Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Moderator

Anime Remix Special: The Remix of Darkrai (COMPLETE!)

(rated E10+ for fantasy violence and frightening images)

Here is a special request and a gift for fans of my series--what Pokemon movie 10 would look like within my imagined Pokeworld.

Remember this is not quite the same movie you remember!

All characters, names, and other indicia are trademarks of their respective owners.

Prologue: The Way to Alamos Town

"Nervous about the Contest in Alamos Town?" Ash asked as the group made their way down the road. It had been a few days since Dawn had befriended a Ralts inside Solaceon Ruins. Dawn had planned to use her new Ralts in the Solaceon Contest, but then Barry had informed her about Alamos Town.

Brock looked up from the guidebook. He winced when he noticed the group's current position looked nothing like the picture in the guidebook. "I hate to say it, guys, but we're lost. No nice way to say it."

"Typical Barry..." Dawn sighed as Ash groaned. "Tells us all about a cool detour, but neglects to give us directions..."

"According to the chapter on Alamos Town, the town is actually raised on a mountain surrounded by a lake." Brock explained. "This expanse of tall grass looks nothing like that..."

Ash spotted a checkered hot air balloon approaching their position. "Hey, look!"

"Hello there, travelers!" a blonde haired woman smiled as her older pilot guided the balloon to the ground. "Need a ride to Alamos Town?"

"Sure!" Dawn hurried to the gondola and climbed inside. "I've always wanted to take a balloon ride, miss..."

"Alice, please." the girl replied. "And this is Tonio, my co-pilot and navigator."

"Pleased to meet you, travelers." the older man smiled as he petted a Chimchar. "Ember here is the one powering the burner."

Ash facepalmed when he heard a familiar guitar playing the intro to the song "Up, Up, and Away". Brock, this is not the time to play a song...

A discordant Eb chord made him heave a sigh of relief. [You can sing all you want when we get to where we're goin', coach.] Kage scolded Brock.

Alice smiled as she climbed back inside the gondola with a shaped piece of grass. "If you want to play music so bad, let me share with you a song that is special to the residents of Alamos..."

With that, she started playing a peaceful melody that resonated across the plain. "Wow!" Dawn gasped as a variety of bird Pokemon met the balloon in the air.

"What's the name of that song?" Ash wondered as he found one of his whistles in his pocket. "And why is it special?"

"It's an ancient melody..." Alice explained. "The only known name for it is the Oración."

"The Oración, huh?" Brock mused. "Is it anything like the Swanna Song?"

"Yes and no--while it is a song said to have magical power, it is not a last ditch spell." Alice explained. "It's actually more of a great healing song. One legend I once heard said that it calmed two Legendary Pokemon that were battling across space and time. But as far as I know, it's only a story."

"Ah, but remember that sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction." Brock smiled.

"That is true." Tonio agreed. "We will be arriving soon, so gather your belongings and make sure your teams are accounted for."

Alice set down a sheet of musical staff paper on the gondola floor. "What key is your instrument?" she asked Ash.

"This is a D whistle--the 'standard' whistle key." Ash replied.

"Okay..." Alice wrote two sharps as the key signature, then quickly wrote out the song's melody in the new key. "The only note that may give you trouble is a high F# in the second octave." she cautioned.

"I've been playing for a while, so I can hit that note consistently." Ash assured Alice.

"For now, just practice the melody as I have it here." Alice began. "Then you can add in ornamentation to make this song your own."

"Got it." Ash replied as he stashed his whistle and Alice's transcription of the Oración in his bag.

"You finished the music lesson just in time." Tonio smiled as the rooftops of ornate buildings and a mountain came into view. "Welcome to Alamos Town."

The group gasped in awe at the city, and the ornate designs on many of the buildings. "This looks way better than the picture in the guidebook!" Dawn smiled as she admired the elegant tilework and the fountain in the town square.

The balloon touched down on a hill near the square some moments later. "Thanks for the ride." Brock smiled as he woke Tarina up. "We're here...this is Alamos Town."

Tarina yawned, then gasped at the buildings. [Wow...this was the place Barry told us about?]

Dawn nodded. "This is the place."

"I'm sure you're tired from your travels." Tonio smiled. "Please, make yourselves at home, and enjoy your visit."

To Be Continued...
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 11-17-2018 at 06:01 PM.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"