The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

[RP] A Single Element

A Single Element

Plot:
    Spoiler:
    Mages
    They've existed amongst you since the universe began. They are the reason that you were born and the reason you will die. While they are few in numbers, they are far more powerful than any force mortals can muster. They are practically immortal, only able to die when the spell that keeps them alive is cancelled out. As such, not many of the original Mages still exist, but not many new Mages have followed them either. The war and destruction from over billions of years often being the result of the end of a Mage. And yet, they have remained undiscovered all this time.
    So what changed?
    They made a mistake.

Egyptian pyramids are known for their secret passageways. The Mages knew this as well. They helped build them after all. While many of them no longer use them, one of the few remaining originals, Enchanter, still utilizes his labs in the pyramids. It was on one day, while he was away from his labs, that an expedition funded by the American health company, Star Masses Health co., entered one of the labs by accident. They took everything. When Enchanter returned, he was frantic. The members of the expedition had taken all the samples from his lab: blood, tissue, and even equipment. While many might find this as nothing more than a minor robbery, it is important to remember that these samples were possessed by a Mage.
    These were no ordinary samples.
    The tests showed that.

Star Masses Health co. found something revolutionizing. The DNA contained in the samples was evolved light years ahead anything humans had ever dreamed of becoming. Upon infusion into lab subjects, the subjects evolved as well, both animal and human. Humans now had abilities, abilities that could control the elements, warp time, and even control the cycle of life and death. Mankind was changing. The Mages became fearful, as some found their own powers weakening. It seemed like things could only get worse. And then they did.
    And then they did.
    A traitor rose in their midst.

The Blocker, the weakest and strongest Mage, is mortal. The power of this Mage, unlike all others, is not flashy. A Blocker can go an entire life without knowing about the abilities within him or her. The Blocker cancels all magic that the Mages posses. The Blocker makes Mages mortal. The Blocker is the only being that can make the death of a Mage possible. Beyond their own magic, Blockers never see the true abilities of the Mages.
    Or so it was thought.
    But now that has changed.

The current Blocker witnessed the superhumans in person. Te Blocker knew what these abilities were. But, the Blocker did not care. Magic meant power. The Blocker had an idea. He went to Star Masses Health co., told them about the Mages, and created a plan.
    He would reveal their existence.
    He struck for Times Square.

During a live television interview for CNN, the Blocker spotted another Mage, Writer. He cancelled her magic. Her true appearance was revealed, her large black wings on display for all who were watching. She panicked and fled the scene. But, footage was caught of her flying away from the scene.
    The Mages were now exposed.
    The humans called for their extermination.
    The Blocker is leading the humans.
    Now, the Mages are forced to fight.

Which only leaves one question for you.
    What is your side?

Rules:
    Spoiler:
    -Pokemon Crossroads Rules
    -Below is a list of the basic mages, but I'm more than willing to accept ideas for other ones, so feel free to ask
    -Not too strict on roleplaying etiquette, but since this does has the potential to have a lot of characters, I think having a header with the character's name, their location, what Mage they are, and affected role players might be necessary.
    -No god-modding, mini-modding, etc.
    -No bunnying unless absolutely necessary
    -No OP characters, but it is reasonable to assume that the older the character is, the more powerful they will be compared to newer characters
    -PG-15, try to keep it in that area. Profanity is allowed but not encouraged. Gore can occur but nothing like innards spilling everywhere. Romance is allowed, but keep the explicit stuff out of the forum.
    -Be nice to all role players!
    -If you're going to do OOC chat, put it in double parenthesis above your header. I don't discourage it because some of the most fun I've had in roleplays was a direct result of OOC chat.
    -Character limit? If you think there is one then you've obviously never heard my famous roleplaying stories that originate from my old years on PF1. But try to treat the characters with equal attention.
    -I'd prefer it if everyone was active, but life can get in the way. I get that. So if you're going to disappear or something, try to let us know.
    -Got a suggestion? Send it my way! I don't bite… hard.
    - @AWA1997 is co-owner and has the same powers this thread as I do. If you don't feel comfortable asking me something then please go to him about it.

Form:
    Spoiler:
    Name:
    Element:
    Appearance:
    What abilities does your character have:
    Personality:
    Siding with Mages or Humans:
    Crush:

List of Elements:
    Spoiler:
    Life: reserved-Neo Emolga
    Death:
    Earth:
    Air:
    Fire: taken-Morzone
    Water:
    Blood:
    Ice:
    Art:
    Writing: taken-NobleJanobii
    Music: taken- Morzone
    Disease:
    Affection:
    Malice:
    Venom:
    Shadows:
    Storms:
    Fate: taken-NobleJanobii
    Space:
    Enchanter: taken-NobleJanobii
    Spirit: taken-AWA1997
    Alchemy: taken-AWA1997
    Blocker: taken-AWA1997

Superhuman List:
    Spoiler:
    Blood: taken- NobleJanobii
    Earth: taken- Awa1997
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations

“Due to the imminent threat that we have all witnessed, I believe it is safe to say that these so called ’Mages’ need to be dealt with immediately. I am a representative of the organization that will aid you in your fight against these wretched beings, the CEO of Star Masses Health Co. Any questions?”

“The chair recognizes the representative of the People’s Republic of China.”

A stout Asian man rose from his seat. He straightened his black suit jacket and yellow tie as he stared through his thin eyes at the businessman that stood in front of the United Nations on this day. He could see no reasons to trust this man. The delegate had watched the video of the Mages being exposed for himself and it had seemed to him that the true threat was the one called the “Blocker.” It had appeared to this delegate that the woman caught on video fleeing had posed no true threat to the world as a whole. Yet, as usual, the American public had gone in an uproar about the attack. Ever since the incident titled 9/11 it had always been the same with those dramatic individuals. No matter, there were other countries that could see reason to stop this madness.

“Please excuse me, sir,” the delegate said, “but I fail to see what the threat is. The only footage that has been shown to us of this so called threat has been the individual you call the ’Blocker’ attacking one of these Mages. If anything, it appears he is a bigger threat than any of these Mages. Thus, I must say without sufficient evidence, the People’s Republic of China cannot agree to endorse such an idea.” This seemed to rattle a few of the other delegates. China was a veto power, after all. If they could not get China to agree or at least abstain, then any efforts to neutralize this threat would be stopped dead in its tracks. However, what seemed to catch the representative off guard, was the smile that graced the CEO’s lips at the question. He chuckled and smiled broadly.

“I’m so glad you asked, dear representative. You see, during an expedition sponsored by our company, we discovered tissues and blood samples from these beings, as well as weapons that seem to be infused with their powers. These weapons each had some special ability that could easily kill a large group of people, and given the sheer amount of them, it is easy to see they were preparing for war. On top of this, why would they have stayed in hiding for so long if not to spot our weaknesses and then wipe us out? The facts are all there and you cannot deny them. On top of that, I have already prepared a weapon that will aid us in our fight against these Mages.” The CEO looked back to the stand and whistled. A head rose up from behind the stand. The woman stood up and flicked her long black hair over her shoulder.

“Yes sir?” she replied, her blue eyes striking the entire room into silence. The CEO signaled to her. The woman walked to the stairs and took her time in descending to the CEO’s side. Her blood red dress swished back and forth, even after she had finished walking. She sighed and gave the CEO a bored look. He chuckled once again and gestured to the Chinese representative.

“My dear, would you do us the honor of showing just how lethal a mage’s power can be to a human?” The woman’s large lips tucked into a smug smile. She licked her lips then reached down to her ankle.

“My pleasure,” she replied as she drew a small dagger from where it had been strapped to her ankle. She drew the sharp blade across her wrist and watched with fascination as a red liquid bubbled from the cut. The woman watched it in silence for a little bit then waved her other hand above the bleeding cut. Suddenly, the blood froze in place. The woman rose her hand and the blood followed, weaving through the air eagerly after her fingers. There was a tense air in the security council as she performed this trick. The woman watched her blood with a child-like amusement, until something in her eyes changed, the spark of a sadist. The blood froze and began to tremble. It broke from the woman’s arm and grew, changing shape into a blood sword. The woman’s wound sealed back over, the sword grasped tightly in her right hand. She spun and swung the sword towards a desk, the weapon breaking open the wood as if it were nothing. The woman smiled and looked at the CEO. Her smile faltered at his gaze; it was not enough.

The woman dropped the blade of blood, the sword deforming and splattering all over the floor. She extended her hand out in front of her, the palm of her hand facing the Chinese delegate. Her eyes turned a brilliant shade of crimson as the man in front of her suddenly froze, then, as she twisted her hand, he moved like a puppet on strings. He raised his hands in the air, waved, then dropped them. The other representatives watched in amazement as he began to perform a dance for the group, Gangnam Style to be exact. There were even a few snickers from the less professional delegates. The CEO noticed this show was definitely getting attention and waved his hand to the woman. Her eyes returned to their normal blue and she lowered her hand. The Chinese delegate collapsed against his table and grit his teeth, shaking from exhaustion. Yet, the CEO could tell not everyone was on board yet. He waved his hand in the air and signaled for the next member to begin his show.

Arian Black
    The Enchanter
    The Pyramids of Egypt

After doing a head count and noticing a few mages were missing Arian scoffed. “Why are there people missing when we have a serious matter to discuss?” While holding his nose to calm himself, he started to address who was there, “I am sure everyone knows why we are here,” he started saying pausing to glare at Araxie for a second before continuing. “They have the blocker as well as Mage tissue and blood samples. From what I have observed, they are implanting these samples into humans.”

Araxie looked appalled at the suggestion. She had heard of mortals doing something of this scale if it was to save their own, but solely because they were able to do it? That was downright disgusting! “Yes, it seems this process also gifts the subjects some of the abilities of the Mage the sample belonged to,” Arian said upon seeing Araxie’s disgust. He scanned over the small group again, then added, “I believe they mean to either capture us and experiment on us, or worse, exterminate us.” Arian slid his gaze to the nearby Fate Mage, but the African American man gave no indication of his thoughts on the statement. Typical. Arian lifted his hand into the air and spoke, “I see it best that we deal with this threat swiftly, show the world we mean them no harm and we are not their enemies. And I suggest we do so by offering them a gift, a subject, if you will, for them to see that we show no tolerance for disobedience either. On top of this, our revealing is of the highest offenses, and such an ordeal requires a punishment.”

Araxie stiffened in her chair, knowing exactly what was coming next. Arian wanted her to be the gift to the humans, to show the humans that the mages had no tolerance for mistakes. Arian smiled a little, realizing Araxie knew what he was to say next.

“I believe we send Araxie as a peace offering.”
    / / / / / / / /

Rowan Summers
    Music Mage
    The Egyptian Temples

"Are you Mad?" Rowan shouted, jumping up from his seat. He pointed his flute threateningly at the foot-taller mage. "You have no right to offer anyone up for anything. The only person who can make a choice like that is Araxie, even if the rest of us agreed to this ludicrous idea. And why should she be punished? It't not like it was her fault that stupid blocker revealed us! It could just have easily have been you. And if we are talking about punishments, you've caused more trouble by allowing those researchers to find your laboratories than anything else! Discovery wouldn't be a problem if humanity wasn't using Your devices to create superhumans."

Rowan took a breath to calm himself. He gave a supportive glace to Araxie before adding, "Giving one of us to them wouldn't work anyway. What if they do just want to kill us? They'd just kill the tribute as an easy target and we'd have one less person on our side. No, I've watched humanity for the last 2 millennia and appeasement has never worked to stop major conflicts."

(I wanted to use the real USA UN rep., but her biggest policy is anti-genocide. So that didn't work out. It'd probably be insulting to use real ones anyway.)
    Marx Hunfry
    Fire Mage
    United Nations

Marx's fingers tapped quickly along the tabletop. Beneath the table his feet moved back and forth in an energetic motion. Having become a mage only recently, he didn't feel like he had any obligation to help them. Marx hadn't really liked the mage that'd introduced him anyway. Next to him, his fellow representative from America stood up.

"John Brooks, Representing The United States of America." The tall, balding man introduced himself. "Thank you for that uh, enlightening display. I agree that these mages have been hiding from and possibly testing on us for too long. Representatives from my country have investigated explored the laboratory equipment, and too have used them to create what the developers labeled a 'SuperHuman.'" The man gestured to Marx, who stood up and gave an exaggerated bow and a wide smile to the group. In his mind Marx thought about what had happened to the actual superhuman, who he'd taken by surprise and killed, then taken his place.

"Thank you, Mr. Hunfry." The Representative said, and Marx sat back down, still with his smile. "I believe that these new 'SuperHumans' are the best defense against these mages. It is my suggestion that we use them to track down the mages mages and bring them into custody."

VPP

Bernie Sumner
    Space Mage
    A desserted island in Alaska

Bernie grinned as the superhuman demonstrated her powers. This might be more interesting than he thought. As he watched the meeting unfold from a portal to his left and the mages meeting on the right. Knowing the superhuman might cause problems he decided to notify the mages. 'What fun would being the devil's advocate if he didn't mess with both sides,' he thought as he transported a note through the portal on the right into Arian's hand.
    Last edited by Awasfriend; 02-06-2016 at 01:14 AM.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Tyler White
    Life Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

Well, this was a fine, adorable mess. Now I've seen generations of humans make the same bumbling mistakes over and over again, but this definitely a whole new special kind of stupidity. Arian was griping about a few missing mages and the whole situation at hand with Araxie and stuff, but whatever. Those other mages were probably off sleeping or doing something lame, so it wasn't really a loss if they didn't show up.

"Rowan's right, don't even waste your time trying to appease humans," I shrugged with a casual smile. "Give them a meter and they'll want a kilometer and will never let you have it back. As for Araxie, nah, don't send a lamb off to the slaughter. We're civil and believe in second chances, right? Besides, blame the Blocker for that whole mess. Those kinds of shenanigans could have happened to any of us."

It would certainly save me the trouble of having to pick her up and dust her off before bringing her back to life again.

"Anyway, I say clean out any humans that have been implanted with the powers," I smiled, worry-free. "Easy. We've been using our powers our whole lives and they're only just getting used to them. And we don't need them waltzing around with any of that as a new toy to help them kill each other and go after us. As for the Blocker, now, this may sound rather laughably primitive, but you could axe him with something more conventional. You know, anything these humans have invented in their goal to keep up with killing each other."

Would be ironic, but poetic in a way.

Nicholas Flamel and Alma Breya
    Alchemy Mage and Spirit Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

Nicholas leaned back in his seat. "How about we just make a video message to send them that will tell them that we mean no harm and hope they listen? We won't risk killing someone who did nothing wrong, and we may stop this war before it starts." he said. "If we can prove that we've actually helped them to advance, they may realize that, while some of us have powers that can be dangerous, we do not use them for the purpose I'm sure they think we do. And, if it doesn't work, us not retaliating unless absolutely necessary may send the right message again."

Alma nodded. "I agree with Nick. And getting mad at each other..." she glared at Arian for a second "...isn't going to solve anything either. The only person we should do anything about if we have the choice is that Blocker. He gave us all a bad name, but they forgive him for joining them against us."

Alex James
    Blocker
    New York

Alex smirked as he sat in his chair at home, watching the news reports that were still in a frenzy over the revealing of the Mages. It was total chaos, and he loved it. And, if all went well, the Mages would all be eliminated and their powers captured in order to be passed on to those truly worthy of them. There were many who tried to rule the world, but they all failed, usually due to the Mages' intervention. However, the major threats would soon be removed from the equations.

Dagan Dimitris
    Earth Superhuman
    United Nations

Dagan stood up with Marx as the second superhuman brought in from America. He however seemed a bit more hesitant than Marx, only giving a small bow and not smiling at all. He didn't like this, and he wasn't going to pretend to. In fact, the power he discovered before the one they expecting had shown him that they were trying to make the Mages out to be the bad guys.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Araxie Scripture, Jude Audrey, and Arian Black
    Writer Mage, Fate Mage, and The Enchanter
    The Pyramids of Egypt

Araxie let out a small sigh of relief and scooted her seat closer to Rowan. At least all the other mages supported her, even if this whole ordeal was her fault. At least they saw she wasn't completely to blame for this chaos. Still, Arian would probably never forgive her. Araxie had learned through her select encounters with Arian that the Enchanter held grudges quite easily and tended to blame others rather than himself. Still, it was not good for her to be on Arian's bad side.

"I don't believe the humans will listen to reason." Arian and Araxie looked over at Jude as the Fate Mage as he stood up. He brushed himself off then continued when he felt he had the attention of everyone in attendance. "I may not have been a mage for long, so please forgive me if my judgment is ill felt, but from what I have observed through the different periods of time that I have witnessed, humans do not… welcome peace so easily. They are a brutish species that prefers to shoot before they speak, rather than ask questions to avoid the fight in general. I believe we need to act quickly to subdue the humans before this becomes a full genocide." With that Jude promptly sat down.

Arian was boiling at the seams. How could all these imbeciles not see reason? These humans wanted blood! They needed a sacrifice! Arian slammed his hands onto the table, causing Araxie to jump a little, and growled at Rowan.

"How dare you attack me for such a mistake! I took precautions to prevent their entry. Their entry was wholly unexpected and improbable. I could not have prevented such an invasion of my privacy unless Jude had warned me so. Our resident Writer, on the other hand, was putting herself on display for the world by walking around in one of the largest cities ever built instead of hiding out like an intelligent being after the attack on my laboratories. Such a mistake does not render a second chance! The humans want blood? We'll give it to them then!"

Araxie sucked in a shallow breath and fell from her seat, scrambling behind Rowan and tears rising in her eyes.

"I didn't mean to!" she said as she trembled behind Rowan. "It was an accident, I'm sorry! Please don't kill me!"

Jude rolled his eyes. Jesus, these guys weren't much better than the humans in some ways. What was this? The Middle Ages?

Elisabeth Scarlet
    Blood Superhuman
    United Nations

The CEO smiled as he gained support from the American delegate. It seemed that changed quite a few minds by itself. Several more delegates voiced their support as well before the Chair began to bang his gavel.

"Undercurrent will cease!" The talking in the chamber stopped and all eyes were on the Chair. "We will take a roll call vote. Assistant Chair, if you will." The Assistant Chair called out each chair by name and recorded their vote. It did not take long. The vote was unanimous. The Assistant Chair handed the results to the Chair. The Chair cleared his throat and read the results aloud.

"It is unanimous. The United Nations has decided to declare war on the species known as the Mages through the use of these creatures known as the superhumans. Production of them is to be continued and done so as quickly as possible. Security Council adjourned." The Chair banged his gavel again and the delegates let out cheers, applause ringing out throughout the chamber. Elisabeth smiled as she looked around the chamber of the United Nations. And so it has begun.
    / / / / / / / /

Bernie Sumner
    The Space Mage
    Alaska

Seeing that Adrian didn't read his note he sent another note to Rowan, "They have decided war, beware they already have three super humans and are wanting to make as many as possible before they officially declare it." Falling from the ceiling it landed right in front of him.

Nicholas Flamel and Alma Breya
    Alchemy Mage and Spirit Mage
    The Pyramids of Egypt

"Arian, in case you haven't noticed, there is no way that she could've known that the Blocker would go after her either. They had to break into the pyramid to get your stuff, he just had to be nearby to blow her cover, and none of us were checking up on where he was. She's just as blameless as you. But, if you want to give them the blood sacrifice, how about offering yourself up as the sacrifice and giving them the blood with the least powers so they can't turn it against us?" Nick said, glaring him down. "I mean, you are the one who suggested it, and you are the one trying to kill another Mage for something outside of her power. It seems only fair."

Alma rubbed her forehead. "Nobody is sacrificing anyone." she said. "And the next mention of it will earn the person who brings it up a black eye."

Rowan Summers
    Music Mage
    Mage meeting, Egyptian Pyramids

Rowan seethed at Adrian, how could he act so ignorant? "The spilling of blood will only bring more wolves." He said angrily, "How could any of us, beside Jude, have known the blocker was going to reveal her? I didn't know. You didn't know. Araxie certainly didn't know. If the discovery of your laboratories was unavoidable, then surely the revealing would be as well. There was no reason to hide away like frightened mice because before the blocker made his move, no human would be able to find us. Its not like you keep a record of where we go and what we look like in your lab."

Rowan was going to continue when a piece of paper suddenly landed on his head. He grabbed it irritably and read it. Somewhat annoyed, he said, "Apparently Bernie is watching the human leaders make their decision. He says they've chosen to hunt us down with an army of Superhumans, but it doesn't say what they plan to do with us when we're found."

Marx Hunfry
    Fire Mage
    U.N. headquarters

Marx jumped up and stretched his vast height as far as it would go. He brushed his fingers through his hair, fiery sparks flying between them, and smiled as he watched the UN representatives file out of the room discussing various things. He was more interested in the Superhuman who'd shown off what her blood could do. Moving between people, he made his way over to her. Once he'd arrived he introduced himself with, "Why, hello there! Name's Marx. That was some nice work you did there."

VPP