View Poll Results: What Region Should this take place in?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

0 0%
  • Johto

0 0%
  • Hoenn

1 11.11%
  • Sinnoh

0 0%
  • Unova

2 22.22%
  • Kalos

0 0%
  • A Super Region (like Pangea)

4 44.44%
  • Other

2 22.22%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    I've been itching to get back into RPing, so this is perfect! I need a bit of time to brainstorm, but I'll have something up soon c:
    Take your time, no need to rush.

Hm, the thing i ran into showed that the SPECIAL stats for a level one scrublet is 21 points, with 1 in each normally.
    It was right here...
    AHA! http://www.levelbased.com/guides/fal.../tools/special

But then i read into the conversation.
    Last edited by Steven_Six; 05-16-2016 at 02:09 PM.
    "Be not the unremarkable tree of the forest, but the cherry blossom that stands alone."
    ~Myself?!?!
    "I go to sleep one night, then I wake up in the middle of all this..."
    --PMD Stalkers
    http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...T-PMD-Stalkers

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Six View Post
    Hm, the thing i ran into showed that the SPECIAL stats for a level one scrublet is 21 points, with 1 in each normally.
    It was right here...
    AHA! http://www.levelbased.com/guides/fal.../tools/special
    Again, that's Fallout 4, though. They expect you to get bobbleheads, magazines, and perks to raise those up throughout the course of the game. In the versions before, the SPECIAL scores didn't change all that much, but you started with 40 points.

If we go with Fallout 4, it will basically say most people are bad at just about everything and will stay bad unless this RP puts in perks, bobbleheads, and magazines in the kind of quantity that Fallout 4 does. Since we're just using it as a rough character building guide, I'm thinking it would be better to just go with 40 points rather than try to put all that other stuff in.

Quick question, I looked at the poll and I'm curious, who said Other and where were you thinking of putting it?

And @Awasfriend @Steven_Six thanks to both of you for fixing the stats.

URPG Staff

I did. The thing that I don't like is using an aspect of the Pokemon World in a super continent or even current existing region. The thing about using one is not the fact only they are based on real world locations, they are small. Each region is only as big as a normal country, and even combining the six we currently know would be about or a little bit bigger than Australia. This would work out for awhile, but we aren't in a "general" region. Everything's been devastated by this nuclear war, making basically all standouts about the unique regions nigh except for mountains.

Coming up with your own areas and territory makes everything easier on the GM and roleplayer as they can set up the terrain on their own. You can make unique cities which could be based on other locations rather than being stuck to the normal towns. This leads to more creativity, more world-building, and more choices to make.

TL;DR Avoiding established areas would make it work better and allow more diversity, which in turn leads to an overall better experience in my opinion.
    Last edited by Dash; 05-16-2016 at 07:33 PM.

6. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chara View Post
    I did. The thing that I don't like is using an aspect of the Pokemon World in a super contentinent or even current existing region. The thing about using one is not the fact only they are based on real world locations, they are small. Each region is only as big as a normal country, and even combining the six we currently know would be about or a little bit bigger than Australia. This would work out for awhile, but we aren't in a "general" region. Everything's been devastated by this nuclear war, making basically all standouts about the unique regions nigh except for mountains.

Coming up with your own areas and territory makes everything easier on the GM and roleplayer as they can set up the terrain that is set up. You can make unique cities which could be based on other locations rather than being stuck to the normal towns. This leads to more creativity, more world-building, and more choices to make.

TL;DR Avoiding established areas would make it work better and allow more diversity, which in turn leads to an overall better experience in my opinion.
    I originally voted Unova, but I agree with this and it makes a lot more sense. I think we should go with this and make our own doscoveries and things as the RP progresses. In the process, we create our own region and that sounds like something that would be a lot more interesting.

Hmmm yeah good point... Revoting now.
    "Be not the unremarkable tree of the forest, but the cherry blossom that stands alone."
    ~Myself?!?!
    "I go to sleep one night, then I wake up in the middle of all this..."
    --PMD Stalkers
    http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...T-PMD-Stalkers

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hm... maybe it can be a mix of both? Like it's based on a giant Pangea but the world has changed so much that there are new locations and stuff?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Name: Minerva *last name here*
    Species: Munna
    Appearance:
    Moves:
    SPECIAL: (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck) (At least one point in each, maximum of 10 points in any stat)
    Personality: (optional)
    History: (optional)
    Crush: (optional)
    Other: (optional)

I will be updating this as I go along.
    Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB

Ok, that does make sense, I only included that for sake of leaving a few familiar ruins like in Fallout anyways, but leaving only mountains and the like would probably be better. So that's a vote of 4-3 in favor of Dash's idea at the very least.

I'm thinking maybe take a page from Jan where there may be recognizable mountains and such from all of the regions, and even some unrecognizable ones to allow more than just what there already were in the six main regions. Does that sound alright, @Chara?