I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Your music collection.

I recently decided to buy all the music I have pirated over the years, and get hard copies of them, due to the sentimental value of a CD over an mp3, and the quality difference. Then I realised, we don't have anywhere here to show that off. So I made one (yay!).

Da Rules
    1. By music collection, I mean physical music, such as vinyl, CD, cassette tapes etc. I get that iTunes and other downloaded music is much easier and convenient, but an iTunes library with 1000 albums is so much less special than a CD rack with 100.
    2. No b*tching about tastes in music. Everyone to their own. On that note, try and stay on topic here. If you want to start discussing music, maybe do that on the profiles to keep it tidy here.
    3. If you have 1000 albums, we don't need to see photos of each individual one. What I am trying to say is to keep pictures to a minimal. Maybe a photo or two of the whole collection, and any strange/unique albums that deserve their own picture.

Now, go nuts (whilst obeying the rules)!

My Collection
    Though it is quickly growing (I have purchased five albums in the last 24 hours...), my collection is somewhat small, and scattered. I have CDs between houses, and am attempting to gather them all in one place. Once I have them together, I will upload a photo :)

Spoiler:

#3- The Script
    Purchased 15/09/2014. Easy to find, as The Script has achieved mainstream success.

All The Right Reasons- Nickelback
    Received as a birthday gift on 26/05/2012. By far, one of my favourite albums of all time. After I have a majority of the albums I am after, I will hunt down the singles from this album, as they are AMAZING.

Circus in the Sky- Bliss N Eso
    Purchased 14/09/2014. Wasn't really into Hip-Hop until I heard House Of Dreams from this album. Gave the whole thing a listen on Spotify, and liked it. When I saw it for $10 as I was taking Comatose to the cashier, I had to buy it.

Collide- Skillet
    Another rare one that I struggled to find. These days, it is very hard to find something on CD that is more than about ten years old, unless it is a big name artist or band. This was the last copy in the shop.

Comatose- Skillet
    Purchased 14/09/2014. One of my other favorite albums. Every time I listen to it, I like it that little bit more!

Comatose Comes Alive- Skillet
    Another rare one that I got the last copy of. This one is a recording of the Comatose Tour, and comes with a DVD with the concert, and a heap of music videos. Was pretty expensive ($30) but well worth it.

Here and Now- Nickelback
    Received as Christmas present from mum, on Christmas 2011. Probably the most excited I had ever been for an album!

Jess Lee EP- Jess Lee
    Purchased sometime in 2009/2010. Funny story. Jess was actually my english teacher back in 2008. Corey (the guitarist) was my guitar teacher in 2012 and taught me half of what I know and teach today. They performed at my youth group sometime in 2009/2010, and had these for sale afterwards, so I made sure to get one.

Now- Fireflight
    Purchased 15/09/2014. Now this was a mission to get. See, Fireflight are a christian band who have not got much of a fanbase in Australia. Therefore JB Hifi (The only shop that still has a decent selection of CDs) doesn't stock them. However, lucky for me, they are a Christian band, as I found a Christian book store today that sold it. My most expensive one yet, but it was the last copy in the shop!

No Sound Without Silence- The Script
    Had been keen to buy this for a while. Ran into @Brettles shortly after buying it. Then went and found a seat in the shopping center, and listened to it with my laptop and headphones. Definately worth every cent!

Rise (Deluxe Edition)- Skillet
    Purchased 15/09/2014. Bought from the same place as Now. Had a heap of the regular ones, but only three deluxe editions left. Actually, make that two... Came with a sick poster, a few extra tracks, and a concert DVD!

The Long Road- Nickelback
    This is another impulsive $10 purchase (I do a lot of those). I have been a Nickelback fan for years (to the dismay of many people) and have heard a bit of this album. Why not?

Unbreakable-Fireflight
    Like 'Now', this was a mission and a half to find. I ended up catching a train, and walking 3km to a shop on my way home from TAFE to acquire it. However, it is the prize of my collection because of that. What an amazing album!
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 09-29-2014 at 05:35 AM.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Oh yes. I'll be here often.
    Spoiler:

Last I checked I had around 90ish CDs. The main trend is (usually classic) rock and metal, but you'll see some out of place ones (Aim And Ignite by fun., Monster In The Closet by Mayday Parade).

I guess notable things in my collection are...
    Strange Euphoria box set by Heart (My favorite band for a while)
    9/12 Dream Theater studio albums (Missing Falling Into Infinity, Metropolis Part II, and A Dramatic Turn Of Events. Also my copy of Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence is signed, so if you want pictures tell me)
    6/9 Ozzy-era Black Sabbath albums (Including 13; Missing Technical Ecstasy, Never Say Die, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath)
    First two Beatles Anthologies (I got both for SIX BUCKS)

Starting getting vinyl recently. I have...
    Chicago 1, 3, and 7
    Close To The Edge by Yes
    Goat's Head Soup by The Rolling Stones
    Something I actually am not familiar with
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bulbasaur; 12-30-2014 at 02:29 PM.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

I may not take pictures since the light in my house is really bad so you can hardly see anything in photos, but I know what I have offhand. I recently started to buy CDs, but only recently, because I wanted to support the artist.

I have:
    King Con - Alex Winston
    Pure Heroine - Lorde
    Some Nights - Fun.
    Tribute - John Newman
    Trouble in Paradise - La Roux

I have 2 Japanese CDs and God knows what they're called, and I also have Oracular Spectacular on the way. maybe.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Let's see...

Band - Album

Spoiler:

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

Dream Theater - Black Clouds and Silver Linings

Dream Theater - When Dream and Day Unite

Dream Theater - Images and Words

Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance

Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes From A Memory

Just thought I'd get those all done at once...

Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... (Signed)

Rush - Clockwork Angels

Rush - Hemispheres

Led Zeppelin - BBC Sessions

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin 1

Metallica - Load

Monster Magnet - Power Trip

Yeah, not that much. Usually Itunes/google play is just so much more convenient. I've got probably about three times as much as that, but those are the ones I have that I care about/can find atm.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    (Copy-pasted from my edited post)
    Last I checked I had around 90ish CDs. The main trend is (usually classic) rock and metal, but you'll see some out of place ones (Aim And Ignite by fun., Monster In The Closet by Mayday Parade).

I guess notable things in my collection are...
    Strange Euphoria box set by Heart (My favorite band for a while)
    9/12 Dream Theater studio albums (Missing Falling Into Infinity, Metropolis Part II, and A Dramatic Turn Of Event. Also my copy of Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence is signed, so if you want pictures tell me)
    6/9 Ozzy-era Black Sabbath albums (Missing Technical Ecstasy, Never Say Die, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath)
    First two Beatles Anthologies (I got both for SIX BUCKS)

Starting getting vinyl recently. I have...
    Chicago 1, 3, and 7
    Close To The Edge by Yes
    Goat's Head Soup by The Rolling Stones
    Something I actually am not familiar with

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Rafiohead from Pablo honey to king of limbs that's it

I used to much prefer CDs over digital music until I learned that sometimes it's more convenient to get digital versions, and costs less. xD Therefore the hard copy CDs I have are all old ones...before my music taste had changed. XD

Delta Goodrem - Mistaken Identity, DELTA, Innocent Eyes (Deluxe Edition)
    Tina Arena - (was obsessed with her for many years... xD) Strong As Steel, Don't Ask, Ut Autre Univers, Songs of Love & Loss, Songs of Love & Loss 2, Just Me, In Deep, Souvenirs, and then I have digital albums.
    Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway
    Evanescence - Evanescence (Deluxe Edition)
    Within Temptation - The Silent Force

Digitally bought albums that I bothered to burn to disc:

Within Temptation - The Heart of Everything
    Halestorm - Halestorm
    Epica - Design Your Universe, The Divine Conspiracy, Requiem for the Indifferent
    Evanescence - The Open Door

Then there are tonnes of mixed CDs full of music I don't listen to anymore. xD I threw them out two minutes ago, however. I really need to get more CDs, but I have nowhere to put them. =/