Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Important Literary Date Detected…
    April 23, the day of Shakespeare's death…
    RNG override activated…

Today's Daily Literature Quote is…
    Quote Originally Posted by All the World’s a Stage monologue from As you like it by William Shakespeare
    “All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts,”
    Yes, I did override the RNG today. I actually wanted to use this as a chance to ask you guys what your thoughts were on an idea like this. On certain days of the year (holidays, important days in literature history, etc) I override the RNG and just pull a quote associated with the day. Let me know your thoughts below.

Anyway, this is actually probably my favorite Shakespearean quote. Like the intro to Romeo and Juliet is good and all, but I LOVE this monologue. The excerpt you see above I actually had to memorize for a play once and I can still spit that sucker out with no problem. It's great for impressing and freaking people out. That aside, this whole monologue itself talks about the stages of life and introduces people as if they are truly only actors with set lines, roles, and fates. The part where it says "and one man in his time plays many parts" actually refers to a person growing up, that they play one role as a baby and one as a child, etc. There's seven in all if I recall the whole monologue correctly. It's a good quote about life and how we change as we progress through it to the point where humans can be referred to as different characters as they grow older.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

2. This post has been liked by:

Fate