Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Somewhere in the background, you hear various colorful phrases.
    "Mother pus bucket, what do you mean the child-born-out-of-wedlock who gets to straighten out this next mess gets to use actual bloody swears?"
    Hey, chill out, Nick buddy, you had your run and-
    "Yes, my run where you dropped out halfway through the game. Nickolas Foligan is making his second pass at the mess of the Stalkers, and there's little to nothing you can do to stop it, you dim-witted oxygen-thief!"
    ...you take too much after Algaliarept. Not sure how I feel about it.
    "You love it, or else you would change how I speak, darling."

Sometimes the scars on your soul are the only things keeping you sane.

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    And like so, the Toole lore continues onward. Will Nicklefool steal his spotlight back, or will Toole take a Decidueye into the spotlight like potentially planned? Tune in next time on PXR.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

3. This post has been liked by:

I'm okay with swearing! Its just an extra spice to sprinkle into description and dialogue in my opinion.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Thanks for the feedback! Okay, based on what I’ve read in the comments, people are okay with a little foul-mouthing going on, so I’ll leave that open as a possibility when creating content.

Also, some status updates on this!

Spoiler:

Okay, I know I’ve fallen behind, but I’m at least glad to say the stuff for the Stalkers is 50% done and there’s a LOT of awesome content already. Originally I was hoping to have everything for the Stalkers done before the weekend, but then as I was working through the stuff, I would have had to strip a lot of the good stuff like graphics and puzzles out, which I decided NOT to do and I’ve been spending the extra time to make good things great. So it means things have been taking longer, but in exchange, things are getting better, so I think it’ll be worth it.

Offhand, I was also kind of busy this weekend cleaning up tax returns and during the week resolving outside stuff. And there were nights that I was just DRAINED after work and the creative juices were only a trickle. The remainder of the content for the Stalkers should be done soon, but I’ll keep you guys updated.

The other stuff… not quite sure how long it’ll take, but I’ll try my best. There’s some interesting never tried before things going on here, but I’m not spoiling it. I still feel confident it’ll be fun and exciting.

As always, thanks for your patience and for checking in!

Nice, we're more or less halfway to the good stuff! Still really excited to see what you've been cooking up this time.

Spoiler:
    Also, silly thing I thought up, I was genuinely considering making a small class or something like it to ease folks back into (or just flat out into in a few cases) the Stalkers in case they feel like they got rusty. Sounds silly and I probably wouldn't be the best teacher, but if it helped I'd have no objections to helping out in ways past the rules thread might. Not that the rules thread doesn't explain things great already!

EDIT: I've given it thought and I wanna go ahead with this! Not sure if permission would be needed to lend a helping hand to rookies and veterans alike, yet alone where in PXR it'd go... but I'm willing to try anyway!
    Last edited by C0L0R3D; 03-30-2022 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Confirmation I wanna do this.

Senior Administrator

Yeeep, I know I’ve been a bit too quiet about this lately, sorry about that! It’s crazy how busy things have been and how much time has slipped by. With that in mind, I owe you guys an update.

Spoiler:
    Stalkers are about 95% done, all that’s left is just wrapping up a few graphics and placements for the very last one and I think I’ll be able to get that done today. The others are FANTASTIC right now and I’m looking forward to getting them out there. I got stuck on a few of them (and I didn’t want to get people worried about that) but things have gotten back on track and I’m pretty close to wrapping things up on that front.

As far as the “Sin Purge” stuff goes, I’ve been trying to rework that, because I thought about what I currently have a bit more and generally how people have handled Stalkers in the past… and I realized things were probably not going to go down too well. I don’t want to go too deep into details, but a lot of it deals with an overall “balancing act” and recognizing that in Stalkers, players are generally more on the conservative side with their choices and minimize the risk by not taking gambles on things. There was a component of the “ritual” that was optional and would make things easier, but would involve a bit of a gamble. But then knowing how people tend to play, this very likely would have been ignored and disregarded completely and… eh, I don’t want that and I think some reworking would be ideal here. I’ll figure something out, but I’ve been more focused on wrapping up the Stalkers first.

Rest assured, I know I’m WAY past the original deadline I had set, but things are still moving along and I haven’t forgotten about this. Hang tight, it’s coming.

8. This post has been liked by:

Past the deadline or not, I’m just super excited to see the Stalkers come back. So even if this drags out for who knows how much longer, I’ll still devote my patience to waiting for this new masterpiece to shine through.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    Past the deadline or not, I’m just super excited to see the Stalkers come back. So even if this drags out for who knows how much longer, I’ll still devote my patience to waiting for this new masterpiece to shine through.
    Yeah, I was a bit of a goof for putting a deadline for myself, especially when I barely had anything done. Usually I don’t do that and this is a good reason why. I needed the extra month to get some of this stuff sorted out and to catch up with other things going on, but I’m making pretty good progress.

I don’t foresee it dragging out that much longer and I know normally I give updates, but the most that I have is “working on the ‘ritual’ stuff” but I don’t want to disclose exactly how that’s progressing along because it’s all going to be different this time around. That’s really all I’m going to disclose. :P

I just need to finish that and update the rules and honestly, that’s pretty much it. So thanks for your patience, it shouldn’t be long now. :)

11. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

UPDATE TIME!

Ok, finally, I can say with confidence that I'm at the home stretch. The Stalkers are done, the "Sin Purge" ritual stuff is done (ooh, this is going to be FUN), it's really just a matter of revising the rules thread, writing up the story with the new lore (I'm rather proud of this part especially), and cleaning up a few last remaining things before SIGN UPS GO LIVE and I know you all have been waiting for that. Patiently I must add, and I thank you for that! I know development ended up being a whole extra month tacked onto the original idea of a release date, but yeah, it would have been a bleh mess if I tried to cram out everything like that and I know it would have been sloppy. Trust me, having this extra month to work with was a major help and made all the difference.

Sign ups should be going up very soon, HOPEFULLY this week. I just want to tie up a few loose ends first and clean things up a bit more but stay on the lookout and don't drift too far away if you want to get in on this, because there's really not much more to do (and some of it I can even do while sign ups are going on).

Get ready, because it's coming!

13. This post has been liked by:

"Is it safe to say I haven't been this excited since I won my freedom from Bless in a ridiculously high-stakes game of Go Fish?"

"...Yes, yes it is. Why are you asking permission, though?"

"Well, you see, I'm a scholar and a gentleman, and I usually don't fall when I try to stand..."

"I should have never given you my Pandora login."

Sometimes the scars on your soul are the only things keeping you sane.

15. This post has been liked by: