Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 2DS?!

*scratches head* Nintendo normally remains technologically stagnant... Why are they regressing? Both the size and removal of technology is odd...

looks like this thing will be aimed more at kids, set up more like my nephews leap frog.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    You can think I'm weird, but I think the design is nice. I might get it, because of the cheaper price and my will to play Pokemon Y.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by DesperadoBRT View Post
    since it's cheaper than the XL.
    The XL is well worth the extra cost, imo. The graphics look so much better and when folded, it's about the same size as a Samsung Galaxy S3, which makes it really easy to hang on to if you hold it like a clutch purse.

I can't think of anything to say that hasn't already been stated numerous times, so yeah. In essence, I don't plan on getting one for the same reasons most other people don't want one. I'm 100% content with my 3DSXL. ♥

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post

The XL is well worth the extra cost, imo. The graphics look so much better and when folded, it's about the same size as a Samsung Galaxy S3, which makes it really easy to hang on to if you hold it like a clutch purse.

I can't think of anything to say that hasn't already been stated numerous times, so yeah. In essence, I don't plan on getting one for the same reasons most other people don't want one. I'm 100% content with my 3DSXL. ♥
    Well yeah, I don't see a point of getting a 2DS if you have a 3DSXL. But if you're like me and don't want to spend $70 more for nicer graphics and 3D, you should get the 2DS.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    This. I'm not sure why they didn't make it fold-able, it's just beyond me. Really, if you want to protect your eyesight, don't play with the 3D on. :P There are settings for that on the 3DS itself!

Nintendo, I'm not sure what you were thinking here.
    If I remember right a slate form factor is cheaper to construct than the clam shell, something to do with the hinges and the leads that connect the bottom half and top half.

I think the 2DS just looks a little unwieldy and bulky. The placement of the shoulder/trigger buttons look a bit uncomfortable

The design is balls for portability, which is the selling point of a handheld.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Well yeah, I don't see a point of getting a 2DS if you have a 3DSXL.
    Unless there are some 2DS-exclusive games that seem interesting. I really hope GF doesn't make a Pokemon game for the 2DS cos I really don't want to feel obligated to buy one. :/

Quote Originally Posted by J U Ice View Post
    If I remember right a slate form factor is cheaper to construct than the clam shell, something to do with the hinges and the leads that connect the bottom half and top half.
    If there is any difference in the production costs, I highly, highly doubt it's a notable amount. A lack of some screws and bolts wouldn't be the reason (or even a contribution to) why the system costs $50 less. :P

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post

Unless there are some 2DS-exclusive games that seem interesting. I really hope GF doesn't make a Pokemon game for the 2DS cos I really don't want to feel obligated to buy one. :/

If there is any difference in the production costs, I highly, highly doubt it's a notable amount. A lack of some screws and bolts wouldn't be the reason (or even a contribution to) why the system costs $50 less. :P
    It's not so much the parts but the extra work it takes to put together. It's kind of like taking a car to a car shop, the labor usually costs more than the parts.

You want something that big go get an iPad. There's nothing that makes me wanna buy it.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]