Page 263 of 302 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 3015
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Makes me wonder what they were planning to do there.

It costs me $20 just to go to the city. But yeah, it's way better to take a train in rather than drive. Cheaper and easier.
    Greyhound buses still exist up there to NYC right?

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Greyhound buses still exist up there to NYC right?
    Hmm, that I don't know. I don't usually take the bus, but I would be surprised if they didn't.

Administrator

Hmm, that I don't know. I don't usually take the bus, but I would be surprised if they didn't.
    I was just curious because a friend I had in Philly back in 2011 when I went to NY told me I could hop on a Greyhound bus and come see him, but the AAA people we had had us booked for a Greyhound into the city. When we asked the service desk at the airport where it was we needed to go for t they flat out told us "we don't have Greyhound here anymore." Made no sense xD.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I was just curious because a friend I had in Philly back in 2011 when I went to NY told me I could hop on a Greyhound bus and come see him, but the AAA people we had had us booked for a Greyhound into the city. When we asked the service desk at the airport where it was we needed to go for t they flat out told us "we don't have Greyhound here anymore." Made no sense xD.
    Maybe check their website to see if they still operate around there. If not, there's got to be some other kind of alternative.

Taking the train is an option too. To me, I think that might even be faster.

Administrator

There's always other options. Yeah we ended up just takin a shuttle van into the city to our location. I still remember I had bad jet lag or something because I was bedridden that first night. It was cool and rainy the first 3 days too.

The time is upon us...

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Yeah, I always take a train into NYC.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Yeah, I always take a train into NYC.
    Same. Parking is both expensive and impossible, and never mind the anarchy of the way people drive. I take the train into New York Penn Station and from there take whatever subways I need to use to get to where I need to go. Or if it's a nice day, I'll walk provided where I need to go isn't too far away.

Administrator

Yeah walking around was tough, but even a bike taxi was rough and expensive.

It must just be how it is up there, but riding into the city on that main road (I think it was 8 lanes. At least with as busy as it was it LOOKED like it) it was insane! Nothing like it down here. People pulling RIGHT out in front of you. Like you'd think these big 18-wheelers have no time to stop talking that close. Even in the 8 lane traffic was backed up like bumper to bumper.

I've heard subway is the better way to get around, but if it was close (which Rockefeller Center wasn't too far from where we were staying in Time Square). Man I miss some of the places up there though for sure. Pax is one of those restaurants. Heck we got treated poorly at the Olive Garden up there so our meal was free. We were told at the Red Lobster we tried going to it would be a 2 1/2 hour wait and were given a pager. We went to the bar area and a group was getting up. We just sat down and a waiter just came up to us, took the pager and our order xD. We got lucky a few times for sure. Main regret is I didn't get anything at the Nintendo World/Pokémon Center.

The time is upon us...

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Same. Parking is both expensive and impossible, and never mind the anarchy of the way people drive. I take the train into New York Penn Station and from there take whatever subways I need to use to get to where I need to go. Or if it's a nice day, I'll walk provided where I need to go isn't too far away.
    It's easy for me too, since I live within walking distance of the Princeton Junction station.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.