Make sure you do your chores!

Do you have any chores? If so, do you get payed for doing them?

Me...

I used to. The dishwasher, but I stopped doing it, so my sister took the baton and got payed for it over me. I only got a dollar for it anyway.

You?

we'll never forget our yesterdays
    Every dollar counts! n_n Saving money counts a lot over the long-term, anyway. Even if it seems like a little now, it can be a lot later~

...But that aside.

No, I don't necessarily have "chores". I always wash my dishes, and I always make sure that my room is clean, things of that nature. I'm quite obsessed with cleanliness and keep up with organization, and I would like to know where all of my things are, so yeah.

Neither my brother nor I have chores. We never had. xD I always have a clean room (for the stuff not thrown in my closet). I always clean up after the pets, and feed them etc. ^^

|||||||||

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

~Have my room tidy on Friday so it can be vacuumed.
    ~Put my dirty clothes in the laundry
    ~Clear the table after dinner, rinse the dishes and stack the dishwasher
    ~Feed mums dog (since she can never be bothered with it)

I get $15 a week from doing this. Though I spend $7 of it a week at youth group ($3 entry, $4 dinner)

I do work around the house when I'm home. I don't get paid, just helping my mum and dad, and making their lives a lot easier for themselves.

I don't do chores, just what's required to be done around the house to keep it clean. My mom and I split the work usually, which includes vacuuming and emptying the dishwasher.

I still live with my parents (well, I'm 19, but still), and especially now since I am not currently employed, they expect me to make sure the house is kept up decently. It really isn't much to ask for, so when I'm not busy or being a lazy buttmunch, I get off my bum and get things done. Typical chores are putting away dishes, doing laundry, making sure my outside dog has food, and letting the chickens out of the coop / getting the eggs. They're pretty mundane tasks, and I certainly don't take my parents' generosity for granted. I mean, they basically don't make me pay hardly any bills. So I try to do what I can in return.

Like for Mother's Day I got my mom a Bluetooth keyboard for her iPad. Sure, it was only like 25 bucks, but that's a good amount for someone like me who is on such a budget.

I don't get paid for chores, either, and quite frankly I don't expect to be. If they were to pay me I would try to decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt
    I get $15 a week from doing this. Though I spend $7 of it a week at youth group ($3 entry, $4 dinner)
    I'm sorry, what? You have to pay an entry fee to get into your church's youth group classes?! Sure, three bucks isn't much, but that's just absurd.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quite often. I do a lot of vacuuming and cleaning, dish washing, cooking here and there off the barbecue grill, driving people from place to place, those kinds of things. I also do some yard work during the spring, summer, and autumn months as well. As for getting paid for doing them, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I honestly don't care, I just like helping the family out when I can.

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Hahaha, I have so many chores that pile up to do at home. Well guess that's part of life. Hmmm, It's sunny out, I think I'll have to pay the laundromat a visit today then.
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth