View Poll Results: Do you want an ideas/discussion thread for future page development of PMDXR?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PMDXR Feedback - January 2018

@Nekomata @MajorLeeMan @Neo Emolga @Suicune's Fire @Phoenix Fire @Noblejanobii @Scytherwolf @Neon Umbreon @Zirilon @azura evley @Liokora @Rival Max @Shruikan @pokemon trainer Felix @October @LKWayvern

Howdy!

PXR has been going on for nearly a year now and our first chapter is about to be wrapped up (with a cliffhanger, so I've been told). I think it's time we create a thread to discuss how we can improve the process while still keeping things fun and unpredictable.

I pinged the page maker list, but anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. (Also if I messed up any pings, someone fix them. I'm on mobile and it's a pain.)

---

Some thoughts on my end:

- While PMDXR is meant to be created with minimal planning to allow each person to take the story in the path they so choose, perhaps we should create a thread for people to suggest ideas or desires for the next page. The person in line will have no obligation to follow any of the ideas, but it's something to help the next person in line.

- Time. The official rules say 2 weeks per page. I know we haven't strictly enforced this because the last thing we want is to pressure people. I have no problem extending the official rule to 3-4 weeks if people think they'll need that.

- Fill ins. I realize that when following the list, you may see your name 2 spots down and prepare to set aside some time. However, if for whatever reason the next person in line has to skip and you fall at a poor time, that can be a problem. If someone needs to skip, I think it'd be good to encourage one of the other artists to fill in for that spot as needed so the next person in line doesn't get "SURPRISE, YOUR TURN CAME EARLY!" This is as needed of course.

- Chapter Covers. Since we're wrapping up the first chapter, I'd love to see several people come together to make the chapter cover. We can have people come up with ideas, people make thumbnails based on said ideas, have one person sketch the final, another line, another do flats, and finally someone to do shading, etc. etc. If this doesn't seem feasable I'd be willing to do the cover pages myself, but it'd certainly be more fun to have as many people have a hand in it! We'll be using the contents of Chapter One for inspiration, of course. (I'll make a thread for chapter covers later.)

- New People: I know we've already got some non-PXR people working on this, but do we want to go seeking more authors/artists to join in the rotation, or are we happy with the current number? (Not to say we won't accept people who ask- just not actively seeking?)

- And cause some people came to me about this: As much as we all love Natalya, don't forget Edgar is the main charrie! Friendly request to give him a little more panel time and love. XD

- Lastly, I created a PMDXR channel on my discord server since a good number of the PMDXR team is on there. Here's a link: https://discord.gg/Ha7ysN4

- Neko

2. This post has been liked by: