Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    So, at 9:45 AM EST tomorrow, I will be undergoing a wisdom teeth removal. I am not sure how long I will be in the surgery (I think they said like an hour but I can't remember). However, I will say that I am likely to be very loopy and ornery for several hours, if not the entire day following the surgery. That being said, if I say anything really out of the ordinary, rude, or mean to any of you, do not take it to heart. I do not mean it and simply am in a bad mood due to being in pain/under medical effects. I should be better by Tuesday, at the latest Wednesday, but I just thought I should warn you. I plan to reply to BB and anything else I can tonight, but I can't guarantee how I will feel in the coming days so, sorry.
    Oh, goodness. Well, good luck! I hope it isn't too painful. ;w;

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Oh, goodness. Well, good luck! I hope it isn't too painful. ;w;
    My wisdom teeth have barely even formed so it shouldn't hurt much and it's not like I haven't had teeth removed before so it's not unusual for me, but who knows.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I'm probably the only one who didn't take ANY painkillers after my wisdoms were pulled. xD Although I did only have the top two out; I was unable to get the bottom two removed due to them being close to nerves... :/

I heard the bottom teeth are more painful than the top ones, though. And it's also harder to eat. It was hard to eat with just two of them out, I can't imagine four! 3: Anyway apart from living off mushy goodness for a while, you should be fine. Take painkillers if it hurts, and yeah, like Neo said, make sure they give you something during surgery so you'll remain numb for a while. I think they usually do, anyway.

Administrator

My wisdom teeth have barely even formed so it shouldn't hurt much and it's not like I haven't had teeth removed before so it's not unusual for me, but who knows.
    As long as they haven't pushed out of the gums then it shouldn't be too bad. In fact, I dunno how they will do it for you, but even the wait isn't very long or bad. They took me in there, the nurse hooked the IV (I think it was) in me and put the mask over my face. By the time the doctor came in I said hey and that's all I remember. I was out after that.

The aftermath was just a little painful in the mouth is all. They prescribed me medicine to take, but it was really only soup, ramen noodles, and mashed potatoes for the next few days. I remember I tried eating pizza on day 2 xD it hurt, but after so much soft foods it was amazing! I needed something cool just to sit on my cheeks at times to help keep the (very slight) swelling down. Actually the reminds me...I had a customer come up to my register yesterday. The just mumbled and their friends with them just kept laughing and asking him questions. He would just continue to mumble. I looked at him closer and his cheeks were massively swollen and he had gauze in his mouth as well. Oh well that was just odd. Anyway, just follow the guidelines on what they tell you to eat and don't use a straw for sure (that hurts and can cause damage). Other than that it shouldn't be too bad. Good luck and hopefully the recovery time will be in no time Noble!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    As long as they haven't pushed out of the gums then it shouldn't be too bad. In fact, I dunno how they will do it for you, but even the wait isn't very long or bad. They took me in there, the nurse hooked the IV (I think it was) in me and put the mask over my face. By the time the doctor came in I said hey and that's all I remember. I was out after that.

The aftermath was just a little painful in the mouth is all. They prescribed me medicine to take, but it was really only soup, ramen noodles, and mashed potatoes for the next few days. I remember I tried eating pizza on day 2 xD it hurt, but after so much soft foods it was amazing! I needed something cool just to sit on my cheeks at times to help keep the (very slight) swelling down. Actually the reminds me...I had a customer come up to my register yesterday. The just mumbled and their friends with them just kept laughing and asking him questions. He would just continue to mumble. I looked at him closer and his cheeks were massively swollen and he had gauze in his mouth as well. Oh well that was just odd. Anyway, just follow the guidelines on what they tell you to eat and don't use a straw for sure (that hurts and can cause damage). Other than that it shouldn't be too bad. Good luck and hopefully the recovery time will be in no time Noble!
    The entire ride home following the surgery I was apparently singing Christmas carols. I also started crying when I thought my dad stole my nose. XD I don't have yet gauzes in my mouth anymore but I still don't feel like eating or drinking anything. The pain medicine is helping but I just don't feel like doing anything.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

The entire ride home following the surgery I was apparently singing Christmas carols. I also started crying when I thought my dad stole my nose. XD I don't have yet gauzes in my mouth anymore but I still don't feel like eating or drinking anything. The pain medicine is helping but I just don't feel like doing anything.
    Yeah, I don't recommend doing too much. I had all four taken out at once (one of them even required a part of my jaw to be removed), so I was under as much pain as possible during the recovery period. Take it as if you have a fever and just rest in bed for a good while.

Relax, watch something light like a comedy show or something like a Pixar/Dreamworks movie. If you get thirsty, drink from a straw. You might also have to spit out blood from time to time (I certainly had to, it was just morbid). Take things easy and you'll be fine. The worst part is already over, so you've got that much going for you!

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Relax, watch something light like a comedy show or something like a Pixar/Dreamworks movie. If you get thirsty, drink from a straw. You might also have to spit out blood from time to time (I certainly had to, it was just morbid). Take things easy and you'll be fine. The worst part is already over, so you've got that much going for you!
    I wouldn't recommend comedies, cause laughing or smiling hurts too much. xD NO, NEO! You're not supposed to drink from straws. D: It's bad for you and can cause damage, like Chakra said.

Also ew. Did the stitches not work for you? :/ I didn't bleed anywhere.

8. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, I don't recommend doing too much. I had all four taken out at once (one of them even required a part of my jaw to be removed), so I was under as much pain as possible during the recovery period. Take it as if you have a fever and just rest in bed for a good while.

I had all four taken out, but they said don't drink from a straw or spit, because it'll cause the wounds to start bleeding again. I've been watching stuff all day though. I watched Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2 and I just finished Kung Fu Panda 2. Now I'm watching the incredibles.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Yeah having all four removed at once was way easier (and cheaper because no needing to pay for the anesthesia again even with insurance). Also no having to deal with the pain twice. Luckily they put in the dissolvable stitches. Yeah don't drink from straws. You don't wanna damage your gums and cause dry sockets/pockets (I forget the term). Like Gemma said don't try to do anything that'll make you laugh. Hurts your cheeks (unless you like puffy cheeks that hurt and turn super dark/bright red).

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post

I wouldn't recommend comedies, cause laughing or smiling hurts too much. xD NO, NEO! You're not supposed to drink from straws. D: It's bad for you and can cause damage, like Chakra said.

Also ew. Did the stitches not work for you? :/ I didn't bleed anywhere.
    Really? Hmm, my bad, I guess they never told me that one about not drinking from a straw. But then again, it was more than thirteen years ago for me, so eh... I might have forgotten. Sorry about that... v.v;;

My wisdom teeth were coming in sideways, and they had to completely knock me out cold before they took all four of them out. They had to do in all four spots stitches and I was bleeding A LOT. Maybe I didn't keep the gauze in long enough, but it was pretty bad that first day and I highly doubted swallowing that blood would have been better than spitting it out.

Maybe what I went through was not the same case as you guys.