Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    The boy drew his sword again just as he had finished putting it down. It was obvious he felt the pressure from the fight, his face was covered with a light sheen of sweat, and his birdlike chest heaved with effort. He hopped back, brandishing the blade, when like before the tendril of light sprouted from the thief's shoulder, gripping the handle. It instead of slicing the bullets, it made a circular motion, projecting a disc of light that stopped most of the pellets.
    Last edited by Jacket; 02-04-2016 at 04:00 PM.
    VISUAL SHOCK! SPEED SHOCK! SOUND SHOCK! NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

"Seriously! What sorcery are you using, cur!?" Leifang demanded. "And don't lie this time or I'm going to hit you. Hard."

"You heard my pupil, traveller. You aren't fluent in the Way, despite having basic and, quite impressive technique for a vagabond. Only cultivators posses such talents to manipulate the ethereal energies. Before we continue, erase the delusion of this mystery. Where do you learn this Art from?" Despite his impressed state, the Hermit was not about to let this guy get his goat. Definitely not before the match was won.

"I'm..." He lowered his sword arm. "I'm the son of a prestigious person back in my homeland. That's how this comes through me." He explained, as the projected disc of light disappeared, dropping the stones to the ground. "I can't control it. That's why I need a better teacher!" He explained, his gaze becoming more intense as he explained. It seemed he wasn't lying, his chest heaving from restraining his emotions.

"And what would you have me teach you, exactly? The Way is not an easy path on which to journey, and know not if you are even compatible with the Way." That was true. The Metal Hermit's best martial years were behind him, and becoming a cultivator was a serious effort that took discipline and devotion to study to gain rank in. In all his years, he has only touched the mid-level stages of the Way. Though his ability was impressive, the hermit knew he had much more to work on, but would fall short of this in his old age.

"Wait. Tell me about your homeland and its people."

The boy straightened up, the very tip of the blade he held lightly raking the dirt.
    "I've not been home in a while." He admitted. "The way of the desert is very different than it is here. But I see where our homes are similar, too. Light and dark, heat and cold, are one and the same, and yet different, together. That The Way that I understand here. It's the same back in the sand." He spoke very different, every evently, eloquently. If he was the son of someone presigious, his diction seemed to indicate so. He had completely dropped the casual, indirect tone from earlier.

"I can't do anything on my own any more. That's why I'm here."