Page 167 of 365 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 3646

Thread: Other Chat DCC

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    The new Nintendo World store basically had minor shifting of stuff around. Basically mostly placement differences from the old one, and like a new amiibo shelf or something. Honestly I was a bit underwhelmed by it while I was over there last weekend (I didn't participate in the launch, because of work and not wanting to wait in line for 5 hours).

So ya, I actually live in nyc. The subway is full of weirdos, rats, and whatever infestations you want to have. :P

Most locals uber if they want a ride in the city. It's generally cheaper to uber in the city than taxis. Then again, the cheapest way is always subway/walking.

Rent anywhere in nyc is nothing short of astronomical. :P
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

I wish out west we had a public transit system like you guys on the east. If you're without a car here then you're considered SOL, they're pretty much a necessity out here

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jerm$ View Post
    I wish out west we had a public transit system like you guys on the east. If you're without a car here then you're considered SOL, they're pretty much a necessity out here
    In NJ, where I am, you're pretty screwed without a car. Public transit is pretty flimsy. If your home and place of work aren't both near a train station or bus stop and you don't have a car, you're pretty screwed also.

And then on the other side, people drive like they decided to let their dog or cat have a turn behind the wheel.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    NYC is great to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. There's a pesky little thing called rent that makes it a problem. When I was younger, I thought living in Hawaii would be cool. What a coincidence, it has the same problem!

Also, the Nintendo World store was disappointing the last time I went. I liked it when it was the Pokemon Center because it had all kinds of awesome and unique stuff that made the trip worth it. I'd burn through $100 and never felt a ping of shame about it. But the last two times I went to the Nintendo World store, I came out empty-handed because there was so little for sale (most of the floor is now just reserved for various game stations) and most of it was stuff I knew I could just buy online (t-shirts and video games). The really unique merchandise that you can't get anywhere else is almost all gone... :\

Also, if you wear a t-shirt size that's XL or above, don't plan on being able to find anything in your size. Everything is L and below. Besides, if you want really great Pokemon (or just about any fandom) t-shirts, go with teepublic.com. They custom-make them there, there are tons of awesome designs from independent artists to pick from, and they often have sales where everything is $14 or below. I've gotten six t-shirts from there already and I'm always seeing more than I want, but I'm already overloaded. XD
    Yeah I found that out when I grew up xD. How life's not that easy and the dream was nothing more than a child's dream then. When I actually went there it wasn't exactly what I thought, but it was still amazing. I've actually never been to Hawaii, but I'd like to go. Again, that place would be too hot for me. Hate it here as is, but just can't escape it lol.

Honest opinion yeah...the NintendobWorod store was disappointing. I barely saw any good Pokemon stuff. Though BW stuff was all I could find it being the newest gen at the time and all. So Pikachu, Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott, Emolga, etc stuff. Nothing I saw worth buying which....was disappointing. I still remember those awesome photos in Nintendo Power showing the "Pokemon Center" there. Maaaaaaan I wish I was able to be there for that instead. Looked so much better =/. Oh well I guess that just means I'll be seeing a few of them while I'm in Japan (probably sometime over the Summer). I'll probably go broke there......or lose my mind. Either or xD

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Oh well I guess that just means I'll be seeing a few of them while I'm in Japan (probably sometime over the Summer). I'll probably go broke there......or lose my mind. Either or xD
    Do both. You only live once!

Also, definitely let us know how that trip goes. That sounds like it would be a cool thing to blog about.

Administrator

Well I know most of them there don't like filming of the store. Pictures I'm sure would be fine (though I may sneak a video xD). You can count on me taking pictures there though. A good story to blog about. The adventures I'll have in Japan......maybe I'll go during the next Pikachu invasion....xD. Join the army invasion. They will one day reign supreme!

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Well I know most of them there don't like filming of the store. Pictures I'm sure would be fine (though I may sneak a video xD). You can count on me taking pictures there though. A good story to blog about. The adventures I'll have in Japan......maybe I'll go during the next Pikachu invasion....xD. Join the army invasion. They will one day reign supreme!
    I, for one, welcome our new Pikachu overlords.

But yeah, I wish the awesome Pikachu mascot costumes they use for those marches were for sale.

Administrator

I, for one, welcome our new Pikachu overlords.

But yeah, I wish the awesome Pikachu mascot costumes they use for those marches were for sale.

Least I know I'm not the only one that wants one lol. It's so true. I'd join them if I could! The overlords will take over with song and dance, but over all reign supreme with an......iron tail?

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Least I know I'm not the only one that wants one lol. It's so true. I'd join them if I could! The overlords will take over with song and dance, but over all reign supreme with an......iron tail?
    I see what you did there. XD

I almost got tricked into buying a knock-off and I've become pretty cautious. This one MIGHT be legit, though, and it's on sale. It recently popped up and got two great reviews so... ah, what to do...

Administrator

I see what you did there. XD

I almost got tricked into buying a knock-off and I've become pretty cautious. This one MIGHT be legit, though, and it's on sale. It recently popped up and got two great reviews so... ah, what to do...
    xD yup...it just hit me like a thunder and I had to roll with it (can't believe I forgot about these emotes lol)

I remember you linking that one you mentioned before. After you asked them for a picture of it...yeah it was a cheap knockoff from what the picture really showed. With this one doing the same (even if it shows dimensions and all), it would still be good to stay cautious about it and try to contact them and ask if they can provide a picture of one.

The time is upon us...