Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Nicholas Flamel and Alma Breya
    Alchemy Mage and Spirit Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

"Hey, I'm putting this option out there because a good number of us are technically former humans. Not all humans go power mad, so killing all of them with that power, even if they're trying to help us and doing all they can to make that happen, would still be just as bad as them trying to kill us because we have the power we have." Nick said. "My vote is for cooperation and not killing."

Alma nodded. "I have to agree with Nick on this one. Put my vote with his."

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

So, we had a few more votes both in favor of getting rid of the humans and a few more for working with them. Great. Just what we needed. A hung jury. Boy, Blocker would kill himself laughing at this one if he were here right now.

I couldn't understand why Nick and Alma would vote for cooperating with the humans when I distinctly remembered it was the humans that attacked us first and were the ones that wanted us exterminated even though we did absolutely nothing to aggravate them in the first place. Also, the humans stole Arian's work and made those unnatural freaks with his stuff. And Nick and Alma wanted to cooperate with these people? Even while Blocker, the one who humiliated Araxie in the middle of Times Square and betrayed us, was leading them!? My goodness, where the hell did their sanity run off to? Why would you want to try and be friends with someone who wants your head on a stick!?

I just had to bury my face in my palm as I realized we just weren't going to come to an unanimous agreement here. Well, whatever, I wasn't going to budge one bit when it came to this decision. Yeah, sure, they could go ahead and try to befriend them, but I sure wasn't going to come running to give them a resurrection because both of them got their head handed back to them on a silver platter.

The Pyramids of Egypt

Alma could feel Tyler's frustration. She looked at him. "You know, I wish I knew why you of all people, as the Life Mage, would not want to preserve as much life as possible. I mean, we're not talking about laying down and taking beatings, we're talking about not going overboard on killing humans in general, and sparing anyone who truly wishes to help us. And we're not actually going to contact them directly, so we won't be running as much of a risk here as what your frustration is telling me you were thinking."

Rowan Summers
    Music Mage
    Egyptian pyramids

"I... I vote that we capture these superhumans and find a way to remove their powers without killing them. No cooperation. No Tributes. And the blocker... We need to kill him and keep a close eye on whoever becomes the new blocker afterward." Rowan said.

Marx Hunfry
    Fire Mage
    UN headquaters

"Epic. Any idea where that CEO who was representing the guy went?" Marx replied, looking around the room for the CEO.

VPP

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Osias Dryton
    Storm Mage

Egyptian Pyramids

"That is the smartest thing I have heard anyone here say since my arrival." Osias said in response to what Tyler had said about acting fast. He still didn't take the threat seriously, but he wanted to see these super humans for himself. "Do we know exactly where these so called super humans are?" Osias questioned.

Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

"Hey, don't give me that," I told Alma, really feeling she needed to think this over a bit more. "Trust me, I wish I knew why the humans declared war on us and want us dead in the first place. I don't recall any moment when I personally ruined their lives, but if I were to reveal myself out in the open, I know some of them would try to hunt me down!"

Life mage or not, that was just wrong on so many levels. Sure, life was precious and wasn't meant to be snuffed out without a second thought, but some of these humans were trying to outright murder us in cold blood. This wasn't about us going overboard on killing humans, it was about us trying to defend ourselves and undo the damage the humans caused by their thievery and exploitation. And really, what was the purpose of them stealing our powers? It sure didn't look like they were using them for good!

"I'm not out to make killing them a sport either," I told her frankly and sincerely, "but you've got to admit that what they did is just wicked and it's common sense we should try defend ourselves and each other while undoing the debauchery they've committed. Until they back off, surrender, destroy and undo the evil they've done, promise to never attempt something like that again, and acknowledge our right to live, I will show them it was a big mistake for them to pick a fight with us and will keep fighting until they do finally surrender and relinquish their stolen powers. Once they do that, I'll leave them alone if they vow to leave us alone. But until that happens, we're far better off standing and proving our ground. That, and I'm being a realist here. I doubt they're going to listen to us, so I foresee us having to undo their evil by force. But if you really want to try talking to them to persuade them to see things from our point of view... good luck."

As much as I admired Rowan, I doubted removing the powers was possible. First, we needed to find the means to do it and fully comprehend the process that the humans used to initiate it in the first place. And even if it was possible, we needed to get the superhumans to agree to it. Way easier said than done. But frankly, I didn't trust any human that felt it was perfectly okay to inherit stolen powers to use for whatever they wanted. That already illustrated wicked intention. And frankly, with Blocker around, we couldn't risk our necks to attempt to do such a thing. He made the situation dangerous and I didn't want to see any mage get killed because we tried to be the nice guys about this when we were targeted first.
    Last edited by Neo Emolga; 02-12-2016 at 03:27 AM.

The Pyramids of Egypt

Alma sighed. "Who said that ALL of the superhumans thought it ok? If anything, this one proves that at least some of them were forced into it or weren't given all the details. Besides, if we can get even a few of them to back down or help us, it will make it a lot easier on us. And, even then, the Blocker convinced them we were monsters and they think they're protecting themselves. Or, at least, the stupider ones that lead the countries or over react to everything. Like Nick said, no, we shouldn't just lie down and take it, but we shouldn't become the monsters they think we are, now should we? Make them leave us be? Yes. Make them give up their powers? If possible. But show them that we are only acting out of self defense and only kill if necessary, and show them that the blocker shouldn't be trusted, not make them more certain that we're the evil he made them think we are."

Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

"Fine, fine, only kill if necessary," I sighed to Alma, realizing we were just spinning in circles here. "You know, I would think any human would seriously question where these superpowers came from before getting them, but I suppose you could be right in saying maybe they were forced into it, which definitely puts a whole new spin on the situation."

It could, after all, have been a sick science experimentation that the unknowing recipient wasn't expecting and they were just used like a human lab rat. I hadn't considered that before, but if that's what was going on here, going the extra mile to find a way to reverse the effect would be the better and more ethical decision simply because what happened to them wasn't their fault or their wish. It was not at all going to be easy, but... it would be the right thing to do.

"Ok, I'll compromise here," I told Alma, getting into the thick of all this. "If we find a way for them to give up or reverse their powers, then we need to all agree that we do that and make sure the technology and whatever sick process they used to make this possible is totally annihilated so much so that they can never recreate it. But if we can't reverse the process and those powers are too embedded into that superhuman for removal, I don't know what to tell you. I just see a whole lot of ways that would backfire in our faces sooner or later and it shouldn't be our job to babysit the guy at all times to make sure he uses the powers for good."

"Now, as far as self defense goes..." I told her, laying out my feelings about this whole thing, "any human that comes after us armed with a weapon or machine intending to use it to kill us has to be taken out. If they're clearly unarmed, obviously we leave them alone. I'll even compromise and say unarmed humans that support the mage elimination still aren't a threat until they're armed and dangerous, because sure, if we do the right thing, maybe they'll figure out for themselves that we're not the bad guys here, and I sure don't fear a few protest signs and naughty words as long as that's the only thing they're flinging around."

There, she really couldn't complain about that now.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Writer, Arian Black, Jude Audrey
    Writing Mage, Enchanter, Fate Mage
    Egyptian Pyramids

Jude listened in irritated silence as the two children argued back and forth about the fate of the humans. Seriously, why was he the youngest one here yet the most mature. Could this group not go five seconds without an argument? Oh how pleased the Blocker would be at such a scenario. Jude could almost hear his laugh now. Jude took a deep breath and then cleared his throat audibly.

"If you two are done with your little hissy fits, I'd like to get on with the voting process." Jude scratched down the votes offered to him then looked at Araxie and Osias. "Your votes please?"

"I say cooperation but not kill," Araxie said quietly.

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations

"I believe he filed outside with the other diplomats," Elisabeth offered. "Do you suggest we go seek him out?"
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

"Oh, trust me, we're done," I told Jude, really kind of embarrassed that fiasco went on for as long as it did.

Rather than try to chat about it any further, I just decided to think over how exactly I was going to go about getting access to wherever the superhuman blacksite was. If it made three of these mutants already, it was perfectly capable of making more, and I sure didn't want to try to face an army of these things. Just because one was immortal didn't mean they didn't have any work to get done.

As for the Blocker, I was sure we could all agree that when we were through with him, there wouldn't be enough left of him to make gravy.