Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    Holy mother of macaroni, we really ARE getting the gang back together. Right down to Adrian Aylian and his duo of companions, no less! I’m seriously getting hyped up for this now.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    Holy mother of macaroni, we really ARE getting the gang back together. Right down to Adrian Aylian and his duo of companions, no less! I’m seriously getting hyped up for this now.
    Seriously, this has a very Field of Dreams feeling to it. Or hey, let's go for something more recent, an Avengers: Endgame feeling to it. >:3

And a mini-update:

Spoiler:
    So the map and the location list is 100% done and ready to go. Also, I've completed the list of townsfolk and rolled which ones are Stalkers. No comment on the results, I don't even want to insinuate anything on those! As for the map, I'd show it, but there's a slight possibility I might make tweaks. Not major ones, but I don't want to set it in stone quite yet.

My little black notebook with the notes I've taken on Stalker routes is now done for all the Stalkers (I scribble ideas and notes during pauses and downtime at work). I took special care NOT to get too carried away with them because I've done that in the past and that's what usually results in those SUPER-LONG seasons. These should definitely be a lot nicer to work with and not feel like an endless slog. What's next on my agenda is to commit the notes into fully fleshed out backstories and finalize the routes. I've only just started the first one and I'm tweaking things a bit. In the past, I've managed to fully flesh out one Stalker a day and place all of their material, and that was back when the routes were LONG, so I might be able to get this done sooner than later. But again, I still estimate a 3/31 completion. If I have extra time, I might spend the time to enhance things (like more graphics and minor features) as opposed to start things too early.

I'm hoping to have everything done for the Stalkers themselves before the 26th. Can't see why I wouldn't be able to pull that off, but we'll see how things go. Should be fun, this is always a very enjoyable part of Stalkers development. >:3

Cheers and good times!

3. This post has been liked by:

What's great is all I needed was the username to remember the password, I am Very Secure<TM>

Sometimes the scars on your soul are the only things keeping you sane.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomTool View Post
    What's great is all I needed was the username to remember the password, I am Very Secure<TM>
    Hey, it's you! Back in your true form! And here I thought you were long gone a while ago and we'd never see you again. Surprise!

Note to self, to summon everyone back to the PXR party, host Stalkers again!

Quote Originally Posted by Cutesy Lopunny View Post
    Note to self, to summon everyone back to the PXR party, host Stalkers again!
    You joke, but I honestly have no clue what compelled me to check in on y'all. I just know I peeked into Stalkers for nostalgia purposes and "Wait... interest check? Another season? Recent replies?" and wham I got stuck again :P

Sometimes the scars on your soul are the only things keeping you sane.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomTool View Post
    You joke, but I honestly have no clue what compelled me to check in on y'all. I just know I peeked into Stalkers for nostalgia purposes and "Wait... interest check? Another season? Recent replies?" and wham I got stuck again :P
    See, checking in on us paid off! I was wondering where and how you’ve been!

And some updates!

Spoiler:
    I’m about 25% done with the Stalkers. I know I said I thought I would be done around the 26th, and while I’m making some decent progress, I don’t think they’ll all be ready by then and I think I would need this coming weekend to really cover more ground on the kind of things I want to do for them to make this fun and deep (plus other things going on as well). Right now what’s done looks good, but yeah, I want it to be great and that may mean things need more time to bake.

So overall, I think I might need more time past the 31st. The stuff for the Stalkers themselves, I’m quite sure all of that will be done before the end of the month, it’s everything else that’s coming into question (can’t really say “Sin Purge” this time because things are going to be different this time around).

Having paid full price for both Cyberpunk 2077 and Battlefield 2042, both of which were rushed fiascos and painfully showed it on release day, I don’t believe in doing that and I wouldn’t do that to Stalkers RPG. I’ll still try to see if I can make it to 3/31, but it’s starting to look more on the unlikely side. Having that extra week or two into April would make quite a bit of difference.

So hang tight, I know you guys are eager to jump in, but I need some more time. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

8. This post has been liked by:

Ah, I know all too well that waiting is important for stuff so you have my patience. I've had a thing you like crank out a 45 MINUTE finale in around two months, so I can wait for a temporarily turned Lopunny to finish off the deep n' juicy bits.

10. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    Ah, I know all too well that waiting is important for stuff so you have my patience. I've had a thing you like crank out a 45 MINUTE finale in around two months, so I can wait for a temporarily turned Lopunny to finish off the deep n' juicy bits.
    Yeah, I'm still going to try. I've set mini goals and milestones here and there and I'm trying to keep a decent pace. And yeah, ah this goofy Lopunny thing. xD

One question I had for everyone that's been on my mind for a bit. How bothered would people be if Stalkers RPG had swearing in it? I know this was never a thing in previous seasons, but there's been a few occasions where it might give that extra sense of gruff nature, gritty edges, and in some cases, really add emphasis the deranged nature of certain things and give certain situations and contexts that extra bit of depth. But if people would be really bugged by that and really don't want to see it in Stalkers despite the Mature rating and parental advisory it has already, I'd still totally get that and I'd abstain from doing it.

Eh, I’m okay with the Stalkers pie being a bit sourer than usual. But I’ll roll with whatever the majority decides on.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I think swearing would be fine! I mean, if anything was going to be questionable it would be all the violence but we're all used to that. XD