Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

[WAR] ●Drawn Art●

Welcome to PXR's First WAR!
    Join in the festivities by supporting your team in the WAR and submitting your works of art to have a chance in grabbing some points for your teams.

Try to show off your pure talent by creating a work of Drawn art and trying to rack up some recognition and some of the valuable needed points which could lead your team to victory and dominance of this WAR. Are you ready? You will face off weekly challenges. Each week will explore a new area which you must be prepared for. You will stroll from the universe of reality to the universe of imagination. This will test your drawing skills and imagination. Any medium may be used. Pencil/Graphite, Crayon, paint or even using programs such as Photoshop and SAI, use anything you wish for your entries. However, it must not be digitally altered with renderings or gradients or any other digitally enhancing features and must be either scanned in, a good quality photo provided or it saved in a .PNG file [for Digital Works] for it to qualify for this contest.
    It's time to show what you're made of. It's time to draw.

Grading:
    Each week I will Judge your work. Your work will be judged using four simple categories, all marked out of 10, You will have a maximum mark of 40 and the highest marking pieces of artwork will be awarded with the appropriate amount of points.
    Quality
    The quality of the piece of work will be assessed. The proportions and anatomy of any pokemon/animals will be reviewed and any other qualities related to consistency will be looked as. This category will include any shading on the piece.
    Success
    This will assess how successful you were in your piece of artwork. It will see how well you used your chosen Medium and it will look at how the piece matches the criteria given in the weekly challenge. Make sure you are able to portray what you want well, otherwise you may get a low score in this category.
    Creativity
    The creativity you have worked into this piece will be assessed. If I feel like you have not spent much time on this and it is something that I feel I have seen many times before, you won't gain many points. It will take in the level of risk you took and the thought put into the work along with the effort put into the work.
    Overall Appearance
    This is the category which is heavily dependent on the others. If the other categories are good, chances are this will be, however, if there are negatives, it could be dragged down. If I am impressed by the work and it instantly caught my eye, you have a good chance in the category.

Contestants who win first, second or third place will be awarded prize points for their WAR teams!
    1st place - 3 points
    2nd place - 2 points
    3rd place - 1 point

In the case of a tie, the point award system will remain the same, so the entries that tied will obtain the same amount of points (a.k.a. 2 points each for two entries that come second). Only three people would still be awarded points if this occurs, the only exception is if there is a 3rd Place tie. (For Example, if there is a tie for 1st place or 2nd place, there will be no 3rd place as the person would technically be in 4th place, but if there is a tie in 3rd place, there would still be the three designated places that are awarded points)

The WAR contest has officially closed!

RULES:
    1. All PXR rules apply
    2. All artists are to have respect. NO mocking pieces of work, NO flaming, NO trolling.
    3. Stick to the theme! This is a must for entries to score highly.
    4. All artwork must be new, whether that be a remake of old work, or a completely new piece, therefore I can assess your ability at the current moment.
    5. ABSOLUTELY NO ART THEFT will be tolerated. Your entries must be yours alone. If not, your entry will be ignored and you will not be allowed to enter this contest.
    6. Any medium is allowed, however, Digital Alterations such as Rendering and Gradients are not allowed. If you wish to colour digitally, use tools such as the brush tool, pencil tool or watercolour tool etc. This is so it doesn't give an unfair advantage over others that may not have used programs to create their work and the tools will simulate the mediums used traditionally.

Side-Notes:
    - If you are planning on doing some traditional art, a scanner would be beneficial to get a clear image of your work for it to be posted here, however, if you do not have access to a scanner, a good quality photo taken by a phone or a camera will be just as good.

Have fun, and may the best Team win in PXR's first WAR.
    Last edited by Coru; 08-12-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

Judging
    Spoiler:
    @Tenacity
    Quality: 7/10
    Success: 7/10
    Creativity: 8/10
    Overall Appearance:7 /10
    Total: 29/40
    Comment: I like this and I like the idea of it being a big robot with a remoraid controlling it at the top. That definitely gives you creativity points. I also like how you have tweaked the colours slightly. It makes this Octillery stand out from its original form. However, I feel it looks a little bit flat as some areas do not have the shading which should be seen on that type of texture. Such as the wheel/tracks that clearly are from a tank. They follow the overall shading of the body/feet, which makes them look flat on the pokemon, making them look more like markings. Other than those few shading issues, it’s a good design and good idea, Well Done
    @Shadow Tracker Max
    Quality: 8/10
    Success: 8/10
    Creativity:6 /10
    Overall Appearance: 8/10
    Total: 30/40
    Comment: I like this as an Ambipom Mega, I like the creepy face it has, even if it was intentional or not. I also like the spikes on the head. Even though it is a small change, it adds to the look of the pokemon by making it look more threatening. I also like the shading technique. It is simple but it suits the piece really well. However, I feel a bit more could be done with this. If you changed a bit more and added to the Ambipom Mega, I feel that you could gain a few more marks for creativity. Other than that, I like it and it is a good piece of work. Well Done.
    @Brettles
    Quality: 6/10
    Overall Appearance: 7/10
    Comment: I like how you have added two arms which use rockets/missiles as hands. That’s a good touch. I also like the black markings you have added. You also seem to have made Beedrill slightly more humanoid rather than bug-like, which I think looks better on the concept you created. Also, I like how you changed the wings, it makes it look more streamlined. However, there are some shading issues with this. Some areas look completely flat due to a lack of shading, such as the rockets and drills. It may just be the scanning, but it looks like they have no shading so they look completely flat. The arms and legs are fine, but I would have liked a bit more shading on the body to show off the round nature of Beedrill’s body. Other than the few shading issues, great Mega. Well Done.
    @Velocity
    Creativity: 7/10
    Overall Appearance: 9/10
    Total: 31/40
    Comment: This looks great. I especially like the shading technique. The sketchiness of it really looks good with this style that you used for the Mega. Also, I like the way you make Togekiss’ wings more bird-like by adding feathers. The head also looks good, the wing shaped eyes are a good addition. One issue I have with this is the feet. I feel that they look awkward. Not much for the right foot, but the left foot looks strange. To me it looks like it should be a side view it looks more like a view of the bottom of a foot, however, I understand how hard feet are, so this brings down the anatomy score down slightly. I feel that if this had a background with it, which some of the entries had, it may have been a close to winning.

@XaiakuX
    Creativity:8 /10
    Comment: You surely know how to make a pokemon creepy, haha. I feel the creepiness of this Raichu is a good touch. We are so used to Raichu being a cute Mouse pokemon that it makes it look almost a different pokemon due to its character. I like the hair (If it is hair) That extends from its head to its back. It makes Raichu look a lot more mature. The only thing I can mark this down on is the shading. I understand that this style is not meant to have shading, however, I feel the lack of shading makes it slightly harder to know exactly the features of the pokemon. Such as the hair, I almost knew it was hair due to the look of it, but I had to look and think to be sure. This is the only thing that could be improved, but I understand that it is part of the style with small amounts of shading. Good creepy Mega, Well Done.

@Shruikan
    Comment: I like the idea of this. I like how you have made Gallade a soldier, it really suits the pokemon. Also, I like how you have made Gallade’s red crest into a Jewel on the armour, that was a good idea. One thing I feel could be improved is the feet. The look quite awkward and flat. They do not look natural, but as I have said in Velocity’s comment, I understand feet are really awkward. This is a good sprite and the shading works well with the style. To improve, you could have added a background. Well Done.

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    Creativity: 9/10
    Overall Appearance:8 /10
    Total: 32/40
    Comment: I really like this one, it is really unique. I especially like how you have tried a different perspective and it is as if it is flying over you. That will give you more creativity points. I also like how you have made Skarmory a plane. It suits the pokemon as it is originally a metal bird. Also, although simple, the background is a nice touch. I feel that the outlines could be improved slightly. Some seem quite shaky and rough and in some places it doesn’t connect up, mainly on the right side of the neck. Fixing the outline would result in a much better piece. Other than that, there is not much more that can be improved. Maybe try to add more contrast to the grey tones if anything else is needed. Good Piece and Well Done
    @Suicune's Fire
    Quality: 9/10
    Total: 34/40
    Comment: Wow, I’m struggling to fault this, it is a great piece of work. The outlines are smooth, the shading is done very well and the background is a nice touch to the work. I like how you have made it look more like a torpedo as well. It looks slightly more true to its name now you have made it look more streamlined. The only thing I can say to improve is you could have expanded on the background a little to be a bit more creative and made it look better, however, it isn’t completely necessary as it is about Mega Evolutions, not backgrounds. Well Done it looks great.

@Lunar Latias
    Overall Appearance:8 /10
    Comment: I like this one, it is a great Vaporeon Mega Evo. I like the Trident Head and how you have expanded on the flappy bits (Excuse my bad terminology, haha.) The shading style goes great with the drawing and It is an overall great design. However, I feel that you could have expanded slightly on the pokemon. I feel that you could have added a few more features to set it apart from the original Vaporeon, however, this is probably just me being picky. I feel the only other thing this lacks is a background. If this had a background, or if the other entries did not, you would have a chance at winning, as it gives extra creativity marks and makes it look better, in my opinion anyway. Other than that, great work here. Well Done.
    @TheProtobabe
    Overall Appearance: 8 /10
    Comment: I like this as a Ninetales Mega. (Eventhough it doesn’t have Ninetales now, haha) I like how you have expanded on the hair tuft, it is a nice addition and makes it look great. Also, I like how you have made Ninetales look more rugged with the spiky fur, not the sleek smooth hair the original has. The Purple energy balls are also a good idea. I feel that you could have done a bit more with this. I feel that not much was done with the concept on this to completely set it apart from its original form. Again, it might just be me being picky. Also, I know the shading style is meant to be messy, but I feel you could have shaded the tail a little bit better as, to me, it looks a little flat. Overall, great design and good Mega. Well Done

@The Frost Dragon
    Creativity: 6/10
    Comment: Flygon! I like this as it is simple, but effective. The shading works as it is very simple but the shades are easily distinguishable and fits well with your style. Also, I like how you have changed the wings. I feel they suit Flygon much better than the rhombus shaped wings. I feel what is needed here is a bit more creativity. It is a good drawing, however, I feel that you have not changed much from the original Flygon, I see that you have changed the wings and tail, but not much else seems to stand out. I feel that if you changed something else or you tweaked something such as a colour in one area or another aspect of the pokemon, it would stand out more. It is a great piece of work, however. Well Done.

I know this sounds like a Cliche but I mean it. Everyone deserved to win this week. Every entry was a great standard, as you can tell by the extremely close scores. The only thing that stopped some from getting top marks was the lack of a background when others had them. Carry on with the great work and you are all talented artists. Hopefully I will be able to see and judge more of your work in the challenged coming up in this event. Congratulations everyone.

Winners
    Spoiler:
    This week was close competition. There was only 3 marks between last place and third place. Well Done everyone for doing so well and you are all winners as you all had great art.
    Click the names of the winners to see their art.

In Third Place, with 31 marks, we have:
    XaiakuX and Velocity
    You each get 1 point

In Second Place, with 32 marks, we have:
    Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    You get 2 points

In First Place, with 34 marks, we have:
    Suicune's Fire
    You get 3 points

Well Done!
    For Teams, the scores are:
    Team Awesome: 2 Points
    Team Trainer: 2 Points
    Team Aqua: 3 Points
    Last edited by Coru; 07-15-2014 at 03:26 AM.

3. This post has been liked by:

Banner will be edited in when made!
    ~The Natural World~
    There are so many examples of beauty in the natural world and so many strange and unique sights you can see. For week Two, I would like you to recreate a strange and unique piece of nature that you find really interesting. It may be an animal, a plant, scenery or anything to do with nature. Good luck.
    Artist's examples:
    Nature at night by dart1001 | Mother Nature by NynjaKat

Judging
    Spoiler:
    @Brettles
    Quality: 5/10
    Comment: This is a creative piece. I like how you chose to show nature in four different ways. It will definitely give you quite a few creativity points there. I also like how you didn’t make them all the same size, it makes the desert and hills stand out more, which I think is quite effective. The main thing that let down this piece was the lack of shading. You seem to have coloured the drawing in, but there is little shading and the colour looks quite consistent throughout, however, this may be because of it being a scan-in. You have made the outlines prominent as you have make them darker, but I feel if a little shading was added, it would have made it that little bit better to make certain areas stand out. Apart from the shading, A great thought through piece, well done
    @Velocity
    Total: 33/40
    Comment: I didn’t know what to expect when you asked about it in an earlier post, but it wasn’t something like this. I quite like it. I especially like the sun shining through the water, that’s a nice touch. I’m struggling to think of something to say to improve it as the shading is spot on and I don’t have an issue with the anatomy of the tiger. Good piece, well done.
    @Elysia
    Comment: I like the colours in this. I’m guessing you were going for a sunset/starry night. It is very unique as you used the reflection of the water to show the sky. I also like the touch of the lotus flower. It adds something to the piece so it isn’t just a reflection and it shows it is a reflection as it is floating on the water. One thing that I feel could be improved here is the way the water ripples. It ripples, but the image itself does not bend with the ripple, so it looks like the ripples are just floating, not a part of the image. Also, the rain drops are quite big, so making them a little smaller may look a little bit better. Overall, good piece. Well Done
    @Dragon Master Mike
    Success: 9/10
    Comment: A watercolour piece. I like it. I think this is a good piece for a watercolour as you show shading and depth of field. There isn’t much I could say to improve this except for the wooden jetty, or whatever it’s called, looks slightly weird at the angle it is, but that is only something minor which could be because of it being a watercolour. A great piece. Well Done.
    @Felly
    Creativity: 6/10
    Overall Appearance: 6/10
    Total: 24/40
    Comment: This is a good idea, but could do with some improvement. I like the flower and basket of fruit. It’s a nice touch. However, I feel like the tree trunks are too thick and the trees look strange. Also, there isn’t any ground, which may make it look like it is floating. There would be a horizon where the land and sky appear to meet, however, you haven’t put this. No worries though, it is only a minor thing but makes it look a lot better. The other thing is, like with Brettles, there appears to be almost no shading here, I think that makes it look lower in quality. Again, it may be because it is a scan, but shading is really important in making it look good quality. A good idea, but it could do with a few improvements. Well Done though.

Winners

Click their name to see their image
    Spoiler:

This means that:
    In first place, with 33 points, is Velocity!
    You receive three points for your team.

In second place, with 32 points, is Dragon Master Mike!
    You receive two points for your team.

In third place, with 31 points, is Elysia!
    You receive one point for your team.

This means that:
    Team Awesome receive: 5 Points (1st and 2nd)
    Team Yoga Bears receive: 1 point (3rd)

So there are the results for week two, I hope you enjoyed the theme and feel free to join in for any other week in the war.

If anyone disagrees with my judging or wishes to know more about why I gave you those marks, either so you can improve or you can understand why you got those marks, then feel free to PM me and I'll try to help you as much as possible. :3
    Thank you for joining in!
    Last edited by Coru; 07-21-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Banner will be added when done
    FAKEMON
    Yes, it is time for Fakemons to get their theme in the war. Go crazy with the concept. It can be an evolution or pre-evolution of a current pokemon, or a completely new pokemon. You need to choose something to base the pokemon off, whether it be an animate or in-animate object. Choose a type or dual type and create a fakemon. Take the type into consideration when adding features and do anything you wish. Feel free to do something such as another frog pokemon or do something completely different, like a pegasus pokemon. Anything now goes as long as it is has potential to be a pokemon. Also, you should name your new pokemon and if you wish, create a pokedex entry. However, the pokedex entry is not compulsary.
    Examples: Brezeon by Rueme | Gustella by IceCatDemon

Judging
    Spoiler:
    @XaiakuX
    Comment: I like the concept, especially how you have created a creepy looking fairy/dragon type, not the typical cute, small fairy pokemon. I also like the idea of the ornament. It really goes well with the type. There isn’t much I can say to improve this as it is quite good, but I would have liked to see it from the front or at a view as the side view only shows one side, not both. This is a very minor thing though as it still looks great sideways.
    @Brettles
    Comment: This is strange, haha. I like the idea of having a four-headed snake. Also, the shading is done well for the style you were going for. However, this could be improved a bit. I got a bit confused at the left-most head which is faced backwards. I didn’t know what it was at first and realised what it was when I read the entry you created. Maybe if you had it slightly angled so we could see the face partially it may make is slightly clearer. Also, the two middle heads seem almost identical. It may be just me being picky but I feel that makes it look strange and I would try to avoid making body parts look really similar as it could look like you have just duplicated it and did that as a shortcut. Overall, great concept and I like how you used the Hydra as the origin for the Fakemon.
    @Shiny Totodile
    Comment: This fakemon is quite colourful. I like how the pattern is so abstract, and out of the shapes, you have made a face. Great Idea! The definition is a little... creepy.. haha. Where does it take all the children? xD I feel you could have exaggerated the outline of the pokemon by making the sides of it slightly more curled, so maybe one of the corners would flop or curl, this would make is look slightly less flat on the page, however, that is just to make it look slightly more 3D, but as this pokemon is flat, it doesn’t need too much, I just feel like it looks quite flat out on the page. Anyway, it is overall a great idea that i’m surprised Game Freak hasn’t already adopted. Great Work!
    @Prince Vultan
    Success: 6/10
    Overall Appearance:6 /10
    Total: 24/40
    Comment: I like this idea. We don’t have too many porcupine pokemon around (Well, none that i can think of, except maybe for sandslash) so it feels orginal. However, it lacks colour as the only colour it has is the red bands on its body. In a challenge like this, I feel colour is quite important as the colour of a pokemon can say as much as the whole concept. Also, the anatomy needs a bit of work. I would look at the anatomy of a porcupine and try to recreate it as much as possible when it comes to basing a fakemon off an animal as you want a starting point and something that can help you create a body for your pokemon. If the anatomy doesn’t look right, then the fakemon won’t. Also, you have given a side view, although it isn’t too major, a front view or a view would be more preferential as it will show the whole pokemon, not half of it. A good idea, however, it could use a little help with the anatomy. Well Done though!
    @Elysia
    Comment: Haha, I like Budducks, very original concept xD
    I like your idea from Greek Mythology, sadly you couldn’t finish the Prevolutions. They would have looked great! I like the colour scheme. It really fits the type well and I like how you have tried to stay away from the typical weak route 1 bug type that seems to appear every generation. To me, it looks like quite a glamorous pokemon. The only thing I would say that could be improved is the body of the moth. I feel that it looks a little simple and it does not seem to have any legs. You may have purposefully done this, however, I feel it looks a little bit weird. A great concept and if only you had enough time to finish the other pokemon in the line. I wonder what the finished product would have looked like.
    @Velocity
    Total: 36/40
    Comment: Interesting. I like these. I’m not sure that the typing is completely expressed in the appearance, however, it doesn’t always have to be because it is also about the origin of the pokemon and the story behind it, which I understand as a Manticore is mythological creature, hence the fairy type and the idea of the poisonous spines it has is where poison comes from. I like the shading style. It really expresses the fur. There’s not much at all that I can fault with this as it is all good. Well done.
    @The Frost Dragon
    Comment: This is such a cute Fakemon. I like the colours you have used here and I like the whole concept, shading and style. It all suits the pokemon well because it makes it look quite adorable, which I think is good, whether it was intended or not. I feel you could have put a little bit more detail into the pokemon’s features to make it really stand out, but other than that it is a great pokemon nonetheless. Well Done!
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    Comment: Another Dinosaur! I like this as it isn’t too similar to the others. I feel this shows more character than the others. I also like the whole bond idea that you have included with the evolution line. It isn’t often you see pokemon from one evolution line have such a close relationship so I like it. I also like how you have tried out a different style of medium for this. However, I feel that some aspects seem a little messy. Mainly the line art. However, this is only something that is very minor as it seems to fit with the style of art. I just feel that some areas have too much of an outline gap, but that may be my picky nature with art, haha. Great idea though and a great try at a watercolour technique, I think it suits your style well and when you find out how you use it best, if you have not already, I feel it will be great.
    @3m0d0ll
    Overall Appearance: 6/10
    Total: 28/40
    Comment: A strange water/poison type. I like it! I really like how you have given multiple perspectives about it so you get the whole view of the pokemon. This helps us to see the whole pokemon and I think it was a good idea. Also, I like the whole idea. We don’t have many poison/water pokemon, so I like the typing. The one obvious down side to this is the lack of any colour. As stated before in Prince Vultan’s comments, colour helps to show the character of a pokemon and is a really important part of the concept, to me anyway, so I feel as this is lacking that, I can’t see the pokemon to its fullest. If a pokemon was dark and had reds and purples it would give off a dangerous vibe, but if it had bright pastel colours, it would seems happy and non-threatening, so colour is quite important to give it a character. If you added some colour, I feel you could have done much better in this competition, however, that aside, it is a great fakemon that has a great concept and origin. Well Done! @Suicune's Fire
    Total: 35/40
    Comment: Ahh, I suspected someone would do this. The Miltank/tauros prevolution, and you have pulled it off too. The shading is great, the outline is great and so is the concept. I like how you have done shiny versions too and how there are differences in the male and female. Those small touches are great additions. A nice simple background as well, although it is not really needed, it still suits and looks good. I like this concept. Definitely looks like it would fit in with the Miltank/Tauros line that the fandom want to happen so desperately. Well Done!

Winners

Click their name to see their image
    Spoiler:

This means that:
    In first place, with 36 points, is Velocity!

In second place, with 35 points, is Suicune's Fire!

In third place, with 33 points, is XaiakuX!

This means that:
    Team Awesome receive: 4 Points (1st and 3rd)
    Team Aqua receive: 2 points (2nd)

So there are the results for week three, I hope you enjoyed the theme and feel free to join in for any other week in the war.

If anyone disagrees with my judging or wishes to know more about why I gave you those marks, either so you can improve or you can understand why you got those marks, then feel free to PM me and I'll try to help you as much as possible. :3
    Last edited by Coru; 07-28-2014 at 11:59 PM.

6. This post has been liked by:

Banner will be posted when made
    Death/Life
    Life is individual to each person. Only they get to see life through their eyes. Therefore everyone has a unique idea on life. What does life mean to you? What do you find beautiful in life and what do you feel the meaning of life is? Anything to do with life is acceptable this week. Also, the process of death and mourning is one of the hardest things we go through during our lives, whether it be a loved one or a pet. they both are heartbreaking. What is your opinion on the afterlife? Is there a heaven? Ghosts? Reincarnation? Grim Reaper? How do you see the process of mourning? Express in anyway possible the emotion that you associate with death or express your idea of what the afterlife is like. This may be as personal as possible or as cliche as possible, anything goes. It can be as realistic as possible or as magical/fantasy based as you wish, it is your choice. Anything to do with life and death can be acceptable. Anything goes. Have fun!
    Examples: Grave by Hazzard7 | White Death by Tobiee

Judging

Spoiler:
    @Brettles
    Comment: I like the idea of this. The idea of the Cubone with it’s mother missing. It is a really nice homage to the Cubone/Baby Kangaskhan theory and it also suits the theme well. The shading is also reasonably good, even though I feel the piece could do with some more as it is lacking in some places. I feel you could have shaded the grassy background a bit to make it look less flat, and some areas such as the head could have done with a little bit more shading. Also, I feel there are a few anatomical issues with this as the face looks a little bit too elongated at the nose and the toes look strange as you can’t see any distinguishable toes. Overall, great concept but could do with a bit of improvement. Well Done!
    @XaiakuX
    Comment: I like this one. I think you have been very creative with this and I like how you have made most of the image quite dark. I also like the idea of the baby. It seems like the image then shows the whole process of life. Birth, life and death and I like the whole back story to it. Very interesting. I also like the style you used in this, it really fits with the theme. The main issue I have with this is the reaper. It looks like you have drawn him to be behind the main person in the middle, as if the reaper is about to try and grab him, however, the scythe is in front of his head in the image, making it look like the reaper is in front of him. This is slightly confusing but I may just be interpreting it wrong, haha. Apart from this, it is a great piece of work. Well done!
    @Velocity
    Total: 34/40
    Comment: Once again, there is not much I can say here for improvement as the shading is spot on and I have no issue with any of the proportions and anatomy. One thing I would say is that you could have been slightly more creative with the concept of this, however, it is a great piece of art nevertheless. Well done for another great submission.

Winners

Spoiler:

This means that:
    In first place, with 34 points, is Velocity!

In second place, with 33 points, is XaiakuX!

This means that:
    Team Awesome receive: 5 Points (1st and 2nd)

So there are the results for week Four, I hope you enjoyed the theme and feel free to join in for any other week in the war.

Last edited by Coru; 08-04-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Banner will be here when made
    Pokemon at war
    War has broke out across the whole pokemon world and it is all pokemon against one another. You have no limits here. You can place typeVStype generationVSgeneration or pokemonVSpokemon. You can draw pokemon in battle or you can draw pokemon that are ready for battle, so they would be put in protective armour etc. You can even draw the trainers with their pokemon in battle. As long as it relates to both pokemon and battle, it should be allowed. It can include small amounts of blood and gore, however, not extensive. Keep it at a 12+ Rating if you are to include any blood. Pokemon can be seen using their own attacks or using weapons. Any pokemon can be used in the image and humans can be used to help the pokemon. Go ahead and have fun.
    Judging
    Spoiler:

@Brettles
    Overall Appearance: 5/10
    Total: 25/40
    Comment: I like the idea of the Original three starters having a three-way fight. It pays homage well to the first generation. However, I feel that this was slightly rushed. Eventhough it is a great concept and I think you have pulled it off to some extent. I feel that if a bit more time was spent on it, you could have made it much better. The anatomy of the pokemon seems to be slightly awkward. For example, charizard has a long neck and awkward looking wings. If the anatomy was fixed, I feel it would look much better. Good work though.
    @Velocity
    Comment: This is a very unique and imaginative idea, comparing the dragon types to the characteristics different animals. I also like how you seem to have adopted a slightly different colouring style to this piece of work. It looks good. The only one thing I think could improve this slightly is adding a little bit more texture to the rocky arch. Although you can tell what it is, it seems to be a little too flat for what you seem to be going for, so by adding a bit more texture by adding some more dark tones and light tones here and there, I feel it would portray a rocky arch a bit more. Another great piece of work. Well Done
    @The Frost Dragon
    Comment: I like this mainly due to the simplicity of it. It clearly shows pokemon in battle, but not in the way we would expect and weapons are being used, and the abstract background makes it seem more intense and as if the battle is fast paced. Gardevoir’s leg looks slightly strange, I think it’s because Gardevoir’s dress thing usually covers it’s legs so it seems strange to see the legs. Overall, A great piece of art.
    @Lunar Latias
    Comment: I really, really like this, but I like Sceptile anyway so that probably adds to why I like it, haha. I think the shading is spot on in this, along with the colours. I also like how you have chosen to use one pokemon in this, but just used the Mega Evolution along with the Original form. I can’t completely see what is going on but that is just because of the positioning of the pokemon and it isn’t really much of an issue. There isn’t really much more to comment on as you have done well with this, well done.
    @XaiakuX
    Success: 6/10
    Comment: It’s a shame you didn’t manage to finish completely. Even though you were slightly late, I will let that go as you notified me in a PM explaining this. I like this, even though I don’t quite get what is going on here, haha. I see that it is Scizor and Deoxys though. It’s not really as bad as you are making it out to be. I don’t think there are stray lines or poor recolouring. It is a good piece of work for something that was a last minute idea and was slightly unfinished. I feel if you managed to finish it, you could have pushed up a few more points. It’s a good piece but with a bit more time it would be much better. Well Done.

Winners
    Spoiler:

Click the name of the winners to see their winning piece.
    This means that:
    In first place, with 33 points, is Lunar Latias!

In second place, with 32 points, is Velocity!

In third place with 31 points is The Frost Dragon!

This means that Team Aqua gain 3 points, Team Awesome gain 2 points and Team Trainer gain one point.

So there are the results for week Five, I hope you enjoyed the theme and thank you for taking part in Pokemon Crossroad's first War!

Last edited by Coru; 08-12-2014 at 12:04 AM.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    I have a quick question before I start;
    I normally draw the basic outline on paper, but then use a program for the 3DS called Colors 3D, which can use a photo as a background to draw over, and trace over the first drawing. Would that be allowed?
    Last edited by Shruikan; 07-08-2014 at 01:41 PM.

That's absolutely fine. Drawing on any program is allowed and so is tracing, as long as no special effects are used. It needs to be 100% drawn in any form so it means you can't use any renders and you must shade it yourself if you intend to. This means that as long as you have done it all yourself, without any shortcuts and special tools, go ahead and it will be allowed to enter. :)

Username: Tenacity
    WAR Team: Team Trainer
    Link to Art: Mega Octillery
    Art Submission:

Flavour text: The Octillerite is implanted into its head. A strange Remoraid appears upon Mega Evolution...

It's inspired by tanks and cannons, just as regular Octillery is:

| | |

How high can Tenacity get on the official Showdown Server's ladders?
    Spoiler:
    Format | Core Pokemon | Highest Rating | Highest Ranking | W/L

OU || 1677 | 497th/500 | 50/27
    Random | ? | 1605 | Unranked | 42/13

12. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
    THAT THING LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME. XD Nice concept, bro-cookie. Is the remoraid on its head?

P.S. I'll be joining in on this for sure! 8D Good week one theme!

~SF.

14. This post has been liked by: