• No

1 33.33%

Thread: Renegade (SU)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Renegade (SU)

Public Information

A tale of eons…

A very long time ago, Queen Mew, King Arceus, and Princess Giratina created and populated the world of Omnia with the help of other Legendaries. It was a vast world, with a myriad of environments and regions for Pokemon to live in. Queen Mew and King Arceus, in fact, found that Omnia was so huge they were incapable of ruling it on their own. So while they, themselves, governed the Court of Legendaries from their Sky Palace, they assigned each Legendary with the status of ‘Prin’, ‘Prince’, or ‘Princess’ their own region to rule and a small pantheon of Legendaries to act as advisors and enforcers.

For a time pantheons and rulers were very active in leading their countries and taking part in their people’s culture. But soon they began to interact with the mortals progressively less. It was about this time that the ‘Chosen’ were created. Certain Bloodlines gifted by a Legendary Patron, so that in times of darkness and misery they could bring peace and joy. They had the wonderful and terrible ‘Seraphic Mode’, which granted them power equivalent to that of a Legendary. As the Legendary Pokemon began to interfere less, the Chosen became more prominent, becoming prodigious leaders and warriors. Wars between regions began to take place, with Chosen in the frontlines.
    It was in this confusing time of bloodshed that the Princess Giratina went missing. No one is entirely sure what happened to her. Some believe she was killed others thought she grew fed up with the squabbles of mortals and apathy of Legendaries and fled. The other Princes, Princesses, and Prins finally decided that it was time to intercede, and though they could not totally revoke the status of Chosen they did cause it to become dormant.

Years passed, and Duke Dialga and Duchess Palkia tried to rule their region in the missing Princess’ stead. The two disagreed violently on how to do so, however, prompting Queen Mew to assign Celebi and Hoopa to Sinna to try and advise them.

This was how the world was for a long time. Chosen faded into myths and stories. Technology advanced. And the Legendaries ruled, though they would never again be as active as in the time before the Chosen.

Then one day, everything changed again.

The Renegade’s Rancor

In an instant, it all changed.

For the first time in millennia, the long-lost Princess Giratina returned. She corrupted Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf into her evil minions. She attempted to kick each and every other Legendary out of her region, and very nearly succeeded. The only two who avoided this were Celebi and Hoopa.

And worst of all, she forcibly dragged Sinna out of the world of Omnia, isolating it and damaging the very spacetime continuum. The Adamant, Lustrous, and Griseous Orbs were totally shattered, their shards scattered across the region.

There is no longer a sun in the sky. Things are growing colder and progressively more hopeless.

No one is entirely certain what it is that Giratina wants, or why she has returned now. And for a time, no one was entirely certain what to do. Until Celebi and Hoopa activated their secret weapon.

The Renegade is not the only thing to be seen again for the first time in ages.

The Chosen have awoken.

The Chosen’s Mission

You are a Chosen. In your hands is the fate of Sinna. Your mission, given to you by Celebi and Hoopa, is to find a way to save Sinna.

There are several steps that must be taken to accomplish that, though.

Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf must be saved from Giratina’s malevolent control. And Giratina herself must be stopped somehow. Either by finding a way to break, the control, convincing her to stop… Or killing her.

Sinna must have a connection forged between it and Omnia again, before the region itself dies. The only way to do this would be to assist Celebi and Hoopa in finding the Persistent Shards, Radiant Shards, and Twisted Shards scattered across Sinna needed to reforge the Adamant, Lustrous, and Griseous Orbs.

It is unclear what the Princess’ motives and goals are, but it is inadvisable to simply sit back and allow them to be discovered.

Chosen Information
    Spoiler:
    Chosen have access to a particular ability known as ‘Seraphic Mode’. When Seraphic Mode takes effect, a radiant light the color of the Chosen’s aura appears around them, in the shape of six wings.
    Seraphic Mode grants a Chosen the following powers:
    A special moveset composed of their Legendary’s moves, with the Legendary’s signature move included.
    Access to a special power known as a ‘Gift’. Each Chosen has a single Gift, and it is a power related to their Patron. For example, the Chosen of Lugia’s Gift may be summoning hurricanes. The Chosen of Yveltal may be able to drain their foe of life to heal their own injuries. Chosen of the same Legendary rarely have the same Gift.
    While in Seraphic Mode, injuries heal faster, and Chosen seem to have more energy and stamina.
    There are some side-effects of using Seraphic Mode for too long. Chosen may feel giddy or euphoric, get delusions of grandeur, or hallucinate. There are some reports of the personalities and appearances of Chosen warping and changing permanently after using Seraphic Mode for too long. There is a myth of a Chosen of Kyogre fighting an entire navy and winning, before spontaneously combusting.
    Being a Chosen also has passive effects, even if you don’t use Seraphic Mode. Chosen tend to live longer lives, and only get sick if the injury is serious. They can go without food or water for longer periods of time.

Cast Overview

Rules

1) Please obey Pokemon Crossroads Rules.
    2) Please, please, please do not control another person’s character. There are certain circumstances where I will allow it(possession, hypnosis), but only if you gain both my and that character’s player’s explicit permission, and instruct us both what you intend to do in advance.
    3) I control all Legendary Pokemon. On that note, I do not consider Rotom to be a Legendary Pokemon. Phione and Type:Null I will allow as well.
    4) On a note related to the previous rule, this means you may not make your character a Legendary Pokemon. Considering what it evolves into, this includes Cosmog. No Ultra Beasts, either. I consider the Tapus to be Legendaries as well.
    5) I am allowing a single Legendary to have multiple Chosen, but please. Have some diversity. I don’t want 50+ Chosen of Rayquaza.
    6) Gifts need to have my approval. I don’t want them being overpowered, and I encourage creativity, and try to have them relate to your Patron Legendary.
    7) Please be aware that while I do not mind your character being skilled in battle already, I’d like for them to still not be absolutely invincible. 8) Attacks can miss, fighters can trip, attacks can quite unexpectedly turn out to be critical. It’s not much fun if things are too easy, after all.
    9) While your character can be the nastiest person alive, I would like to request that out of context you respect your fellow players. No trolling or flaming. Leave your arguments at the door, please and thank you.
    10) English is a difficult language, I know, but please make an effort to get it right. That means no chatspeak, no leetspeak. If I can’t understand you I’m going to move along without you.
    11) I will allow Pokemon to have up to eight moves. Ensure that they are all moves the Pokemon can actually learn, please. I don’t want any magikarps with Lock On and Guillotine.
    12) I don’t have a limit with how many characters you want to have, try to keep it to an amount you can control, though.
    13) If you have any ideas for how you think the plot should go, please message me. If you have any questions, please message me.
    14) Please remember to have fun. ^^

Form:

Username:
    Character Name:
    Species:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History:
    Moveset:
    Patron:
    Gift:
    Seraphic Mode Moveset:
    Other:
    Last edited by LKWayvern; 08-09-2017 at 03:26 PM.