Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Character Design Update

@Alphys

Okay, so I don't typically do major character design changes- especially for characters who HAVE made a formal appearance in the comic, however- I felt this to be fitting.

So, some of you may or may not remember Alvira- she's the shiny Ninetales seen in Chapter One. No? Probably not. Her appearance was quite brief. Just to refresh- here's the panel she appeared in.

So, as some of you are aware, we got some new Gen 7 information today. For those trying to stay in the dark about Gen 7 stuff, I advise you close this tab now. Below will contain some new info.

Alvira is now an Alola Ninetales instead of a shiny Ninetales. This isn't a choice that was made lightly or for the heck of it. Put simply- it works best for her story. I'll give the spoiler-free version of her backstory:

Alvira is from a small, isolated group of Ninetales that lives in a very snowy/cold/mountainous place. As a result, they have adapted to have white fur to better blend in with their surroundings.

So you can see why I decided Alola form to better suit, yes? So as of today, she is now Ice/Fairy. Since I have plans to redo earlier pages, her design will be corrected in-comic at a later date.

Here's a sneak-peak of her new design. This is also a sneak-peak of the next Patreon Postcard.

2. This post has been liked by: