Senior Moderator

Challenge: Shambala Under the Stars

(The main song is based on the Rockapella version of "Shambala"--Brock prefers to play it a step higher so he doesn't have to deal with the infamous F chord)

The Kanto Trio

in

"Shambala Under the Stars"

You're my bread....when I'm hungry.... three voices rang through the forest. Curious Hoothoots, Volbeats, and Illumise heard the sound and approached the glowing campfire. They listened as the two boys and a girl concluded the song, accompanied by an acoustic guitar. You're my shelter from, troubled winds...you're my anchor, in life's ocean...but most of all, you're my best friend!

The three humans laughed, touched that the forest Pokemon were listening to their nightly session of story and song. "Okay..." the guitar player addressed his two companions. "Who's next to request a song?"

A red haired girl immediately spoke up. "Oh! Do you know--!"

"You've requested three songs already, Misty!" a black haired boy complained. "Can't I pick the next song?"

"All right Ash, what do you want to sing next?" Misty sighed. Knowing my luck, he'll probably pick something really obscure that even Brock doesn't know!

"If you don't know the name of it, just start singing what you know and I'll join in if I know it." Brock assured Ash as he checked his instrument's tuning.

"All I remember is the chorus went Ah, ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah... Ash explained.

Misty's eyes lit up. "Oh, I know that one! That's 'Shambala'!"

Brock played a few uncertain chords. "There's two ways I can play this...we can do it in C, but that requires the F chord...."

"Plus that would be a bit low for me..." Misty added.

"Or, I can play it in D, which is all open chords." Brock continued. "Mind you, I can play the F chord if I have to, but if there's a way to play a song with open chords and in a key that's easy for everyone to sing in, I'd rather play it that way."

"That sounds fair." Misty replied. "Ash, you start it--'Shambala' in D."

Ash hummed a note to make sure he was in tune before beginning the familiar chorus. Ah, ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Ah, ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...

Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain
    With the rain in Shambala...
    Brock joined in as he played.

Wash away my sorrow, wash away my shame
    With the rain in Shambala....
    Misty joined in.

Everyone sang the chorus once before Ash sang again. Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind on the road to Shambala...

Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind on the road to Shambala... Misty echoed.

How does your light shine, in the halls of Shambala? everyone sang. Tell me, how does your light shine, in the halls of Shambala?

Ah ooh yeah, on the road to Shambala... everyone sang.

I can tell my sister by the flowers in her hair on the road to Shambala... Ash sang, sticking a flower in Misty's hair for emphasis.

Misty smiled back at Ash. I can tell my brother by the diamonds in his eyes on the road to Shambala...

After another chorus of Ah, ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Ah, ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...,
    Brock stopped playing, but led his friends in singing another round of the bridge:

How does your light shine, in the halls of Shambala?
    Tell me, how does your light shine, in the halls of Shambala?

The guitar joined back in as everyone sang Tell me, how does your light shine, in the halls of Shambala?
    Tell me, how does your light shine, in the halls of Shambala?

Ah, ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Ah, ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...
    Ah ooh yeah, on the road to Shambala...
    Ah ooh yeah, on the road to Shambala...

"Pika!" Pikachu led the applause.

Brock smiled. "Since you did so well leading 'Shambala' Ash, I'll let you pick the song again."

Ash thought for a moment. "Let's do 'Beyond the Sea'--and swing it!"

With that, Brock began a swing-like tempo before Ash led the singing. Somewhere, beyond the sea, somewhere, waiting for me....my lover stands on golden sands, and watches the ships that go sailing...
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 05-23-2013 at 03:04 AM.