Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar

Pokémon: Ultimate Showscapes [SU/DS] [OPEN]

(This is my first time trying a RP on here, so advice would be appreciated if I accidentally screw anything up.)

Pokemon Showcases are known for making Kalos the way it is. A perfect mix of letting Performers show their skills while battlers would get their taste of action via the Kalos League. Overall the region was very well known for being the ‘Capital of Entertainment’ second only to Unova with its grand movie studios, musicals and other things as well. There was always something worth talking about in either region, and constantly hearing about all of this made two of the highest class Performers of each respective region spark a friendly rivalry about which region is truly the better place for anybody looking for a good thrill. After a few back and forth situations that fortunately didn’t take the rivalry into harmful territory, the duo had come across an idea that would merge things into what anybody would hopefully deem the best source of entertainment.
    The Ultimate Showscapes Tournament. A high stakes gathering of Coordinators and Performers, whether they were new to the Contest or Showcase game or if they had devoted themselves to their work for many years. It’s been stated the grand prize was over one hundred thousand Poké and a pair of elusive ribbons that shine with the light of a truly refined diamond and pure white opal respectively and other more secretive prizes. So a large handful of Performers and Coordinators decided they wanted to show their stuff and set off to the location of the tournament: the newly made and named Valloux Island.

The island was artificially shaped like a typical Contest Ribbon and filled with many a stadium for Showscape Performances, the tournament’s style of ‘battles’ to be held in. There’s stadiums on a cliff that overlooks the ocean, one buried deep in a forest, one laid out in a fresh tundra, one under the sea and even one in the sky being held up by hyper powerful propellors. The main stadium that’s used for the bigger Showscape Performances lays right in the centre of the island and is triple the size of the smaller stadiums. Perfect for a performance of any kind!
    (A map as well, created by yours truly. Apologies for the small size.)

There were plenty of other locations on the island too. Sat on the north is Windpoint, the only city on the island but it excels at what it does. There's almost a bountiful amount of beauty salons, boutiques and pretty much anything a Coordinator or Performer would need to keep their partners in perfect shape. Windpoint is actually also well known for having a store with one of, if not the largest collection of Seals in the known Pokémon world. Whether it's Seals on their own or in custom premade Sets, there's no doubt about Windpoint being the Showscape Hub any participating person would need.

On the beach is the elusive Tide Shard Hotel, which has room for every participating person to stay in. The hotel itself is top class, having exceptional service and assistance for anyone who may need it. Wheelchair access, elevators, escalators and travellators instead of stairs and a wonderful view of the ocean, there's really no hotel like Tide Shard. Oh, did I mention the Pokémon Centre that's in there as well (Hence the P atop the building)? Yep, this place has got it all and a half.

There's also small training fields as well in case you'd like to hone your skills if you're unsure about them. Practice makes perfect, you know?

Now then, I bet you may be asking... how's a Showscape Performance different to a normal Contest or Showcase?

Worry not, for I can explain. The two things have been merged together to create a mixed experience bound to give anyone who gives one a go an equally balanced taste of Contests and Showcases in one go. Kinda like having a plate with exactly one half of fries and the other half having... uh... whatever goes well with fries on a plate I guess. I think you get the idea.

The funny thing is, the competitors don't have to wait on a scheduled Showscape Performance to have one. They can freely duke it out with their peers in the meantime and get a taste of the action. Just without your ranking in the tournament being on the line. Or the large amount of spectators watching. Hey, there's a lot of stuff on the line here so there's gonna be a lot of people watching okay? You still get a tiny bit of Prestige Points though. More on that a bit later.

As for those official, scheduled matches they can take place in one of the seven smaller stadiums on the island. Frostfoot Stadium which lays in a tundra, Purepeak Stadium which overlooks a cliff, Layvine Stadium which is deep in the Layvine Forest, Hustlestep Stadium which is located on a busy street, Sandymark Stadium which is sat on the beach, Prismarine Stadium which is flat out under the sea and finally Skymark Stadium that's elevated in the skies above Valloux Island.

And laid in the centre of the island is the huge Valloux Stadium. All high rank Showscape Performances take place in here and for good reason. It's got access to plenty of safe pyrotechnics and all kinds of performance enhancing practical effects that can really make any performance pop. The smaller stadiums have access to these practical effects too of course, they just aren't as varied as the ones in Valloux Stadium.

Oh right, I gotta explain how the Showscape Performances work, don't I.

Anyways, it's simple. The main goal isn't to lower your foes' points but to gain them instead by drawing out the abilities of your Pokémon the best you can. Whether that's by moves, physical displays or a mix of both doesn't matter. But there is one important rule:
    Until two minutes of the Performance remain, the Pokémon involved CANNOT attack each other, status moves included. This is so they can first focus on showing off their skills before putting them to use. A typical Showscape Performance lasts for about ten minutes.

When the Pokémon can attack one another, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. If a competitor's Pokémon faints and they had the point advantage, that competitor would still win. If it's a tie in points though, then the Pokémon who fainted the other who claims victory. Whether you win or lose performing still gets you Prestige Points (PP), it's just that the losing competitor gets less. These points are used to purchase items in Windpoint or practical effects that can be used at your command. However, the winner exclusively gets Ranking Stars (RS) which may boost their position in the tournament's leaderboard. The competitor with the MOST Ranking Stars at the end of the two-month period of the tournament is the overall winner, while the rest of the competitors get prizes depending on their rank. The higher up you are, the more bountiful the rewards.

Okay, I think that's all I need to say about the tournament. Now lets get to the rules of the RP in general.

Spoiler:
    1. All PXR rules apply here.
    2. Don't think about adding 18+ or NSFW stuff. Just... heck nah.
    3. Your character can't have any Legendaries or Mythicals. Sorry to potentially burst any bubbles.
    4. Somebody else using a Pokémon you want to use? Pssht, no biggie! Dupes of the same 'mon are 100% A-ok.
    5. Don't control any characters without permission. As the one in charge here, I have the all clear to do so.
    6. Don't put any Mary Sues / Gary Stus here. Applies for both trainer AND Pokémon.
    7. Speaking of Pokémon, don't make em' dodge everything or just use an Ember and get max points instantly. Those points are decided by me, and I'm not revealing how I tally them.
    8. If there's any problems of any kind, please inform me before it gets out of hand. I got the guide to what happens in certain scenarios buried in my notes, so I should be able to resolve things if needed.
    9. You're okay to have your character do some smaller test battles with NPCs if you want, just make it realistic. Don't make them just surrender instantly because you're using a Typhlosion while they just have, like, a Pidove or something. There's always a way for smaller, weaker Pokémon to win if the Trainer knows what they're doing.
    10. This is pretty much going to be anime style, so don't worry about only using four moves. But make sure your Pokémon can learn them, and if a move seems unusual then please inform me of proof it's learnable. (Eg. <Pokémon> CAN learn <Move> via <Way the move is learnt. Egg move, TM, yadda yadda>).
    11. Maximum character limit is two characters. Gotta keep things manageable.
    12. You can have your character have six Pokémon max at a time, but if you want to temporarily swap them with another 'mon your character owns all you need to do is tell me which mon is being swapped and make a form for the one you've swapped in.
    13. One shiny maximum.
    14.. Just have fun! Contests are a huge hyperfixation of mine so doing this is really exciting to me.

And a form as well! Large yays.
    Spoiler:
    Character Name (Full):
    Age (13-30)
    Physical Appearance:
    Clothing:
    Performance Attire:
    Personality:
    Points of Note:
    Backstory:
    Any injuries / disabilities?:
    Pokémon:
    Other:

POKEMON FORM
    Species:
    Nickname:
    Primary Moves (The ones it uses most often. See rule 10 for more info.):
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Other Details:

Speaking of forms, here's mine!
    Spoiler:
    Character Name (Full): Ivory Carata

Age (13-30): 14

Pronouns: She/Her

Physical Appearance: Standing at 5'2, Ivory is fairly average for her age. She's around 70lbs weight wise. Her skin is fairly pale but still has colour to it, and she has a scar just above her left eyebrow. Her eyes are a natural hazel colour while her hair is a browny-blonde coloration. Her build is also pretty typical, but she does seem a tad bit skinnier then a normal teenager her age.

Clothing: Ivory is in no way one to dress fancily. She normally sticks to a purple t-shirt with silver stripes that's covered by a pale pink hoodie, simple black trousers and sneakers with the same shade of pink as her hoodie. Occasionally she'll swap the hoodie out for a puffy chestnut brown down coat if needed, or just not wear the hoodie at all if it's not mandatory for the weather or other reasons. Something she always carries with her though is a pure purple backpack that's got all of her stuff inside. A phone to check her tournament status, the Pokéballs for her team, an ID card and Contest Pass for recognition, a circular plushie that has a a pale purple colouration that Ivory says just 'helps her feel less worried about things' and finally a set of novels simply titled 'The Twisted Sin' based off of a very popular online forum game. I will change this if needed, it's just my Stalker love shining through.

Performance Attire: Again, this is as simple as Ivory is. She just likes to wear a pink blouse with a magenta knee length skirt and similarly coloured sneakers for a casual look. On occasion she'll also wear a bright pink headband as well (Think of the one May has in ORAS, just minus the stripes) to accent her style.

Personality: In short, Ivory is very calm and patient about everything. She looks long before she leaps, tries her best to make plans in advance and also attempts to keep her team of Pokémon in good condition. She's aware that some of her team are smaller and considered weak but she'll always timidly refute by saying size and strength don't matter in a Contest OR Showcase. She's seen many a Coordinator pull off victories with Pokémon like Skiddo or even Magby, so Ivory is proud of her team no matter what they look like.
    Points of Note: Has somewhat mild anxiety.
    Backstory: I'm leaving this out for now. My hands hurt from typing.
    Any injuries / disabilities?: No
    Pokémon:
    Spoiler:
    Species: Snivy
    Nickname: Fern
    Primary Moves (The ones it uses most often. See rule 10 for more info.): Leaf Tornado, Cut, Vine Whip, Energy Ball.
    Appearance: A typical Snivy, but she wears an Everstone pendant.
    Personality: Timid and very easily startled. She'll only come out of her little shell when a chance to train arises.
    Other Details: N/A

Species: Vaporeon
    Nickname: Mila
    Primary Moves (The ones it uses most often. See rule 10 for more info.): Surf, Ice Beam, Swift.
    Appearance: A Vaporeon with a slightly shorter tail then normal.
    Personality: Always likes to make her presence known to others even if she accidentally comes off as rude for doing so.
    Other Details: Ivory claims she's inspired by a character in one of her 'The Twisted Sin' novels.

Species: Pachirisu
    Nickname: Sayo
    Primary Moves (The ones it uses most often. See rule 10 for more info.): Nuzzle, Charm, Spark.
    Appearance: A normal Pachirisu with some fluff covering its right eye.
    Personality: Rather bold and gusty, also won't hesitate to stand up for something he believes in.

Species: Altaria
    Nickname: Flurrie
    Primary Moves (The ones it uses most often. See rule 10 for more info.):Fly, Moonblast, Dragon Pulse, Sing.
    Appearance: Totally normal, but the fancy tendril things on her head are way longer then usual.
    Personality: Looks, like a cinnamon roll, but can and will hurt you if the chance is given and it seems appropriate to do so.

Species: Sliggoo
    Nickname: Slopsworth
    Primary Moves (The ones it uses most often. See rule 10 for more info.): Rain Dance, Dragon Breath.
    Appearance: This bean is actually shiny and very proud of his colouration.
    Personality: Slightly stuck up and fancy, but is very overdramatic too.

Species: Meowstic
    Nickname: Reikar
    Primary Moves (The ones it uses most often. See rule 10 for more info.): Psychic, Fury Swipes, Confusion.
    Appearance: A normal male Meowstic.
    Personality: Silent until asked to perform. He's still very quiet then, but isn't silent.
    Other Details: Seems to be partially blind in his left eye.

Other: Not really! That's all to know about her.

And that's that! Gosh this took me an entire day to write out wOW. Anyways, hopefully nothing gets messed up and some of you guys take an interest in this thing. Okay, Slick out.

ROLEPLAY LINK
    Last edited by C0L0R3D; 02-07-2022 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Had to clear up the rule on Pokémon not being allowed to attack one another. It's all good now!

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!