Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

The hardest games that I've managed to beat were definitely the games in the dark souls series. I've played all three of them and, while I think people consider them to be harder than they really are, they are still pretty hard.

I know the topic is about games you've managed to beat, but Xcom 2 is pretty brutal too. On just normal difficulty I failed the campaign even while cheating by reloading saves frequently.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    I know the topic is about games you've managed to beat, but Xcom 2 is pretty brutal too. On just normal difficulty I failed the campaign even while cheating by reloading saves frequently.
    Oh goodie, a fellow XCOM player that knows my pain and suffering with that game!

After a while of playing it on Normal, I threw in the towel, swallowed my pride, and started over on "Casual." The game is actually enjoyable then! Try it! Also, the final mission is freaking ridiculous, even on Casual. And it's crazy considering I managed to beat XCOM: Enemy Unknown on Classic difficulty, but this... forget it.

3. This post has been liked by:

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

As a kid, I found the Ratchet & Clank games to be relatively easy, but the final boss battles were always way tougher. Most of them got much easier when I replayed the series, but the one from the first game was extremely difficult because buying ammo during the battle was necessary, and it was very often that you'd run out of ammo, and then run out of money not long after.

I also found it really hard to beat Sonic 3 when I was younger, and I needed my sister's help to get past Ice Cap Zone. Sonic Heroes was worse, though; I struggled to beat the final boss as the team that are effectively 'easy mode' because of how quickly it attacked. In fact, it wasn't even technically the final boss, because you needed to beat it as all four teams in order to unlock the real final boss. To this day I still haven't done that, although I'm getting closer. I can't imagine how tough the final final boss would be, though. :P

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

When i was 10 or 11 i had a hell of time beating the toy Story game. I havent played it since but ill always remember getting super mad and turning it off.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

6. This post has been liked by:

Honestly I had a lot of trouble with the Sonic Advance games. I beat the first one, but I think I had trouble with SA2 and SA3. Also, still haven't beaten Dragon Age: Origins. I keep getting used as a mop to wipe the floor. XD To be fair, I haven't played it in years, and I might do a lot better now than I used to. Certainly not saying it's the hardest game to beat either, because it's not.

Personally I haven't played Dark Souls...but I know I'd have trouble with it. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    When i was 10 or 11 i had a hell of time beating the toy Story game. I havent played it since but ill always remember getting super mad and turning it off.
    I remember playing that game as a kid too, and I found it insanely difficult. For a movie tie-in game it was amazing, though. :D

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I remember playing that game as a kid too, and I found it insanely difficult. For a movie tie-in game it was amazing, though. :D
    Yeah it was definitely one of better movie tie in games. I think if I tried to play the game now I would break it.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    Yeah it was definitely one of better movie tie in games. I think if I tried to play the game now I would break it.
    I almost definitely would. My patience when it comes to really difficult games is strangely much worse than it was when I was younger. :3

Spoiler:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Right now, it's Ocarina of Time. Even with strategy guides I can't get past some of the bosses and it's quite frustrating if I'm honest.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Right now, it's Ocarina of Time. Even with strategy guides I can't get past some of the bosses and it's quite frustrating if I'm honest.
    Thats my favorite game of all time!

I have a friend who couldnt beat the first boss on kingdom hearts. She almost broke my game.

I think the 2011/2012 Ghostbusters game for xbox 360 was really hard. Mainly because it was so frustrating to get the game started again as loading took forever.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic