Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm hoping to try a few of these soon. Problem is I'm bad at coloring on the computer and I didn't really care for how "Catertini" turned out after I finished coloring it. Got any easy suggestions?
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Well I'd say the point of this thread is more to focus on the designs rather than the quality! What's your usual process? Draw, scan, outline, color? Also do you have any programs like GIMP of Paint.Net that support layers and transparency?

And of course you always have the option to just draw the entire thing on paper and scan it. Maybe provide a color key for where each color goes if you don't want to add any to the actual pic. Or hell, you don't have to color it at all if you don't want to. Its totally your call! :D But if you're interested, Paint.NET is free and a lot easier to use than GIMP, for instance.
    @Caite-chan

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

I usually draw on paper, outline it in some fashion and then color it. My version is all by hand (not a mouse) and then scan/take a picture of it. I have used both GIMP and Photoshop in the past and haven't used either in several years. Though I'll give Paint.NET a try. To me a picture isn't finished until I color it...lol.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Ugh, GIMP sucks. I switched back to SAI. I totally don't regret it. SAI feels and acts more...natural. So the first one was in GIMP, and the redo of the Desert Snivy was in SAI.

Gilled Snivy

Desert Snivy

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

5. This post has been liked by:

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Ahhh, I love Desert Snivy! Looks like such a little troublemaker. And I've actually been using these to play with styles in Photoshop, since I only use the program really rarely. XD

This little monster (Seviper/Poochyena) called Jackal Poochyena, because of its sleek shape... and its reputation as a tricky, troublesome opponent. Its poisonous underbite makes it a popular choice of many breeders, although some people believe that it shouldn't be used by inexperienced trainers.

I really like flavor text

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

7. This post has been liked by:

Ah, I love it! And I love flavor text, too, I just tend to feel the need to go through several steps before I can get a finalized version of flavor text I want. x]

Palm Snivy! Now for Servine combos~ <3

Keep 'em coming, Velo! <3

Desert Servine :3c
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 05-06-2015 at 06:48 PM.

------------

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Aaaand here's Brighteyes Poochyena, the result of breeding the Shinx line and the Poochyena line. Brighteyes Poochyena is an extremely popular mix, due to its adorable features and its extremely keen eyesight. Its hunting instincts are sometimes hard to manage, but Brighteyes are very loving and loyal to Trainers that earn their respect.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

10. This post has been liked by:

This is an awesome idea. C: I'll totally be submitting to this soon! Such creative designs! :D

Rage Spheal: this breed isn't particularly popular, as it tends to be rather aggressive, but their relentless attitude combined with the speed of their rolling make them appeal to certain trainers.

Stare Bunnelby - Bunnelby are popular docile pets who can help out with backyard gardening, but stare bunnelby have a special knack for gardening while making your guests uncomfortable.

I dunno if they're too fusion-y. =/ If they are, please let me know. XD @Speed-X
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 05-15-2015 at 03:00 PM.

12. This post has been liked by: