Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar

Pokémon Prism: Help Wanted!

Pokemon Prism (PXR's colourful VPP game) is currently looking for helpers to get it back up and running smoothly!
    Not sure what it is? You can check out all the info in the Prism sub forum, and also the FAQ. If you're interested, please read over the details below and send a PM to Speed-X outlining the section you wish to help out in (spriting, general upkeep, or both).

We'd like people to work on the major sections (listed below) and possibly answering some questions. The Adoption Center and the Bank are the main threads that get traffic. Responsibilities include recolouring sprites when needed, upkeep of the opening posts (especially for the Bank), and utilising the tools on the archive website set up for Prism.
    The head of Pokemon Prism, Speed-X, will generally take care of all website upkeep, newer sprites and events.

Major Sections for Prism:
    • Adoption Center
    • Breeding Center
    • Item Shop
    • Bank
    • Trades/Gifts
    • Egg Shelter

Speed-X Duties:
    • Upkeep of the Prism website
    • Kalosian and Alolan Pokemon
    • Events and Legendary distributions

Recruited Help So Far:
    • Lunar Latias - Co-admin, sprites
    • Chakramaster - General helper

Priority will go to people that can recolour well enough. A tutorial for this can be found in the Prism site. Speed-X will probably want to assign you a few sprites to gauge how well you'll do if she's not sure of your skill. But no need to worry; as long as it's not too far off the mark! We try to use a variety of sprites in Prism, as long as it's no older than RSE and no newer than BW (so no XYORASSM models).

Lastly, if anyone just has a query or suggestion regarding Prism, please send a PM to either Speed-X or myself.
    We look forward to building a great new team to fill the forum with colour again! :D
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 12-10-2016 at 01:45 AM.

2. This post has been liked by:

I know it's only been like two days and I'm impatient af, but I'd really like to see if anyone is interested in this! After Gem sent me a PM, I've REALLY wanted to get PP back up and running since then. But...this time, I can't do that without help. I don't want the same thing as the last two times to happen in which I just get overwhelmed.

If it makes anyone feel any better about helping, I'm disabling the use of Breeder's Apps and stuff for now, meaning that each person can only adopt ONE at a time until further notice. Just until we can get a rhythm going and we know what we can keep up with! But I'm really going to need help keeping up with sprites. I know a lot of you guys CAN recolor; it's not so bad, and the tutorial says exactly how you can go about it to get the desired look / results! ^^ I'm not going to be overly picky about this, at all. Even if we can get a bunch of people that can help infrequently, that's almost just as good as a small handful of dedicated people. So far I've got Lunar Latias and (even though I have to ask her about this again because I'm not sure where she stands on it as of now) @Suicune's Fire.

Do I need to put some kind of staff reward system in place or something? xD

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

4. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    I know it's only been like two days and I'm impatient af, but I'd really like to see if anyone is interested in this! After Gem sent me a PM, I've REALLY wanted to get PP back up and running since then. But...this time, I can't do that without help. I don't want the same thing as the last two times to happen in which I just get overwhelmed.

If it makes anyone feel any better about helping, I'm disabling the use of Breeder's Apps and stuff for now, meaning that each person can only adopt ONE at a time until further notice. Just until we can get a rhythm going and we know what we can keep up with! But I'm really going to need help keeping up with sprites. I know a lot of you guys CAN recolor; it's not so bad, and the tutorial says exactly how you can go about it to get the desired look / results! ^^ I'm not going to be overly picky about this, at all. Even if we can get a bunch of people that can help infrequently, that's almost just as good as a small handful of dedicated people. So far I've got Lunar Latias and (even though I have to ask her about this again because I'm not sure where she stands on it as of now) @Suicune's Fire.

Do I need to put some kind of staff reward system in place or something? xD
    I can actually start trying to learn how to do the recolor process too if needed. Of course it'll take me more time than others because it'll be a learning process, but if I can get it down I would not mind learning and helping on that end either.

I'm still looking over a few of the pages and all myself. Checking over things and making sure I have everything down so I can be as much help once it gets started as possible. I'm sure as long as we get everyone sorted out in the zones it should work out really well! It may not be something you can do every single day, but that should be fine too. I think that sounds good with the Breeder's App. Maybe starting out a bit slower is the better thing. Pulling in the activity as it comes and all.

I think if you make some kind of staff reward system it shouldn't be anything too overly giving to the point it gives a super unfair advantage to the regular members.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I can actually start trying to learn how to do the recolor process too if needed. Of course it'll take me more time than others because it'll be a learning process, but if I can get it down I would not mind learning and helping on that end either.

I'm still looking over a few of the pages and all myself. Checking over things and making sure I have everything down so I can be as much help once it gets started as possible. I'm sure as long as we get everyone sorted out in the zones it should work out really well! It may not be something you can do every single day, but that should be fine too. I think that sounds good with the Breeder's App. Maybe starting out a bit slower is the better thing. Pulling in the activity as it comes and all.

I think if you make some kind of staff reward system it shouldn't be anything too overly giving to the point it gives a super unfair advantage to the regular members.
    That would be great! Take however much time you need, though.

Hahah, I totally understand. I appreciate nonetheless that you've shown interest in helping. Really helps me out a ton! And yeah, everyone has their own lives to attend to, but from what I can tell pretty much no one who has taken a part of PP has been impatient. xD So we should be okay there! c:

Yeah, I was thinking small things; maybe a certain amount of in-game cash based on how much each helper has...well, helped, or like a monthly amount of cash everyone gets equally. :o I don't plan on limiting the team to a certain number of people; I'm honestly thinking whoever wants to help is fair game. But we'll see how this goes; I most likely won't implement anything big like that without first thinking it over. x]

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

@Speed-X GCEA implemented a staff reward system where they would gain a certain amount of money based on what jobs they did each week. Perhaps if you wanted to go along those lines we could do something like that? Or maybe a bonus Pokemon, or item, or something. xD Nothing overly large, though.

As of right now I don't want to commit to Prism given that I'll be co-hosting Stalkers as well. After that wraps up, then I'd be glad to help, but I don't want to poke my finger in too many pies at once and then let someone down. D:

9. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    As of right now I don't want to commit to Prism given that I'll be co-hosting Stalkers as well. After that wraps up, then I'd be glad to help, but I don't want to poke my finger in too many pies at once and then let someone down. D:
    No worries at all! I forgot you were helping with that. I definitely don't want you to overload yourself.

Additionally I'm wondering if I should double the post amount required for evolving Pokemon. :o I think it may help slow it downa little without making the embargo of the Breeder items necessary.

------------

No worries at all! I forgot you were helping with that. I definitely don't want you to overload yourself.

Additionally I'm wondering if I should double the post amount required for evolving Pokemon. :o I think it may help slow it downa little without making the embargo of the Breeder items necessary.
    Yeah, sorry about that. D: In the new year I'd be able to, provided that Stalkers is finished (or if it's not too busy between Neo and I).

Additionally I'm wondering if I should double the post amount required for evolving Pokemon. :o I think it may help slow it down a little without making the embargo of the Breeder items necessary.
    How quick were people finishing posts before? Those that post in the Fun/Games section a lot would blow through them, but others might not. Like VPP got really slow after a while. xD Maybe, once it's started back up, you could see how things went. If the workload is too much, or people are finishing too fast, then you can up the post count.

Or, yeah, you can up the post count and still enable the Breeder items. Either way it'll probably work out about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post

How quick were people finishing posts before? Those that post in the Fun/Games section a lot would blow through them, but others might not. Like VPP got really slow after a while. xD Maybe, once it's started back up, you could see how things went. If the workload is too much, or people are finishing too fast, then you can up the post count.

Or, yeah, you can up the post count and still enable the Breeder items. Either way it'll probably work out about the same.
    All of the active people went through a few a day. Then you had the crazies like Fate that went through A WHOLE BUNCH per day xD Anyway I think im going to do the embargo first. If things go smoothly Ill re-enable them and increase the post count to see how that goes

------------

14. This post has been liked by: