Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Shouldn't we put up the original drawings of Edgar and Natalya in the references page? xD I mean, they are the original designs which work best for references. In the very least, they should be present in the thread somewhere.

Also, I'm finally making progress on the page! It shouldn't be long now. :]
    As I've stated, the reference thread is very much a big WIP right now. I rushed some quick color palettes for people to use until I can get a more detailed looking one. I'll be including any official references as well as smaller color references in the final thread. I personally find the smaller color banners easier to pull up for color picking while working on a page than I do the more massive full-sized references. That's why I'll be making those in addition to posting the original references later on. Though, I'm not sure if we'll have anymore full-sized references since that would require a little more work. Maybe just for important characters. We'll see. I promise the thread will be more organized and include any/all references though!

And take your time with the page! We're all excited, but by no means don't feel rushed! ^_^ Don't let the speed of crazy people like myself/Major make you feel you need to have 1-4 day turnarounds too. If you need a little more time past the 2 week 'limit' - just say so! So long as the page is started and whatnot, adding a little time to the limit isn't a problem at all.

EDIT: Fiiiiiiinally done with the page! Disclaimer: I'm terrible at highlights. Dunno how to do 'em. .-.

I hope nobody minds; I added "[COMIC]" to the comic thread so that it's more clear what it is to people who aren't working on the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    As I've stated, the reference thread is very much a big WIP right now. I rushed some quick color palettes for people to use until I can get a more detailed looking one. I'll be including any official references as well as smaller color references in the final thread. I personally find the smaller color banners easier to pull up for color picking while working on a page than I do the more massive full-sized references. That's why I'll be making those in addition to posting the original references later on. Though, I'm not sure if we'll have anymore full-sized references since that would require a little more work. Maybe just for important characters. We'll see. I promise the thread will be more organized and include any/all references though!

And take your time with the page! We're all excited, but by no means don't feel rushed! ^_^ Don't let the speed of crazy people like myself/Major make you feel you need to have 1-4 day turnarounds too. If you need a little more time past the 2 week 'limit' - just say so! So long as the page is started and whatnot, adding a little time to the limit isn't a problem at all.
    Okay, sounds good. Thanks for the clarification.

The thing is, it would have been easy in any normal week for me but this week has been unusually busy. At least now it's finally done!

Also, could we please be authorised to add our own comic pages to the Smackjeeves comic? :] It said I was unauthorised.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

EDIT: Fiiiiiiinally done with the page! Disclaimer: I'm terrible at highlights. Dunno how to do 'em. .-.

I hope nobody minds; I added "[COMIC]" to the comic thread so that it's more clear what it is to people who aren't working on the comic.

The thing is, it would have been easy in any normal week for me but this week has been unusually busy. At least now it's finally done!

Also, could we please be authorised to add our own comic pages to the Smackjeeves comic? :] It said I was unauthorised.
    OMG I LOVE IT!!!

Wow, wow, wow, what an epic job! Holy crap snacks (you know the reference), your page is AWESOME!!! I love the Natalya laughing part. That made me laugh!

4. This post has been liked by:

Wonderful job on the page! =D Looks great!

And yeah, sorry about that. I got permissions in for everyone the other day- you came in a bit later so I sorta forgot. Should be fixed now! I put up the page already, but you should be able to do so on your own in the future!

Comic looks great so far. Its blending together really well!

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Experienced Trainer pokemon trainer Felix's Avatar
    The new page is lovely and very funny with Natalyas reaction.

Also nekomata could you put please put me in the list of
    Artists and stuff thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    OMG I LOVE IT!!!

Wow, wow, wow, what an epic job! Holy crap snacks (you know the reference), your page is AWESOME!!! I love the Natalya laughing part. That made me laugh!
    Aww, thanks Neo! XD You're too kind. I'm so glad it made you laugh! XD I have a feeling she's gonna be a really fun character. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    Wonderful job on the page! =D Looks great!

And yeah, sorry about that. I got permissions in for everyone the other day- you came in a bit later so I sorta forgot. Should be fixed now! I put up the page already, but you should be able to do so on your own in the future!
    Thanks, Neko! 8D That means a lot coming from you.

Ah, it's no worries. Yeah I did jump in late. xD Thanks! I'm excited to see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    Comic looks great so far. Its blending together really well!
    Thanks, Max! :] I think so too! Even with the style differences, it still looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon trainer Felix View Post
    Thank you, Felix! <3 Ahaha glad you thought so.

Aww, thanks Neo! XD You're too kind. I'm so glad it made you laugh! XD I have a feeling she's gonna be a really fun character. xD

Ah, it's no worries. Yeah I did jump in late. xD Thanks! I'm excited to see where this goes.

Thanks, Max! :] I think so too! Even with the style differences, it still looks awesome.

Most popular American comics are like this. Different artist take over after storylines end. So this reminds me of that.
    Last edited by Rival Max; 02-18-2017 at 01:11 AM.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Most popular American comics are like this. Different take over after storylines end. So this reminds me of that.
    Oh, that's pretty cool then. :]

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon trainer Felix View Post

Also nekomata could you put please put me in the list of
    Artists and stuff thanks in advance
    Most popular American comics are like this. Different artist take over after storylines end. So this reminds me of that.

No problem! I forget that it doesn't give you any permissions by default when I accepted the application. Silly me.

As for how American comics work- my favorite ongoing series is an american comic. For the most part, it's got one 'main' artist that has done a good majority of the issues- but every so often another artist will come in and fill a story arc. It's not uncommon to see comics rotate artists are more regular basis than that though- especially between DC and Marvel where they want to get issues out ASAP. I personally like that my favorite has a main artist- but that's cause his ink-work is godly amazing. The fill ins just can't compete. xD On very rare occasion you'll see two artists work on the same issue- but it's usually split by issues or story arcs.

And Felix: Will do!

---------------

Lastly, we've been going strong for two weeks now. The Smackjeeves site has gotten a bit of attention lately! I'm sure some of this has something to do with seeing the likes of Liokora and Scyther on the project. Pretty good stats for a comic 4 pages in!