Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Imagionationplace - it's better than Imaginationland!

It's Good to be Back (in a way)

Y'know, as one of PE2K's moderators, it was sad for me to see each and every day, less and less activity going on around the forum. It's death knell had been rung, and the final nail in the coffin, I believe, was the URPG closure. I'm not saying goodbye to PE2K, though. Because in reality, it isn't dead.

But Shen, no one posts there anymore.

Yes, no one posts anymore on the physical PE2K forum. But you must realize that PE2K cannot simply 'die' like that. In reality, PE2K is so very much alive. And it's right here. It is PXR.

That doesn't make any sense, PXR's a new forum, started by HKim when PE2K was dying.

Precisely. Hkim started it. The guy practically running PE2K while Ryan was busy being Ryan. He shifted to new blood, not as a way of abandoning PE2K, but continuing it elsewhere, with a fresh look and idea. Because PE2K isn't a singular forum. It's not a singular site. It's not a web address, or a web page.

PE2K is a community.

So when I come to PXR, I don't feel like a newcomer here. Lots of old names I recognize, and I see there are new faces as well, new members to get to know and be friends with. I have come back home, and it feels good. Sure, there are differences, but things, looks, and ideas change as time goes by without really changing to something unrecognizable from it's previous form.

There are people who I know who have already asked me, 'Shen,' they said, 'will you miss being moderator on PE2K, a helpful guard and guide to the community?' Simply put, just because I was a moderator didn't make me any different than I was before. I was still one of you guys, one of the community, and I still guarded and guided even before I was modded. I was merely given tools to help in that endeavor with the green to my name. Will I really miss being a moderator? Eh, sure, I guess, if only because it was a position of trust and privilege, and I seemed more the kind of person people would go to for advice on things on PE2K. But that was due to the appearance of 'power.' But I can do just as much as a normal member for the community, I think. Maybe one day I can earn moderator status again, but I'm not specifically aiming to do so. I'm aiming to be a better person, a better member of the community, and ANYONE can be that.

So I do not feel different here than I do at PE2K. Because in the core of things, it is the same feeling, just a different location, a fresh coat of paint, and an updated name.

It's good to be home, PXR.

Now, some of you may know from before, that I am in the military, and that I was deployed to the Middle East. These are both true; in fact, that deployment is STILL going on (still got two or so months here). So my activity initially might be a bit...eh, slow and here-or-there for a while. But I am hoping that soon, even before physically getting back to the States, that I start being a much more active member of the community, being a writer and RPer, and, maybe someday, an artist (I am practicing drawing every so often, not very good at all yet BUT I can get better). But to start, I wish to integrate myself back into being a very lively part of daily life here, and be recognizable again ^^.

Catch you guys soon. Feel free to shoot me any PMs or VMs, no matter who you are, old friend or new =3

*Waves*

Welcome back. I know exactly how you feel about PE2K and was sad to see it slowly die. But it's awesome to know that we have people that hate to see it go and want to keep on going.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Unovan Dark trainer and breeder Maddox's Avatar
    Welcome, Shen. Hope your deployment goes well and you guys get to come home safe.

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    *claps* Well said my friend! Glad to see you back. ^^

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Hiya Shen! Great to see you back!

Welcome to Pe2k 2.0!

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar

I agree wholeheartedly, PE2K was just a place, the community is our home, so welcome home to this new place.

Welcome back Shen ! I hope you like the new forum!

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Holy cow, haven't seen you in a long time, Shen! Welcome to the new forums.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

Woah, it's Shen! I didn't really know you personally, but I knew who you were. c:

I was previous Typhlosion Explosion/Shiny Jolteon, if you recognize those names.

Anyway, yes, your speech was beautiful. *sheds manly tear* Welcome to PXR! :D

|||||||||

Imagionationplace - it's better than Imaginationland!
    I appreciate all the feedback, guys, it's nice to see all of you again, for those I knew, and for those I didn't know, it's nice to meet you!

So thanks a lot for the very warm welcome! Hope to have many fun times here on PXR ^^.
    VPPASBL
    Thanks to Neo Emolga (from PE2K) for the banner the avatar ^^.