good, often not even making it to the second rounds. He took it hard, feeling like he’d never achieve his dreams at this rate if he couldn’t even make it to the second round of a contest consistently. However, eventually, with a lot of hard work and feedback from senior coordinators and judges, Azar began to greatly improve. At the age of 16, after three years of failures, he finally won his first contest, in Pastoria City no less. Azar couldn’t be more excited, seeing this as the true beginning to his career.

And then, just like that, in a flash, it vanished. Azar woke up one day shortly thereafter completely blind. A visit to the doctor and many tests told them what they needed to know: his optic nerve had suffered severe atrophy that had gone unnoticed and undiagnosed. Unless technology vastly improved within his lifetime, he’d likely never see again. Azar was completely devastated. His dream career had just started to take shape and now it was being stripped away from him just like that. He wasn’t sure what to do and for a while, sunk into a deep depression.

Despite being a rather “new” coordinator on the scene, support for Azar poured out from the community when he went public with the diagnosis. It wasn’t long before fan mail and messages from Azar’s fellow coordinators began to pile up at his doorstep, everything ranging from wishes of good health and messages of support to large gifts encouraging him to not give up. None of it seemed to help Azar that much though, as he felt like by becoming blind he had left all those fans and friends down.

The Wallace Cup returned to Lake Valor the following year, and while Azar had hoped to compete in it, his struggle with his new disability prevented it. Not wanting to visit the contest stadium for fear of interacting with people who knew him, Azar often found himself resting near the lake, merely listening to the commentary, cheers, and more as the contest went on. One night, on his walk home, Azar bumped into someone and upon running into them recognized their voice as one of Azar’s idols, fellow Sinnoh contest star Avery Miller. Embarrassed to run into them, Azar apologized and tried to leave, but Avery quickly pulled him into a conversation that changed his life forever. Despite being aware of his diagnosis, Avery believed Azar could succeed despite it and pushed him to give it a shot so they could face off against each other one day.

Inspired by Avery’s words, Azar began to work on his contest career again. It was a long journey, learning to dance, perform, and navigate the coordinator lifestyle again while being blind. However, ten years later, Azar couldn’t be happier with his decision and is now joining the Showscape Performance to prove that even with a disability, he’s just as skilled a performer as anyone else.

Any injuries / disabilities?: Azar is blind. He lost his eyesight at about 16 years of age due to an undiagnosed optic nerve atrophy.
    Pokémon:
    Spoiler:

Species: Cyndaquil
    Nickname: Logi
    Primary Moves (The ones it uses most often. See rule 10 for more info.): Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, and Quick Attack
    Appearance: A fairly normal Cyndaquil. Tends to wear a purple bowtie when performing.
    Personality: As Azar’s starter, Logi is a smidgen prideful, deeming himself the leader of the party and having a tendency to boss some of the others around. At the moment he has refused to evolve, viewing his status as a Cyndaquil as already achieved perfection.
    Other Details: Azar keeps an Everstone around for Logi to prevent him from evolving until he wants to.

Species: Salandit
    Nickname: Nary
    Primary Moves (The ones it uses most often. See rule 10 for more info.): Dragon Pulse, Thunder Wave, Will-o-Wisp, and Beat Up
    Appearance: Nary typically wears a sparkly orange cape while performing, liking to use its waviness to simulate flames. Otherwise she looks like a mostly normal Salandit.
    Personality: Nary is a calm Pokémon, typically acting as an observer when fights or arguments break out. She enjoys dancing and performances and is one of Azar’s oldest Pokémon. She hopes to evolve someday, but at the moment isn’t strong enough to.
    Other Details: Azar caught Nary while visiting the Alola Region for the first time.

Species: Houndour
    Nickname: Tanguy
    Primary Moves (The ones it uses most often. See rule 10 for more info.): Uproar, Flame Charge, Role Play, and Mimic
    Appearance: A rottweiler looking Houndour, Tanguy typically wears a yellow bowtie or collar during performances. When he isn’t performing, Tanguy typically wears a harness to act as Azar’s guide through crowded areas.
    Personality: Tanguy is a very gentle Pokémon, having been raised to be a seeing-eye dog. He is strong, responsible, and focused, typically being seen in his “work mode”. When he isn’t working, Tanguy is a very silly and lovable pooch, loving to play games, perform, and more. He adores everyone else on the team, especially Azar.
    Other Details: Tanguy is Azar’s “seeing eye dog”. He also typically doesn’t perform because of this role, as he’s trained to be Azar’s eyes, not to perform.

Species: Baile Oricorio
    Nickname: Sushma
    Primary Moves (The ones it uses most often. See rule 10 for more info.): Revelation Dance, Feather Dance, Swords Dance, and Teeter Dance
    Appearance: Sushma typically wears bowties when performing, adorning a blue one while in her Baile form.
    Personality: Susma is a bit of a diva, wanting to dance and do little else. She doesn’t have the best synergy with the team, being the newest member. Nevertheless, she is a skilled performer and can respect that most of the others are too, even if she finds them annoying.
    Other Details: Sushma is Azar’s newest Pokémon, having been caught during his most recent trip to Alola.

Species: Rapidash
    Nickname: Funi
    Primary Moves (The ones it uses most often. See rule 10 for more info.): Iron Tail, Hypnosis, Mystical Fire, and Poison Jab
    Appearance: Funi typically wears a blanket/cape while performing. The cape is styled to look like blue flames with orange edges. He also has an ear piercing.
    Personality: Funi is one of Azar’s oldest Pokémon and as a result is one of the most responsible among them. While Logi likes to claim he’s the leader, Funi is arguably the actual one, acting as the true instructor, coach, and teacher of the other Pokémon. He, like Azar, likes to give pointers and tips to those younger than him, even if they aren’t part of the team. He believes they should be enjoying what they’re doing and wishes to assist where he can.
    Other Details: Funi was Azar’s first catch as a Ponyta in the Sinnoh region.

Species: Lampent
    Nickname: Ednar
    Primary Moves (The ones it uses most often. See rule 10 for more info.): Hex, Confuse Ray, Sunny Day, and Mystical Fire
    Appearance: Ednar tends to wear a scarf of some kind while performing, usually either a purple or yellow color.
    Personality: Ednar is a shy Lampent. He’s quiet and keeps to himself most times, finding it difficult to speak up or interact with others. When he’s performing though, it’s like a switch flips and he becomes an extremely confident and skilled performer.
    Other Details: He hopes to evolve someday but has yet to find a Dusk Stone. Azar caught him as a Lampent.

Other: All the mon’s appearances are subject to change if/when I decide to draw them haha.
    / / / / / / / /

Nice, glad you were able to find time to pull this together! You're all set to get going.

12. This post has been liked by: