Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So the same guy who requested the Nimbreon and the Umbreleaf wanted a recolor of the Nimbeon sprite with bluish purple coloring rather than yellow.

Hope you don't mind Speed but I used your outlined version as the base since it looks better honestly.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

2. This post has been liked by:

Of course I don't mind! c;
    Personally I'm a much bigger fan of the violet one than the yellow one. Both look nice, color-scheme-wise, but the violet makes it look more sleek. But that's more of a design thing and it's someone else's design so yeah!

The contrast with the black is looking a lot better. Even a small change can help a ton. But we still are having some contrast issues with the violet; I'll show you how you can fix that up.

As you can see, I really only made the shades slightly darker so that they don't look like one large cluster of a solid color. That's what usually happens when you don't have enough contrast: at first glance, everything consisting of that hue looks like it's all squished together. You want to make sure people know what they're looking at from the first glance!

Another thing I found kind of odd was how the outline of the farthest ear was outlined in a lighter color instead of a darker one. Another minor thing was that the tail still isn't shaded. Sorry if I forgot to mention that before; I have this habit of only mentioning one or two things at one time as to not overwhelm people with a crapton of different things all at once. It's a habit I probably ought to try breaking, really.

Anyway here's another gif for ya; I'm better at explaining via pictures than via words in regards to this stuff.

With the tail, I fixed the strange jagged lines and gave it more of a swooping curve like how it is in the artwork. Here's a really helpful tidbit about curves in pixel art from arguably one of the best pixel art introduction tutorials online, which you can find here!
    Jaggies:
    Jaggies occur when a pixel or group of pixels are out of place, interrupting the flow of a line. Jaggies can also occur when a line lacks anti-aliasing. Jaggies get their name from the jagged lines that they create. More broadly, jaggies are the result of any bad pixel technique, but they are most often discussed in reference to line work, so that is the context in which they will be discussed here.
    How to fix jaggies:
    Changing the length of the lines
    That's the most basic way to fix jaggies. Remember when you form a curve with pixels, it needs to be a gradual thing just like if you were drawing it.

Another basic diagram of how curves generally work!
    Generally with curves, you want to follow a 3,2,1,2,3 or a 5,3,2,1,2,3,5; like so:

The reason the two patterns are different is because generally you'll want to end a curve with a 3, 2, 1, 2, 3 kind of curve to look smoother / rounder. Here's what the second curve would have looked like with a 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    I also added the most basic kind of shading to the tail, since a little bit is better than none!

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

4. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Got another request to recolor a Flareon with blue eyes, purple fluff, and black fur. I also colored the inside of the ears purple too because otherwise you couldn't see them.

/ / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Got some more requests so more flareons!

/ / / / / / / /

7. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

MORE FLAREONS JOIN THE CREW!

Also @Shieldbearer requested a Bastiodon that is sun and moon themed. I think this turned out pretty well done.

Last edited by Noblejanobii; 08-27-2016 at 08:16 PM.
    / / / / / / / /

9. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Wow, lots of Flareon love. These are great though!

I like this one a lot:

I don't know what it is, but something about it just clicks and feels appealing. :3

11. This post has been liked by:

I love all your flareon sprites! :D YAY FLAREON! I do have a bit of advice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Got some more requests so more flareons!

See how it looks like that white and purple flareon is an old man and has grey facial hairs? That's because you have grey (which is meant to be a dark outline colour) clashing with a much, much darker purple, which shouldn't be darker than your outline colour. Whenever you do light colours/shades, you NEED to make sure that the outlines bordering a different, darker colour are dark. You absolutely have to do this, otherwise it doesn't look good. See how the outline of the purple mane is also grey, on the right? It needs to be a dark purple outline, not a grey outline. It makes it look messy and it doesn't contrast well.

I hope you understand what I meant and that it was helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post

MORE FLAREONS JOIN THE CREW!

Also @Shieldbearer requested a Bastiodon that is sun and moon themed. I think this turned out pretty well done.

The problem with that bastiodon is that for some reason, the contrast line is completely off. xD If you want it right down the middle, you have to curve it with the angle of the head. Right now, if the bastiodon was to put its head upright and straight, it would be a diagonal line across its face. Other than that, I like it. But yeah, fix that line!

13. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I plan to alter the Bastiodon sprite since it wasn't exactly what Shieldbearer wanted so I'll redo it once I get an idea for it.

In the mean time, here's the Super Rodent!

The most terrifying creature known to trainers, it is a Watchog with Raticate fangs, Furret ears, Linoone claws, and a Bibarel tail. It is a normal/water type and the ultimate HM slave.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 08-31-2016 at 05:37 AM.
    / / / / / / / /

Nicely done. xD I find it quite amusing. Changing its colour palette a little would be effective, since a few rodents are brown or cream (bidoof, linoone, furret, etc). I'll take a look at the bastiodon when it's redone. C:

16. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So instead of doing that Bastiodon I was supposed to do, I redid Shaylava's sprite with my new computer's photoshop and made a gif using the two frame system from Dppt.

And then I got this funny idea and made a faster gif.

/ / / / / / / /