Page 291 of 872 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 8720
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Honestly that was one of the few complaints I had about PSMD.

1) The tutorial is a full 10 chapters long and that's just awful
    2) You can't choose your gender.....AGAIN. So you're basically referred to as an "it" or "those kids" or my personal favorite...."you" =n=
    3) and you can't choose missions from a rescue board. meaning once you finish the links you can no longer go on any missions. Just random exploring. Which cuts replay ability VASTLY.

I do recommend at least finishing it. I do understand how other things and games are getting in the way though. Did you finish GTI or is that under the same boat?
    Yeah, the tutorial is BRUTAL for any veterans to the PMD series, because I KNOW ALL THIS STUFF ALREADY! Or can at least easily figure it out on my own. I'm also not a fan of the whole Looplets & Emera stuff where you have to collect the Emera before they shatter. It distracts too much from the dungeon exploring and battling. Plus the fact they don't stay after you finish the dungeon means you have to start all over again with the next one.

Like you said, the whole gender thing is meh too. I liked how they inserted the personality test and how you could override it if you didn't agree with it, but then they dropped the ball on the gender stuff and all the characters talk to you all strangely like that. And yeah, not being able to choose your own missions... lame.

I definitely did finish GTI, and that was good, but once that was done, it was done. The storyline to that was pretty good. Definitely not as good as Darkness/Time/Sky, but it had it's qualities (it had an Emolga as a major supporting character. BIG QUALITY THERE!). But doing the extra stuff like building up Paradise or recruiting every Pokemon and stuff like that was not really all that captivating.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, the tutorial is BRUTAL for any veterans to the PMD series, because I KNOW ALL THIS STUFF ALREADY! Or can at least easily figure it out on my own. I'm also not a fan of the whole Looplets & Emera stuff where you have to collect the Emera before they shatter. It distracts too much from the dungeon exploring and battling. Plus the fact they don't stay after you finish the dungeon means you have to start all over again with the next one.

Like you said, the whole gender thing is meh too. I liked how they inserted the personality test and how you could override it if you didn't agree with it, but then they dropped the ball on the gender stuff and all the characters talk to you all strangely like that. And yeah, not being able to choose your own missions... lame.

I definitely did finish GTI, and that was good, but once that was done, it was done. The storyline to that was pretty good. Definitely not as good as Darkness/Time/Sky, but it had it's qualities (it had an Emolga as a major supporting character. BIG QUALITY THERE!). But doing the extra stuff like building up Paradise or recruiting every Pokemon and stuff like that was not really all that captivating.
    Honestly they made too much of a dependency on the looplets and emeras in the game. Enough to the point you NEED them to make it through the game. Yeah and the fact they disappear between then and the next dungeon makes things incredibly hard.

I think everyone can agree the gender thing needs to be fixed. The character you play is supposed to be YOU! It gives you and the character more of a personality. Without a gender and characters specifying you as YOU. it makes it odd. Yeah the only starter with a real difference is Pikachu (with the heart shaped and flat end tail and all), but other than that it's just text to differentiate "he" or "she." Then moves like attract and all I guess.

Ahaha, I know you'd just LOVE the Emolga in it. Yeah once I built the Meloetta music box I gave up on the game. ONE mission at a time is just....*sigh* I love the PMD series. I really do, but Chunsoft is really been making some bad decisions on the game series recently.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Finished Ula ula i think. The levels have caught up with me again so I'm grinding. Everyone is evolved except my Vullaby.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

LAW SHALL BURN IN HECK!!! *ahem* Tekken is never good for me...

I have been neglecting a lot of crap in favor of depression, i will try to get things going...next week XD

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Are you playing actual Tekken or Pokken?
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Honestly they made too much of a dependency on the looplets and emeras in the game. Enough to the point you NEED them to make it through the game. Yeah and the fact they disappear between then and the next dungeon makes things incredibly hard.

I think everyone can agree the gender thing needs to be fixed. The character you play is supposed to be YOU! It gives you and the character more of a personality. Without a gender and characters specifying you as YOU. it makes it odd. Yeah the only starter with a real difference is Pikachu (with the heart shaped and flat end tail and all), but other than that it's just text to differentiate "he" or "she." Then moves like attract and all I guess.

Ahaha, I know you'd just LOVE the Emolga in it. Yeah once I built the Meloetta music box I gave up on the game. ONE mission at a time is just....*sigh* I love the PMD series. I really do, but Chunsoft is really been making some bad decisions on the game series recently.
    Yeah, I miss the regular held items from the previous games. They were definitely a lot more dependable. :P Looplets was the kind of thing where I felt like asking the game "do we have to?"

That Emolga was totally me. It felt funny finding a supporting character way more like myself than the character that was supposed to represent me! Although playing as Pikachu is always fun regardless. XD

If they make another game, I'm really hoping they fix this stuff.

7. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Well it'll probably be another year or two before we get another game.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Yeah it's gonna be 2018 or 2019 before we see another PMD sadly.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Are you playing actual Tekken or Pokken?
    Tekken Revolution. It is evil, all Tekken is. Need to play some Street Fighter. I like to believe these fighting games help me better myself in Smash even though they are astronomically different.

I want Pokken so bad, i am a boss at it with Pika Libre.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Senior Administrator

Pokken looks interesting, but I just don't have a Wii-U. But I imagine a game like that would be easier to pick up and play as opposed to something like Tekken which looks like something where if you don't remember a dictionary's worth of button combos and stuff like that, you're going to get beaten to a pulp.