Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomTool View Post
    "I'm a terrible person. We heard rumors of goodies, and I'll be the gremlin to bite the bullet, take some damage, and loot the room."

Search (11) Hitchhiker Restaurant (ABANDONED). Remember to write the 4-Number Combination on arm with fancy fountain pen that was always mine to begin with yesyes no petty or felony theft here
    As the morning comes, you decide to venture to the southwest and head toward the abandoned Hitchhiker Restaurant on the outskirts of town. It’s a bit of a long walk, but with the safe combination in hand, you’re curious as to what is in this mysterious old safe that was left behind.

After a long walk on the dusty roads, eventually you find the restaurant sitting essentially by itself with very little else surrounding it besides the clinic and the abandoned Multok Apartment Complex. At least here, no one is going to be suspicious of you, but you’re quite confident that no one has looked down this direction for quite some time.

You first start your search looking around the exterior. From your initial review, it doesn’t seem like the restaurant has been abandoned for all that long, but you’re seeing a few signs of neglect. You’re guessing this place has been vacant for at most maybe only four or five years by now. From that, you see the structure is still in relatively okay shape and that with a little repair and updating, it could be back up and running. Still, it doesn’t look like anyone plans on swooping in to fix this place up. You could easily see nothing here changing even ten or twenty years from now.

You don’t find very much outside, however. There’s some trash, a few bits of broken glass, some metal cans, and some rusting kitchen pots and pans that look like they were supposed to be collected in the trash. However, they never ended up there and instead have been sitting here neglected for years. You don’t find anything of value out here, so you decide to head inside.

The front entrance consists of two windowed double wooden doors that could use a few touch ups in terms of finish, but you find the entrance was never locked. Either that or someone undid the lock and never cared to lock it back up behind them. The door seems to swing open just fine and you decide to walk in and take a look around.

From a first glance, most of the restaurant seems gutted in terms of furniture. A lot of the causal pop culture memorabilia that used to be all over the walls was all taken off, leaving a rather unsightly patchwork of missing plaster and outlines of the objects that used to be there. Meanwhile, the tables and chairs were all taken away, leaving only the booths in neglected condition. The lighting also seems to have been ripped out as wires simply hang from the ceiling limply.

When you check out the kitchen, you find most of the cooking equipment is gone and the only things that were left are ovens and stoves that no longer work. It also looks like it hasn’t been cleaned out for quite some time and the floor is caked with dirt and dried grease.

It isn’t until you get to the manager’s office do you find the old safe, which looks pretty solid and heavy. You imagine the weight of this old metallic safe is probably caused it to be left behind. Nonetheless, you decide to give this combination a shot, and you find the four sets of dials on the front with the numbers. They’re a bit faded and don’t spin as well and as smoothly as they used to, but you’re able to spin the dials to 17, 8, 42, and 32 as what was stated on the paper note you found.

Nicklefool has used the [4-Number Combination]

After pulling the old brass handle downward, you then pull on it, causing the door to swing open. There’s a bit of a creaking noise as you open it, but you figure that was to be expected.

{Old Combination Safe: 4-Number Combination}

Inside, you find only the top shelf of the safe is being used. Nothing was ever stored on the bottom. For the looks of things, Sarkkan never kept any of his things here. But you also begin to think maybe he never even knew about this in the first place. It all makes you wonder exactly why that note was ripped in half and never given to Sarkkan.

You investigate the top shelf and you find several pieces of jewelry here. Most of them are purely ornamental, but you do find an old set of wooden prayer beads that were blessed many years ago. As you wrap your hands around them, you feel the blessing bestowed upon them long ago may help protect you from some of the darker forces of evil here. You decide to put them on, and suddenly the presences of the shadows and the darkness don’t seem as intimidating as they once did…

Nickelfool has equipped the +|J| Prayer Beads+ (2P)

Among the other valuables that were stashed away here, you find what appears to be an envelope that looks to have never been opened. On the front of it, you see “To Kabi, from Dad” on it. Judging from the number of items that were put on top of this, you imagine this has been here for a while, and now you realize it was definitely Kabi who wrote that note to Sarkkan and it’s actually Kabi’s things that are stored here.

You find you’re able to open it without ripping the envelope, allowing you to read it without making it look too obvious it’s been tampered with. When you unfold it, you read the words…

Kabi,

Sometimes it’s hard to imagine just how many years have passed on by, and here you are, heading off to Beachwood University, which I know is a great school and I know you’re going to do amazing things there. Ever since you were a pup, you’ve always sought out to do your best and you never let anyone stand in your way. Sometimes even me. But despite all that, I just want you to know that I’m so proud of you. You’ve become such a fine young lady and I can’t wait to hear about all your experiences over there.

If you ever need anything, even just the little things, please let me know. I know sometimes it can be really hard, especially on your own, but I always want you to know that I’m with you and supporting you all the way. And mom, too. She’s with you in spirit, and you remind me so much of her. She would have loved to see just how amazing you’ve become.

I wish you all the best out there, but knowing you, I’m sure you’ll be ready to take on anything. Best of luck!

Love,
    Dad

You fold the piece of paper back into the envelope and you decide to hold onto the note, quite sure Kabi most likely won’t ever notice it’s missing. But you have a feeling somewhere along the lines… you might need it for something…

[Unopened Note] has been added to the Team Inventory.

After that, you decide to close the door to the safe and lock it up once more, creating the illusion that no one was ever here.

After searching the rest of the restaurant, you don’t find anything else of interest. You simply head out the front doors, letting the slowly creeping shadows once again descend upon a place that used to be full of life and laughter, now hushed as a testament that the only thing time leaves behind is silence…

Nickolas "Nicklefool" Foligan the Mr. Mime (M: Psychic / Fairy)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 20/20 | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Reincarnation Forms: Hisuian Zoroak, Mr. Rime, Decidueye, Gardevoir, Aegislash
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: <Empty>
    • Jewelry: +|J| Prayer Beads+ (2P)

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DayBreak View Post
    Attachment 2045
    "A death already?! Things are going south pretty fast..."

Attachment 2044
    "... But it's not too late to turn this around! I spent last night digging through our stash, put the two halves of the note together to get the full combination. Nickolas is already checking the café, so I'll check out this place." They point to (54) Pleasant Waters Harbor on a map of the town. If you want answers about what the hell is going on, naturally go to the most creepy areas. Made sense to the the Nidorina.

"Maybe I can have a word with some of the officers later, but I'll probably get to that tomorrow."
    (I love your PMD-style portrait icons! :3)

Realizing you’re in a race against time, you decide to delve into what might be one of the darkest hearts of this town. The places you were warned not to go. But as the sun rises, you head southwest toward the shore, here where the old Pleasant Waters Harbor is.

It’s a long hike and it makes your clawed feet feel tired by the time you get there, but you persist nonetheless, keeping your ears open and your gaze sharp for any nefarious thing that might be lurking here. Right now, all you hear is the crashing of the waves upon the sandy and rocky shore and the splintering docks up ahead. The occasional moan from the hull of the “Silent Song” ship can be heard as well, sometimes unexpectedly as the wave caress the hull. And sometimes it almost sounds like a voice. You swear it almost sounds like the word “runnnn.” Again and again.

When you come before the collapsed harbor buildings, you see just how dilapidated the port really is. The once lively boardwalk and its long continuous structure is half-collapsed into a pile of splintered wood and ruins. Even sifting through the piles doesn’t reveal very much of value. You find what looked like it was once an old bar counter along with the pieces of a barstool. And you find the shattered remains of a glass mug as well. You then head over to another structure that fell apart and you find an old bed underneath that was crushed and snapped in half. But again. You dig through the rubble and ruins a bit more, wondering if there was anything really left behind that might have been of some value, but either there never was or it was already taken away by scavengers long ago.

Ruuunnnn…” the moan of the Silent Song ship creaks out.

You continue digging through piles of rubble, but you only find destroyed furniture, rotting books, broken glass, and twisted metal. Almost next to nothing is worth salvaging and the little that remains intact consists of mostly everyday tools and items like pots, shovels, blankets, and so on that you see no need to take with you.

You then decide to move onto the other half of the boardwalk structure, taking care to watch your step. You’re not quite sure how much of this boardwalk can still withstand your weight, but you imagine one wrong step could send you tumbling down to the sandy dirt below.

Runnnn…” the moan from the ship creaks out again.

Inside one of the few intact areas of the main structure, you come across what used to be a small café, but there’s very little of it left and a giant gaping hole lies in the middle. Meanwhile, there’s a few old wooden tables and chairs while a creepy metal chandelier has been wrapped with spider webs. You’re not able to go too much inside considering most of the floor is missing, so you decide to simply head out and see if there’s anything else in the remaining store and apartment entrances.

And then when you step out, something odd happens. You don’t realize it at first, but something suddenly makes you feel uneasy. And you’re not sure why. The sun is still in the sky, the waves are still crashing on the beach, and the ship is still rocking from the waves and…

…and it’s like you’ve gone c̔͐͊͋ͯ͊o͎̹͇ͯ̂̒mp̓̇ͩ̑ͩ̌l̮̯̘͖̦e͉̮̗̤̣̣̙ͫ̃̆ͧͪ̅̃t̰̞e͉͐l ͚̬͇͔̭̰͍̑͛̍ͧͯ͆̉y͛͒ͬͪ̿ͭ d̊̌̌ͬ̒ȇ̿ͨ̓͂ͥ̉afͭ.̜̠͙̪̻ͅͅ

You suddenly can’t hear anything. Not the waves, not the moan from the ship. You tap your blue clawed foot on the wooden boardwalk but you don’t hear any noise. You clap your clawed hands, but there’s nothing. And you try to shout “hello, is anyone there!?” but no sound or noise leaves from your mouth. At least not anything you can hear…

And you suddenly begin to panic… until suddenly you do hear something.

”Thock!”

You almost jump as the sudden sound comes from behind you and you feel your heart suddenly racing, though you can’t even hear your own heartbeat.

“THOCK!”

It gets much louder. That noise… it’s coming from inside one of the harbor structures…

You decide to investigate, though something urges you not to. But you tell yourself you have to know. The other Savants need to know, also. You push yourself to enter where the noise is coming from. It’s a shop. A small retail shop.

What’s the worst that’s possibly in here?”

…yo͕̾U̬ ͯ͆k̓i͔̰͍͖D ͓̲̭̣̠̺y͍̝̬͈͉̻͐̎̎͑ͦ̚o̙̟͚̫͔̤̥ͩ̌̏̎̃͊͂u͙͙̻̲̹̟̍̒ͪ̊ͩ̂R͑ͤ ͙̫̬̲͙͕͎̓̔ͯ̂ͭṡ̜E͙̤̝̥ͅl͇͈̍̏F̫̝̙̦͋̊ͨ͂.̬̦̭̦ͥ̎̔́ͧ͑ ͎̺

You step inside and suddenly it’s like you’re taken back in time. It’s a lovely summer day and there’s Pokémon all over this beautiful boardwalk enjoying the sea breeze, the sights and smells of the beach, and you look out to the ocean to see plenty of Pokémon enjoying a swim in the water, sailing on a boat, running along the boardwalk having fun, and you can’t help but smile to yourself having totally forgotten what you were even doing just a few minutes ago. You can hear laughter, Pokémon children playing games, and couples in love enjoying their time at this beautiful harbor. It doesn’t hit you at first until you suddenly realize there’s something odd going on.

Everyone is looking away from you. You can’t see any of their faces as they’re all facing in other directions. You can only see their backs or at most their sides. But you’re not able to make out anyone from the front.

And then…

..͓̹̩̤̻̻.͞An͇̞̦̦͔d ́t̰̻̙̳̝͘h̯͇e͡n ̴͈͇̩̦̭t̞̮̩ḫ͟e̥̥̻͉̟̠̙͠y͔̙͈͖͓ ̭̣̼̀AL̳̰̣̞̠͚ͅL͏̥͉̮͉͉ l̰̱̯ook ͠a͙̳t̛̜̯͔̟̱͙̭ ͖͎͕you̢̜.͚̜̘̮ͅ

@Hellish Deranged Presence – NORMAL (6 Purity Damage)@ Trap 30% Evasion Test: 37 out of 100: Failed!

Oh… god…

Lyric has suffered 3 Purity Damage.

…You see none of them have a face. They’re all just blots. Crowds… and crowds… of…

.͕̝̲͡.̤̫̹̝.͙̤̬̣͚͠B̢LO̼̞̱̫̙͙͎T̲́S

“THOCK!” The sharp noise pierces out again.

“No, no… this can’t be… real…” You mutter… “This…”

And you try speaking again, but there is only silence.

Who… are you all!? You want to shout… you want answers… but all you speak is silence and all you get is nothing. Nothing. Nothing… but…

You frantically run into the store away from the crowds of blotted faces and you see everything has returned to “normal” behind you. The decrepit reality of the Pleasant Waters Harbor returns, but what you frantically stumble across has you f̯̯̭r̫̫a̼̜̝͎̘̬n̖ṱ̱̞̮i̗ca̹͙͢l̢l͚y ̕s͡c̗̜r̴͎͔͖̤͙̰e̼̫̼̟̪̖ạ̴̖̥ͅm̸i҉̹̠͚̘n̺̝̘̦͈̪̣͢g̩̞͕ͅͅ ̗̜… but no… there is nothing, for no sound leaves your mouth…

And what stands before you in this decrepit store lies one of the most bewildering abominations you’ve ever seen… and you realize this… this is what is responsible for the hideous noise that keeps making your heart jump.

Lyric has suffered 3 Purity Damage.

It’s a sight that almost makes you want to peacefully die… and leave this place however possible. But no, instead the hideous contraptions have been wrapped into and around this door like an ungodly machine. But even then, it remains incomplete. Missing even additional pieces that need to be affixed to this apparatus of sin. You see a missing pyramid indentation, yearning for some infernal pyramid-shaped object to be rammed into it. And then you see a hideous black glass chamber, and its as if there was once essence in this chamber… an essence… of slavery. Of servitude. Not just of one… but of all. And lastly, something even more foul. Tools… instruments… demonic instruments… are needed to bring this mechanical abomination to working order. None of this chaos makes sense… but you realize there is no choice. Or else no answers will come of this thing…

@{The Deranged Clockwork Door: Corrupted Conduit Pyramid AND Servitude Essence AND Implementation of the Demonic Instruments} – Hellish Deranged Presence – NORMAL (6 Purity Damage)@ has been noted in the Team Records.

You can’t bear any more of this. You turn around and race out the door, almost tripping and stumbling on your way out. The deceptive dream-like vision of the crowds of Pokémon with blotted faces is gone, and instead you see the Pleasant Waters Harbor as it really is. Scorned. Broken. Forlorn… and forgotten…

…maybe the way it should be…

Hoping to save and spare your spirit from any more suffering, you dash toward Benni’s farmstead as fast as you can, barely able to comprehend the nightmare you just saw and experienced…

Ruuunnnn…” the moan of the Silent Song ship creaks out…

Lyric Winterheart the Nidorina (M: Poison)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 14/20 | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Reincarnation Forms: Brionne, Mega Ampharos, Hisuian Goodra, Latios, Amaura
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Jewelry: <Empty>

Even though I want to talk to Caily and the cops, I think it's probably safer if I chat to a student at night, and the police during the day.

Dantus seems to know what's up, and I might have a lead for him on the supply of Raze in the district-- at least, I can find out more or help out in their investigation?
    Similarly, that was MY out of town friend who died! I've certainly got a few questions about whatevers going on here! I deserve to know! Could we all be about to die in horrible ways?Id love to find out how many serial killer signatures are out there... How many psychos?? I won't use the words demoni or stalker though.
    And... Are there any upsetting-but-useless pieces of evidence they've confiscated? Maybe they should hand that stuff over to me, to placate my TERRIBLY DISTRAUGHT MOOD WAAAH

Talk to Dantus the Dragapult and use Diplomacy

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post

Sorry if I'm late guys, I died. But I'm better now.

And you know what? I better NOT die the same way again. I demand variation in my deaths! Originality!

Anyway, I'm gonna go explore (44) Jade Acres Park.

Oh, and if you think this drawing is ugly? Give me a break I was just reincarnated!
    Taking just a moment to get accustomed to the Heracross form you once had many years ago, you head out with the morning sun, intent on seeing if there’s anything unusual going on with Jade Acres Park. It’s a bit of a hike from Benni’s farm, but you make the trip nonetheless and arrive after about an hour of walking.

From what you can see initially, the years haven’t been too kind to this park. It’s surrounded by a ring of trees that have shriveled up and died out into husks. Meanwhile the further out you go, the more decay you see until there’s virtually nothing left. You’re not even sure why, but nonetheless, you head closer to the small forest and keep a watchful eye out for anything that looks unusual.

Before you even reach the heart of the forest, you come across a small stone table that at first you mistake for a park bench, even though it seems like it is randomly placed here among several dead trees. The odd thing is there’s a square-shaped hole in the center, which you’re not sure what it’s there for. You lean in to take a closer look and…

@Void Rapture – GHOST (5 Sanity Damage)@ Trap 30% Evasion Test: 75 out of 100: FAILED!

…you mistakenly make contact with the bench. And it’s like you feel a part of your br͆̔ain͂̈́͆̑͗ͭ̏ ̠̥̠̜ͭͯͦ̊ͩͅr̮̹̙̙̭̦̬ot͕̫͙̬̰͕̻̃̂ͪ̌̇ͦ͐ṫ̝̜̮̻̲̫̔̅̓̎̾e̘̽ d̲̰͍ of̟͉͖͚̱͍̖f̙̪͒̋ ̿̔a̙͇͙̟̩̠̬͌̎̾ͯ̀ͧͯnd̋̊̐͑ͧ̈́̚ ̗̪̻̳͚š͔͎̫̥̥̰̼ͬͬ͛͋̅̓t̤͓̳͕̋͐ͥ̋ạrͮ̈́̂͌ẗ̆ͣe͙̹͖ͤ̓̈́̓ͨͭ ̮͕͙d̞̪̺͍̉ͯ͒ͩ f̟͉̣̟̃̾͊͌e̝̻̹̣̜̩ste̽͑r̥̻̻̻̣͍̪͒ͧ̉̓̓ͦͣi̙͂nͦͫͧ̇ͩ͌̆g̒̆ ̩̰̱̖̖̓͛͊ i͍̼̟̺n͉̮̪̾̎̈́t̜̑o̬͇͓̲ͤ̏͒̈́ ̄̌̈̈̈ͬ̚t͂̂̉̔ͪ̇͂he r̼ͧë͎̖͙̪̺̍̋̇̍s͕̰͙͎͎t͓̗̪͔̦̙͂ͪ́̊ͯ̑ ̮̗̥̓̈ͬȍ̲͈̟͙̬́̋̽̐f͎̲̀̂̊ͅ ͇̝̥̻͊͒̀̾i͙͔̜͍͓̱̬t̙̣̞͔̠̳, ̈̿mã͔̫̪̾ͨk̜͖͒̍î̻͎̮̃ͣn̘̯̱̓͐̊g͕̻͙̬͇̜̒̾͂̐ͤ͗ ̰́ȳ͙o̟̫̻̐́͐u̫͚̟̝̦̟̒̈́̾̔̑ͫ ͔̖̯ͩ͋̽w͓̩̰ͅr͐̈̓͛ͬ̚ȅ͉̪͕̘̟̖̈́̂ͤ͂̅t̺̜͈̎͗̓ćͦ̌ͬ̅̎͒hͮ͋ͩ ̣̰̫͍̖̉̃ ̪͓͎̓͆͑̎ͅa̜̪͇̪͎̰ͫ͑̐̊̾͒nd̫̤͓͔̜̈͊̈̏̓ ̤͉̙̫͊̓ͤͭa̘̪̬̱̭̽́͂̃̿ndd̬͔̪̖̞̳l͍͎̹n̈́͋ͮ́́i͖͖̬̯w̄̌ajͤ͐ ̫͓d͑͋ͥͦ̽ͯsf̙̜̰̝̜̼̍͛̔̇̓̑s̠̰͑ͦa͖̺oi͉͉͖͍ͅe̞̣ͥͨ ̘̯͚ạ̥̜̫̯i̯̦͔̅̊̚fd͇͈̰͎͇̘ͭ̀ͯ̓͑̚a̬̻̝̋̒̐s̮̤̖̣̞̰̟l ;̿

Scy has suffe̠͎͕̲͉ͯ̉̊ͥͧred 2 Sanity Da̮̝̣ͯ̎͌mage.

…it makes you twitch. Just a bit. Like a little jig before it suddenly feels like it becomes a full-blown seizure and you suddenly find yourself lying on your back on the ground, spasming. It gets worse when you make the mistake of reminding yourself that you’re all here ã̻̯̥̰̤̼̈ͥ̿̽̍ll̃̑̃̽ͤͪ͌ ̭̓a̮loṇ̣͓̰̰͉̄͌̇͒̆ͪe and there’s no one coming to help you.

Scy ha̮̝̣ͯ̎͌s suffered 3 Sanity Damage̠͎͕̲͉ͯ̉̊ͥͧ.

You make up what feels like hours later, jaw hanging open and you snap to attention, almost gagging in the process. Part of you wonders if you died again and this is just you waking up to enjoy a fresh new nightmare, but no… instead you see this one hasn’t ended yet. And you get up, looking at what caused this in the first place…

@{The Altar of Vacancy: Cube-Shaped Hole} Void Rapture GHOST – (5 Sanity Damage)@ has been noted in the Team Records.

You really feel like you didn’t deserve that. Still, once you get back on your blue spiked feet, you look back at the altar, making sure not to touch this awful thing. You observe the cube-shaped hole, realizing there’s something that’s supposed to go there. What, pray tell, you can only imagine, but for now, you need to move on.

You head more toward the center of the park, where the last few living trees go from surviving to thriving. But what you find in the center of it all almost seems to be a complete anomaly. There’s a small tear in the fabric of space and reality here, forming a kind of portal in the ground. It almost seems like it leads to an entirely new world. You take a closer look, but then it’s like the portal senses you… and wants to connect with you. You back away, but instead it connects with you…

Scy has gained 3 Kurosuōbā.

You suddenly feel like a part of you was suddenly interwoven into a completely alternate dimension. You feel strange, but all of a sudden, it’s like you know this portal’s purpose. It’s like… it’s simply waiting to receive something.

@{Dorimugeto: Sunadokei Taburetto} – ~3 Kurosuōbā~@ has been noted in the Team Records.

For just a brief second, you seem to understand. A sudden vision of an hourglass comes to mind, but for what, exactly? What does it all mean? It all just seems like shadows shortly after, like they’re hiding a riddle that you used to know.

You decide to turn around and leave, feeling like all you’ve found here were new mysteries… and not the answers you were hoping for. Maybe it will all mean something in time, but for now, you find yourself unable to go further, leaving you heading back to Benni’s farmstead to try and gather your thoughts. What could it all mean?

Once you arrive back at Benni’s you decide to rest it off a bit and wait until sundown. Thankfully, the taste of her Pecha Berry muffins is delicious and it makes you feel at ease again…

Scy the Heracross (M: Bug / Fighting)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 15/20 | Purity: 20/20 | 3/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Perk: Repair
    Reincarnation Forms: Heracross, Scyther, Centiskorch, Snom, Volcarona
    EQUIPMENT:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Playground Pichu View Post
    Hmm, this place doesn't seem like it would hurt to search.

At least I hope not...

Search: (27) Southshore Chapel
    With the morning sun now high in the sky, you head toward the Southshore Chapel, the main heart of Eonologist worship and religious service. You’re already aware there is a massive rivalry between parishioners of Eonology and those that believe in the creation story of Arceus, Birthright. But you want to see what’s going on from the Eonologist side, or at least where they practice their religion.

When you arrive at the large and ornate cathedral, you can honestly say the exterior is quite remarkable and features plenty of beautiful architectural elements that have similar traits to gothic cathedrals. Beautiful stained-glass windows depicting Latios and Latias, a high and admirable steeple, towering spires, and many ornate statues are just a few of the features your eyes are drawn to. Meanwhile, the grounds are kept in admirable shape. Whoever has been keeping the grounds clean is doing quite the job.

…but you quickly find it may not be enough.

Evidence of just how intense the feud between Eonology and the Birthright parishioners is quite evident. Vandalism denouncing and defaming the eon twins with blatantly defamatory slurs and obscenities is quick and easy to find and you can already see spots of where previous graffiti was painted over. Meanwhile, you see two security guards, an adamant Raichu and an imposing Mienshao are doing patrols around the building, just waiting to find someone reckless enough to vandalize the cathedral again. It makes you wonder if they were hired or if they’re parishioners themselves that got sick and tired of seeing their house of worship get defiled like this over and over again and decided to volunteer to stop it from happening yet again.

As you investigate the front of the cathedral’s exterior, you find the two statues of Latios and Latias that were also defiled and vandalized. Before, they used to be beautiful stone statues of the eon twins, but constant vandalism has done permanent damage despite attempts to repair them and paint over damage and slanderous graffiti. As you can see, the both of them had their eyes removed, seemingly almost dug out. You imagine it must have been a pretty strong tool, but upon a closer look, you find something more… disturbing.

They didn’t just have their eyes dug out. They’ve been wholly defiled, and with a supernatural flushing of evil that you strongly feel only the Demoni would be capable of. Latias’s eyes are dipping with blood, and actively dripping no less. You’re not even sure how that’s possible, but from what you can see, there’s a seemingly bottomless reserve of blood continuously flowing from them as a light trickle. And where the blood is falling, a small river of blood flows through the groves of the tiled stone walkway. When you look at the Latios statue, it’s a similar situation, only instead of blood, there’s a sickly jet-black ichor coming out.

{Statue of the Blood Sister, Latias: Missing Eye AND Missing Eye} has been noted in the Team Records.

{Statue of the Shadow Brother, Latios: Missing Eye AND Missing Eye} has been noted in the Team Records.

Between the two statues, you find the stone plaque that was put here has been vandalized as well, but it looks much more like the work of a Stalker than an everyday intolerant thug:

[size=5][font=papyrus]=The Vandalized Plaque= has been noted in the Team Records.

Clearly, there’s a Stalker that’s aware of the feud between Eonology and Birthright and they’re using it to hide their dirty work.

You then head into the chapel, and you find at least the interior isn’t nearly as vandalized as the exterior. You can see evidence that illustrates recent repainting and repair was done as a result of the vandalism, but at least nothing new has crept into here.

Meanwhile, the inside is quite a marvel to behold. Beautiful murals of Latios and Latias with heavenly depictions. The pews are also in good condition and the white tiled floor makes the interior feel clean, pristine, and holy. The ceiling arches also go up quite high and it all makes you feel so small in comparison. And by the altar, there’s many candles, banners, and two fountains side by side.

It takes you back a bit, and you feel almost saddened knowing the truth that it’s not true despite how firmly these Pokémon believe in Latios and Latias and their divine “Balancing Power” which doesn’t exist in the capacity these Pokémon believe. Still, you know it’s not true. You’ve seen and know of Afterhaven and Origine, and Latios and Latias are only minor legendaries, not the prime creators of the universe. But you decide to respect the beliefs of these parishioners knowing there are clear and obvious signs that singing praise to these two Pokémon means everything to them. And you have the notion that if the real Latios and Latias were to ever find this place and see this, it would inspire and encourage them to make sure their efforts would be rewarded with kindness, empathy, and leadership for these Pokémon. Even if the aspect of them owning the world’s creation is not true.

You don’t find anything else that seems suspicious about the interior, so you decide it’s time to head back to Benni’s farmstead. The defiled statues have you concerned, but you know helping these Eonologists deal with these Stalkers would be a win/win situation for all of you.

And judging from what you found earlier, you have the notion you’re already a critical step toward finding just that…

Chakra the Jirachi (S: Steel / Psychic)
    Health: 14/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Security
    Reincarnation Forms: Pikachu, Pachirisu, Minccino, Victini, Mudkip
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: +|A| Scale Armor+ (3H)

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post
    Search (12) Reliable Med Clinic and Urgent Care.
    As the morning sun rises, you decide to head down from Benni’s farm to investigate the Reliable Med Clinic and Urgent Care. From the rumors you’ve heard, it’s even more reliable than the Seabourn Hospital, but you’re hoping not to have to discover the hard way through medical intervention exactly why that is the case.

The trip southwest on your hooves doesn’t wear you down and soon enough you arrive, finding the main building in fairly good condition. You start your search by investigating the exterior, finding that the grounds are kept in good shape by not allowing the surrounding foliage to become overgrown. You also don’t see any significant damage done to the building, unlike the Hitchhiker Restaurant you saw Nicklefool enter just moments before.

On the outside by the southeastern wall, you find a small glint in the dirt that catches your eye and something about it strikes you as unusual. It seems like there’s something buried here, so you use your hooves to dig it out and you find it’s a beautiful ruby pendant on a gold chain. Despite being dirty when you initially dig it out, you rub off the dirt and dust using a discarded towel and it looks much better. You decide to put it on and just you wearing it puts you in a state of comfort.

Sam has equipped the +|J| Ruby Pendant+ (2S, 1P)

Judging from the looks of things, you’re under the impression this had been here for quite some time now. Years, in fact. You’re not sure who the original owner is, but you’re pretty certain they’re never coming back for it. In fact, you figure it’s likely they gave up searching for it long ago. You may never know, but you accept that it’s yours now.

You then decide to investigate the interior of the clinic, making your way through the single wooden swinging door. Upon stepping inside, you find the entrance and waiting room quite clean and welcoming with stark white walls and pretty wooden furniture. There’s nice scenic artwork hanging on the walls in the waiting room while there’s plenty of padded seats to accommodate Pokémon of all shapes and sizes. You find Vanni the Umbreon and Shesa the Arbok keep things nicely in order here, though you find they’re not overly busy today and they don’t have any patients being examined. The waiting room is empty for now and they’re catching up on paperwork for the time being, so it allows you to sneak about to see if there’s anything unusual going on here.

You find the clinic has three patient rooms and a back office area, but nothing about them seems to raise any red flags. The patient rooms seem pretty well-stocked in terms of supplies and equipment, although you realize these Pokémon are several generations of technology behind humans, although you still find a few medical devices that only these Pokémon have ever used. The only other room in the back has supplies and a small lab work area with many glass vials and medicines, but you don’t seem to find anything here that feels like it has any connections to the Stalkers.

You don’t find anything on the inside that causes you to think there’s anything nefarious going on here, so you decide to head out and walk back to Benni’s, preparing for what’s to come tonight…

Sam the Deerling (S: Normal / Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Repair
    Reincarnation Forms: Nidorino, Krabby, Blaziken, Ralts, Delcatty
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Jewelry: +|J| Ruby Pendant+ (2S, 1P)

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I'm gonna use my Security Skill to try and untrap one of our items

Oooh, you’re letting me choose which one? Sweet!

You decide to stay in this morning and work on removing the curse off of the Blackened Rose. You’re already aware ChiChi experienced this curse itself while receiving it from Raboa, who clearly was falling under the grim effects of this defiled flower. While you may not know all the details regarding this curse, you’re aware even just touching this corrupted thing causes the melancholy and self-destructive affliction.

First, you put on a pair of rubber gloves over your yellow paws and you put on a pair of safety goggles, just in case something foul sprays or bursts out of it. As you investigate and analyze the blackened rose, you try to search for signs or indications as to where and how this corrupting effect is being caused. Nothing physical seems to give any clues, but you weren’t expecting any given what you’ve know about what this curse tries to target. This afflicts Pokémon on a spiritual level.

@Horrific Defilement – DARK (6 Purity Damage>)@ Trap 80% Disarm Trap Test: 77 out of 100: Success!

You realize the black rose has been coated with a cursed dark ichor that cannot be perceived on the physical plane. Normal washing with water and scrubbing with soap doesn’t remove it either. Disinfectant spray will at least get it started enough to penetrate into the vile coating, but to really purge it out, you find yourself asking Benni if she has any holy water around, which you use to clean the rose after breaking up the coating. After ten minutes of generous soaking, the defiled ichor coating is washed away and the rose is clean, even though it still reeks of Stalker presences. But at least now it’s safe to handle.

The Horrific Defilement curse has been removed from the Blackened Rose.

With that done, you then place the Blackened Rose back in storage. While it will always have a Stalker’s taint on it, at least now it is safe to handle.

Maya the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | 5/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Reincarnation Forms: Gardevoir, Alolan Ninetales, Meloetta, Baile forme Oricorio, Cinderace
    EQUIPMENT:

8. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I will go search (4) Kako Industries Farm
    You decide to use this morning to investigate the Kako Industries Farm itself now. It’s a very short distance from Benni’s farm, which is good as after yesterday’s long and tiring investigation through the tancorn field, you feel you could use a break from walking.

From the outside, you look up and see a lot of the old industrial farm has seen a lot of use over the years and a lot of the equipment is almost fully depreciated, but still works. However, a lot of it looks like it could break down any minute now and your only solution would be to replace it. Every day these machines work feels like yet another day of borrowed time.

The structures themselves also show their age. The tancorn silos look like they’ve been in operation for several decades now and you see the metal plates and panels peeling and rusting in a few spots as well. And the main structure of the facility could use a lot of renovation work done simply to update it.

It isn’t until you search around the western silo do you find something odd. It’s something unique that you can sense whereas normal Pokémon would never ever know it was here. About four feet away from the silo, you feel the source below you and start digging, feeling a strange shadowy presence in the ground. You use your pink paws to dig a hole, and eventually you come across something solid. At first, you’re reluctant to touch this black, smoky orb, but after holding it, you assume it’s safe when you realize it’s not trying to defile or infect your mind and spirit.

As you look upon the smoky baseball-sized orb, you feel it fully charged with a shadowy power. At first, you cannot fathom its purpose or why it’s here, but suddenly it hits you. This device is a conduit, charged with a shadowy energy very similar to a relic battery. Somehow, someway, this stored power is meant to be used as an energy source. But you don’t know if its meant to be used for a machine, a ritual, to charge a weapon, or possibly even swallowed. You decide to hold onto it for now, hoping in due time you discover what this thing’s purpose is.

[Putki] has been added to the Team Inventory.

You then search the main structure. Here, the harvest tancorn is cleansed, prepared, packed, and sent off to distribution. The machines also seem very worn-down and it amazes you some of them are still running. However, they’re definitely on the loud side and you hope the next generation of machines will be much quieter.

You check one of the storage supply cabinets, and you find more tools and equipment like harvesters, fertilizer spreaders, pest deterrents, and the like. You even find a pile of weapons and armor, likely used to defend the farm from raiders or thieves. They look old, worn, and like they haven’t been used in quite some time, but you find a decent looking set or armor in the pile that’s still in decent working condition. It appears it was intended to be for a guard on sentry duty. Since it doesn’t look like any of these will ever be used again, you decide to take one set and wear it yourself.

Lewisia has equipped the +|A| Sentry Armor+ (2H).

The rest of them look too worn-down to be of any use and just don’t seem reliable. Meanwhile, the weapons have become worn, brittle, and rusty. You hope for Kako’s sake they won’t need to defend the farm any time soon. Or you hope they’ll at least be able to battle well using their own natural powers and don’t need weapons or armor.

After investigating the rest of the interior, you decide to head back to Benni’s farm just as the sun begins to set. All the while, the black smokey Putki orb never seems to rest as its dark energies continue to swirl about in the globe…

Lewisia the Shaymin (S: Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Reincarnation Forms: Gallade, Arctozolt, Galarian Rapidash, Mawile, Hisuian Typhlosion
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: +|A| Sentry Armor+ (2H)

Senior Administrator

Night has fallen in Seabourne Town
    Submit your Day 2: Night Cycle Actions now!

Time Remaining:

CLICK HERE

(Sunday, May 22, 2022 5:00:00 PM, Time EST)

@C0L0R3D @Playground Pichu @ARandomTool @EmeraldSky @sammy0295 @Scytherwolf @Shruikan @Noblejanobii @Lychee @DayBreak

009-determined.jpg
    " You know what. I hate being forced to run away and I hate leaving business unfinished even more. I'm gonna go back to those docks and check out that Silent Song Ship, and if need be I will knock some heads!! "

012-shocked.jpg
    " I am just staying far away from that horrifying monstrosity this time. When the sun rises I'm probably gonna take out some interviews because I'll probably have all the excitement I can handle for a while in today alone... "

014-sigh.png
    " .... Xerneas, If I die again, you had better not reincarnate me as a Latios. That'd make things real awkward with interviews... "