Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
Well the thing is, I'm not out to them. They don't know. So to made a long story short, I got re-elected to student senate. And the committee I got put on this year is the Inclusion & Equity committee, whose purpose is to ensure everyone from all walks of life feels welcome and is treated fairly on campus. It's a really cool committee that, for example, during the height of the Muslim Travel Ban in the US started a still running program called "Meet Your Muslim Neighbor" where the Muslim Student Association on campus twice a month hands out donuts around campus and lets people come talk and meet with Muslim students. However, it is also colloquially known as the Gay Committee by people who don't support it. They see it as just a committee that is for gay people by gay people, which is actually quite far from the truth. Well, when my parents found out I was part of this committee, they were so angry. I'll spar you the whole conversation but they were accusing me of being gay like it was a bad thing and saying that this is why no one wants to date me and that I was being unjustly punished. My dad, one of the nicest men I know and my role model for years, even cracked a joke saying I should have an event that welcomes gays... into a church. Except he did not use the word gay. He used something much more derogatory. And hearing that come out of his mouth gave me whiplash. And it's especially hard because I actually really want to be a part of this committee since part of my re-election campaign was to make people feel welcome and equal on campus, no matter what. So to hear the, be so mad about it, especially since I'm gay, hurts.

Nope. Not a thing. The charger seems to be working fine for now and I ordered a new one to get here sometime next week just to be safe. But the necklace is just gone. I kept the string it was on since she left that part of the necklace (nothing else), and since it was a custom style necklace I'm going to try and make a new one. But it's heartbreaking because that necklace was a gift. And, quite candidly, I'd feel guilty if she got fired over it even if she's breaking my things. I can afford to get new ones, but since I don't know her financial situation, I don't want to cause her to lose her house or something.
Yeah neither was I to my parents when they used to make comments like that. But jeeez, what your dad said is horrible. I just don't understand how it's a problem. Ignorance at its finest. It sounds like an awesome committee! What a lovely thing to do! I hate when people take something positive and kind and spit on it because they have a random, unfounded hatred for it. Just let everyone else be? >.> *hugs* I hope that one day, they grow a heart.

That's so freaking weird. Well she did stuff like that intentionally so she deserves consequences. Obviously not something super serious like lose her house. xD But like...that's theft. And destruction of your property. What is her problem?