Page 203 of 365 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 3644

Thread: Other Chat DCC

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Oh, for sure. That happened to me in a job. They hired 15 year olds and started giving them all the shifts instead of giving them to the 20 year old. xD It's a shame. =/

Networking helps in many areas, but they're better for the creative fields. THAT'S when you want to network. Funnily enough I only got this interview because I knew one of the managers. xD

I know right? xD It's not always true, obviously, but it's annoying when they push that it's the most important thing, only to be like "TRAINING AND EDUCATION IS REALLY IMPORTANT!!!" Mixed signals. I did a games design course for two years and that industry is about what you know and who you know. But knowing people is key in that industry. That, or making your own games and somehow being really good at it, then getting attention for it.

BUT!!!!!!!!! GUESS WHAT! I have a trial thing on Tuesday. :D And Sam has an interview on Tuesday as well! XD I got a call the day before yesterday and she told me that on Tuesday I can come in and have a look 'behind the counter' to see if it's what I want to be doing. And she said if all works out, then I'll start getting put on shifts. :] So yeah, pretty exciting! I can finally get teh moneyz!
    Yay! Well hopefully it continues to work out for you and you like what you see!

Actually I find it weird. Right around the time you guys brought up the mod applications (I'm talking like days after I hear this), but one of the higher ups at my store came up to me and told me he's trying to push the general manager to move me over to another department. After getting the "mod trial" he came back to me and said he the manager got back to him and told him "he's all for it. It'd just be another few weeks." Odd how things work out like that sometimes. Good news is, it's a full-time position. Bad news, less time here while more time at the same time. Just mainly.....I won't get to talk to many of you over there in Australia for very long each day anymore. The new schedule would be from 5am-1pm Mondays-Fridays (YAY Weekends off!). So sorry Gemma. I won't get as much time to talk to you on skype anymore ;-; at least I can talk a little

Anyway I hope the best for you Xanthe! Good luck on the finalization for the job and I hope it works out well for you! Getting money is great after working.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yay! Well hopefully it continues to work out for you and you like what you see!

Actually I find it weird. Right around the time you guys brought up the mod applications (I'm talking like days after I hear this), but one of the higher ups at my store came up to me and told me he's trying to push the general manager to move me over to another department. After getting the "mod trial" he came back to me and said he the manager got back to him and told him "he's all for it. It'd just be another few weeks." Odd how things work out like that sometimes. Good news is, it's a full-time position. Bad news, less time here while more time at the same time. Just mainly.....I won't get to talk to many of you over there in Australia for very long each day anymore. The new schedule would be from 5am-1pm Mondays-Fridays (YAY Weekends off!). So sorry Gemma. I won't get as much time to talk to you on skype anymore ;-; at least I can talk a little

Anyway I hope the best for you Xanthe! Good luck on the finalization for the job and I hope it works out well for you! Getting money is great after working.
    O: I guess we will! xD

Oh wow, really? xD Congratulations! :D That's so awesome! I love how it corresponded. xD Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my gosh, 5am. Kill me now. I couldn't do that. x___x Good luck with it all!

Thank you. c: I hope it goes well too! I don't wanna mess anything up on my first day. xD YES IT IS GREAT.

Administrator

O: I guess we will! xD

Oh wow, really? xD Congratulations! :D That's so awesome! I love how it corresponded. xD Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my gosh, 5am. Kill me now. I couldn't do that. x___x Good luck with it all!

Thank you. c: I hope it goes well too! I don't wanna mess anything up on my first day. xD YES IT IS GREAT.
    Thanks Xanthe haha, yeah I thought it was so odd how 2 things I had on my mind at the time just came up out of the blue like that (though I had a feeling about the mod thing since I had brought it up recently and the way some responses on the matter were....I think Sam gave it away if anything xD). Well it's not as bad if I get sleep early. Meaning less time to talk with you all late a night during the weekdays. So that's one thing I'll truly miss most of all ;-;.........but real life outside the forums takes priority and all I guess. Just gonna miss it all =/

Good thing is that means I get off at 1pm and have the rest of the day to myself. Would feel so nice getting off that early....but going in at 5am....is gonna take some getting used to lol

EDIT: oh and don't worry about it on your first day. Me? I was nervous and shaky most of the day. See if you can have water breaks there cause that helped my nerves a lot throughout the day. Now, it's like a common thing and I'm not nervous. Once I got used to it after about a week it was all good. Only thing I get confused on is when something odd happens

Like yesterday 2 things kinda put me in a depressed like mood.

1) The thought I just mentioned to you came up about not being able to talk to you guys in Australia as much or Gemma on Skype

but 2) This old guy came up to my register and tried using a check. It was declined, so I tried again, it declined again...I tried one final time and same thing. So he didn't know what was going on and he called the bank they told him what they could and one of the leads up front gave him a number he could call to find out from a store corporate level why it was declined, but I felt so bad because he said he loves the store so much he drives out of his way 150miles just to shop there ;-;

They did end up helping him and process the check another way so that it goes through manually rather than through the computer so luckily he got what he came all that way for. Still made me feel bad I couldn't help the guy

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

BUT!!!!!!!!! GUESS WHAT! I have a trial thing on Tuesday. :D And Sam has an interview on Tuesday as well! XD I got a call the day before yesterday and she told me that on Tuesday I can come in and have a look 'behind the counter' to see if it's what I want to be doing. And she said if all works out, then I'll start getting put on shifts. :] So yeah, pretty exciting! I can finally get teh moneyz!
    Bear with me, I've been out of the loop for a while! Weekends for me are usually pretty social. Had a party on Saturday and Sunday night is Game of Thrones night.

Good luck on your trial! No sweat it, you'll do fine! You're smart, cool, fun, and friendly, and they really couldn't ask more out of you with that. Besides, usually the first day of the job is just figuring out where everything is and meeting everyone. I've been at six different offices before, it's pretty much all the same when it comes to first days on the job. First days of training are usually pretty lax also with just introductions and that kind of thing. They're not going to throw you to the wolves on your first day without help.

You'll do great. :D

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    @Suicune's Fire Good luck on your trial! >u< I know you can do it! KNOCK 'EM DEAD And when you get the job, come back and tell us ALL about teh moneyz you'll be earning! :p

Senior Administrator

Wow, this has been dead for kind of a while.

Anyway, I just found out the Neo Destiny Shining Charizard TCG card I have is valued at almost $100. And here I just had it sitting in a cardboard box doing nothing! I'm debating whether to hold onto it or sell it while its hot, but I did at least put it in a double-layered protective cover for now.

If we teamed up we'd be Neo Destiny.

8. This post has been liked by:

Experienced Trainer Daughter of Mew's Avatar
    I have that gold star delta Mew from EX Dragon Frontiers. One that's PSA Grade 10 is worth around Ł160 (about $230US/$320AUS). I got it out of a random pack and it's probably one of the best cards I ever pulled. Unfortunately, Mew-obsessed 10 year old Beth decided to carry it round everywhere so it's in terrible condition and probably worth about Ł1 if I'm lucky :|

Senior Administrator

Ouch, that sucks. Yeah, thankfully this Shining Charizard is in near-mint condition even though I played with it a few times. Most of the foil cards I have keep running into the same issue where the holographic art got scratched up from game play.

Experienced Trainer Daughter of Mew's Avatar
    I have that with my older cards too, but I started collecting properly in the last few years, now I barely even touch them before they're in a sleeve!! This Mew card is worse than scratched though, it's got a folded over corner and is frayed round the edges uggghhhh. Looking at it makes me feel a bit sick tbh D: