Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

But Who Are The Stalkers?

I'm not on the discord, so maybe you guys are way ahead of me on this. Feel free to post here and update me with suspicions, hunches, and clues. I'll include them in the appropriate posts.

Repose
    "Repose, the fluid parasite. Yeah, gross, I know. Sucks the life out of its victims, or more specifically, the moisture. Captures them, probably...ties them down or something, then drains all moisture until they're dry, cracked husks of their former selves. Mummified afterwards just to top it all off. Bodies are just left in random locations."

Current Suspects: Vex the Decidueye??? A little weird, but a hunch I have.
    Kaskin the Croagunk seems like a much more likely suspect.

On Night 1, Bizzie the Cutiefly (unquestioned) was murdered at the Valley Wellness Centre border.

Victim Profile:
    Spoiler:
    Bizzie the Cutiefly

Related Pokemon:
    26. Balene the Cottonee ♀ [D] <Mistee's Interview>
    Eclipse the Houndour
    Timpani the Kirlia

Related Locations:
    (34) Bizzie's Fruit Farm - the Wounded yungoose was found and rescued here. A Corruption's Eye was found and purified here, revealing the Rod of Light.
    (34a) Bizzie’s and Balene’s House
    Cup of Pus was found here.

(7) Berry House - The Berry House is a juice bar and a buying place for berries. Bizzie's mate, Balene the cottonee, runs the shop.
    <UNSEARCHED>
    (7a) Storehouse <UNSEARCHED>

The Autopsy (why was the dry body wrapped in bandages?)
    A [Large Tooth] was lodged in the back of the cadaver.

Crime Scene
    Spoiler:
    (42) Valley Wellness Centre is interesting because that's where the Iron Maiden was found and the Infernal Spear pulled from it.

The Wellness Centre is a hub with a lot of Pokemon who do visit or used to visit it. Eclipse the Houndour names off:
    --Vex the Decidueye (1)(2) (possibly apathetic? Gave =Coded Passage=)
    After Trinket was killed by Stalkers, his best friend Vex assumed the role of maintaining (29) Trinket Tower.
    After Jeek and Zundy left the valley, Vex and Fjord the Fraxure (Unquestioned) partnered up to keep the (50) Jeek and Zundy Leisure Centre (1)(2) running.
    --Imeida the Kangaskhan (found under the control of the Medallion of the Baleful. After two fights and an interview, suspects something is fishy with her friend Kannari the Rhydon (Forge teacher and blacksmith of (3) Disaster Defence.)

Timpani only specifically mentions Vex again, and Golly the Golurk, comparing the amount of rent they charge.

At the crime scene, the =Torment Scrawling= was found on a nearby crumbling wall, text facing away from the cadaver. It reads, "Maybe you will remember me NOW" the lettering is sharp and jagged.

Suspect Profile: Kaskin
    Spoiler:
    35. Kaskin the Croagunk (Medicine Perk) (1) (2)

Related Locations:
    (12) Kaskin's House <UNSEARCHED>
    (38) Black Dart Apothecary

Repose has committed only one murder since the Emissaries arrived, and the victim was found wrapped in bandages. This obviously implies a medical bend to the killer, since bandages would do little to heal the Stalkers' damage. A [Gauze Roll] was found in a cabinet at Black Dart Apothecary, though it is not unexpected to find medical supplies in such a place.

Repose is known to drain its victims of fluid. In both exchanges with Kaskin, he has offered cups of tea to the Emissaries. In fact, he pushes the tea. This is highly coincidental, and is likely a personality quirk. However, it could be relevant.

Kaskin, Salvage Keep’s local healer, is a croagunk determined to prove that Poison-types can treat injured pokémon just as effectively as anyone else, despite their toxic reputation.
    The description for Kaskin implies he is bitter about the distrust he's received from others due to his type and profession.

"There are many who do not trust me solely because I possess two types commonly perceived as only useful for harming others. They are simpletons, but it is not their fault that they have been brainwashed with stereotypes. They are only at fault if they persist with their views upon gaining exposure and knowledge that combats them." The way he speaks on this topic makes you think that he has said this many times, and the response comes naturally to him now. "However, everyone here in Salvage Keep knows me, and, I hope, trusts me and my knowledge. It's mostly the...individuals passing through who hesitate to put their life in my hands."
    Despite his cool attitude, his answer is a well-rehearsed one, and could hide resentment.

Repose left the body of a victim at Valley Wellness Centre, a business ostensibly dedicated to both physical and mental health. If Kaskin had any strife with Eclipse the Houndour or Timpani the Kirlia, he might seek to strike out at them.

At the Valley Wellness Centre crime scene, the message, "Maybe you will remember me NOW" was found scrawled on the wall. The lettering does not match Kaskin's writing sample. If Kaskin had any strife with Eclipse or Timpani, or any of their clients, he might feel bitter about being forgotten much in the same way Orin does, or even be upset about not being allowed to work at the Wellness Centre -- something like that.

Kaskin's interactions with Emissaries have followed the same pattern as the other key suspects, Orin and Marisha. At first, he is slow to speak, hesitant, then opens up with what he knows about the Stalkers. However, unlike Orin and Marisha, Kaskin did not give a list of Stalkers and leave one out.

Kaskin's =Care Package List= could be a hit list. (Noteworthy: Timpani is on this list as well.) However, the first Pokemon on the list to be killed by a Stalker, Urvanine the Nidorino, was killed by Netherfall, not Repose.
    Last edited by Truly; 09-10-2019 at 03:20 AM.