Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Personally I think Gilgamesh is the sexiest of the whole lot but since his ego could swallow their earth I'd rather take FZ Lancer. I don't know if it's his love spot (which if you researched his backstory you'd know was actually placed in the wrong location when they made the anime) or his sense of honor, but I think FZ Lancer is my preference to FSN Lancer. Unless it comes to being sassy, in which case, I reiterate my previous point, FSN Lancer takes the whole party.

Still think FSNUB is better but Kekkai Sensen is great. I'll catch up on it and FSNUB when I finished the Sacred Blacksmith.

For… what exactly?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

For telling everyone here about it. :P

Gilgamesh isn't my type. Plus he's overrated; literally every fan girl is obsessed over him. UBW doesn't wow me, probably 'cause I've watched FZ and it just set the bar high for the series. It's good but not great, IMO. (Considering that I've never experienced the VNs, I'm quite lenient.) Kekkai Sensen is refreshing, "Blink and you'll miss it" type of crazy, and completely unexpected which is what makes it a good contender in my eyes. Sadly I think having 12 episodes undermines it as it is being an anime-exclusive arc.

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Things I'm watching:

Plastic Memories: Totally about a guy who collects anime figures of his waifus. :3
    Arslan Senki: It's not drawn by the FMA mangaka, and not about war and politics and stuff. Ya~
    Gintama: Not at all funny.

Things I'm intending to watch:
    UBW because Shirou is a smart character
    Kekkai Sensen: I don't think this anime takes place in New York.
    Nagato-chan: Because robots are cool.

That's all~
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I'm currently watching F/SN, Kekkai Sensen, and Durarara, and I like them all so much I can't decide which I like more. I'd probably place F/SN just above Kekkai Sensen just because I LOVE action anime where the protagonist is at a clear disadvantage (Shirou, at least until the past couple of episodes) but overcomes that disadvantage due to their sheer amount of badassery. Durarara is probably slightly above F/SN, especially after the episode I just watched where it basically broke me.

Durarara spoilers:
    Spoiler:

The episode where we find out who the Saika "Mother" is, but it turns out Sunohara has the real original Saika. I was so mad I didn't notice the connection between the saika "mother"s name (which I can't remember) and the reporters name. That she was the reporters daughter.

As for what you were saying about F/SN Lancer, F/SN Lancer is like, awesome. I haven't seen F/Z yet though so I can't say whether or not F/Z Lancer is more awesome.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

@Ghostwriter

You have a point. But I don't obsess over Gilgamesh since Iskander is probably my favorite character overall. I just think Gilgamesh is sexy. I feel like UBW is living up to was FZ set the bar for. It's doing great and it's really expanding upon what the original movie could not. Like after the first UBW movie, I still wasn't sure who Archer was. It was more openly hinted at but it took my friend telling me and pointing out all the clues for me to actually figure it out. Here, there's no question who he is.
    @Dragon Master Mike
    I actually don't like Shirou for whatever reason. Though I usually prefer the servants to the masters anyway but most of the people I know who like the Fate series love Shirou and I've just never found him that appealing. Taiga is probably my favorite non-servant character if I'm honest. Though I will admit, Ufotable has done a fantastic job on giving me a new character to hate with each season. Though no one will be able to get to Kirei Kotomine's level on the amount of hatred I have for him, Shinji got VERY close.

Oh and just wait Mike, it gets much worse.
    / / / / / / / /

@Noblejanobii

Idk the action doesn't match up to FZ for me. Granted that could be attributed to how young half of the Masters were. Rin and Ilyasviel are the only competent ones and I was sad that they didn't have more battles. The action reached its low in #9 IMO, and the whole lecture by Archer and Saber's occasional quip was somewhat boring. So far, UBW hasn't achieved a good cogent balance of heroic spirit conflict both physically and ideologically that FZ had. Plus the character dynamics aren't as strong. I don't feel for Shirou the same way I felt for Waver in FZ (and they share several similarities, both being underestimated as a person and a mage, and having larger-than-life Servants). Assassin seems forgotten in the whole Caster saga. Archer's identity wasn't much a riddle for me, but maybe that's why I'm left not as impressed XD;

...now I feel like maybe my gripes are with how the story was written and not the actual anime itself XD I have to praise Ufotable though because the anime is 100x more enjoyable with God-tier animation ^3^. When I can smell the money peeling off the screen, I can sit through any show.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

@Ghostwriter

The lacking of action could be attributed to the soundtrack as well. I don't think they did as well with the soundtrack in UBW than in FZ. I mean they pulled the same trick with the gospel choir, but besides the intro and ending themes, none of the songs from this one really stuck with me. That could just be me though.
    / / / / / / / /

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

@Noblejanobii Shinji is my most hated character from any anime I've ever watched. Like, legit. I had another character I really hated, but can't remember who it was, so at least until I do, Shinji is the worst.

@Ghostwriter Caster's master was competent too right? And I know what you mean about Assassin. F/SN Spoilers Ahead.
    Spoiler:
    He literally just kinda disappeared. I wish they would have given him more of an ending, even if it was just a brief explanation of what happened to him. I assume he disappeared after Caster died?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

@Dragon Master Mike
    Kirei tops my list by several miles.

Also, if I remember correctly…
    Spoiler:
    Assassin was given a set amount of mana by Castor so in the original FSN anime he disappeared before she died. I don't think he appeared after his initial appearance in the UBW but it's been a while since I saw it. However, it depends. As they explained, servants can live without a supply of mana for a certain set of time. That means it's possible that he's still there guarding the temple, but like I said, I'm unsure. Plus I'm not caught up with the anime right now (I'm an episode or two behind) so I'm just making guesses.
    / / / / / / / /

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Speaking of anime, anybody go to Anime conventions?

I'm actually going to one in New Jersey this weekend. Decided on 2 cosplays: Naoto from Persona 4, and Makoto/Nagisa (wig swap) from FREE. :3
    Otherwise will probably just carry my giant dark orb plushie around, and give it to like every homura I see. On the other hand, this is like the Xth or so anime conventions in a row that I didn't cosplay Homura. ;)
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth