Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

Would anyone be interested in a Pokémon magical idol roleplay akin to Aikatsu or PriPara?
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Would anyone be interested in a Pokémon magical idol roleplay akin to Aikatsu or PriPara?
    I'm not too sure what those two things are.

I might, but I would definitely need some more details. How exactly would you set this up and what would be the background storyline?

Senior Moderator

Wikis to the rescue!

All about Aikatsu
    All about PriPara

My basic premise (so far):

All across the Pokeworld, idols both male and female capture the hearts and imaginations of millions. But what many don't realize is that there are special schools just for idols to hone their skills in performance, as well as training the next generation of idols.

Our story revolves around a band of idols-in-training and their adventures at Rainbow Music Academy in Kanto, and how they take the Pokeworld by storm.

The basic goal of the story would be to become the #1 idol (or idol unit) in Kanto (with the door left open for a world tour), as well as dealing with day to day life as an idol and the ups and downs of fame.

Idols are grouped into Cute, Cool, Beautiful, and Exotic for girls, and Dreamy, Heartthrob, Charming and Rugged for boys.

While you are performing, you may trigger a Star Power, a special magic that manifests in an idol's heart and takes form in their passion for the music.

Songs from any anime (and maybe even American/European cartoons) would be fair game to use as songs.
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 06-13-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    The first of my internships is ending in two weeks and I really want to get back into RPing, so I have been thinking of trying to start one and get it up and running. I have a ouple of ideas bouncing around, so I would be interested in hearing which of them attract the most interest and if there are any suggestions that people have for them. So, without further adieu, my current ideas for RPs:

1. A Pokemon Version of the Fate Series, except with Legendary Pokemon replacing historical figures. So the premise is that once every sixty years, a magical artifact appears and seven mages (so magic exists in this version of the Pokemon world, although it is not a widely known factor) summon Legendary Pokemon to be their servants and fight one another, with the winner receiving a wish. Some mages enter for personal reasons, other for glory, but all of them have to navigate tenuous relationships and alliances not only with their Servants and any other supporters, but also with each other. Betrayal and deception are common tools and politicking can be just as instrumental for victory as outright power.

2. An adaptation of Battle Royale, a novel I finally finished this past winter. Possibly involving Pokemon, possibly not. I suppose that there are some ways to make the setting more interesting, but I am honestly curious to see and be surprised by the characters and situations created by the RPers versus the GM. (This is actually a common thread in all of these three ideas for me, albeit differing in intensity from concept to concept). This is probably the least thought out of the three ideas I am presenting here today.

3. This is kind of the blockbuster of the bunch, and not just because Neo played a huge hand in helping germinate the idea. No One Said Goodbye (killer title, right) takes place in the aftermath of a mysterious global event where every single human has mysteriously disappeared, leaving the Pokemon left behind to try and pick up the pieces and figure out how to live their lives. Different factions arise and efforts to solve the mystery of just what happened and whether or not there is a way to fix it run up against the ambitions of those who do not want things to go back to the way that they used to be.

I eagerly await your thoughts.
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

The third one is a total reference to the Gone series, I feel it in my gut.

Either way, I think these are all great ideas, but the first two would be somewhat hard to manage and here's why. In my experience with Fate series, Hunger games, and other of these style roleplays, one of a few things happens. Either, you don't have enough people sign up to start the story (which wouldn't be much of a problem in 2 bevause Battle Royale did not require a certain amount of participants for it to run) or people would get into very intense debates over the deaths of their characters and others. Since the first two are technically fight to the death style roleplays, you'd have to set a system where every character's move must be reported to you before it happens and you become somewhat of a game master and you judge who can and cannot be killed. And while I get that we're all mature here, if anything this past month has shown me that not everyone is as mature here as I thought they were so the arguments that have broken out in the past are bound to break out here as well. So as awesome as the ideas for 1 and 2 are, I wouldn't advice doing them based on my personal experience. I'd still join either one if you did do them, but just know how difficult those will be to run.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphys View Post
    The third one is a total reference to the Gone series, I feel it in my gut.

Either way, I think these are all great ideas, but the first two would be somewhat hard to manage and here's why. In my experience with Fate series, Hunger games, and other of these style roleplays, one of a few things happens. Either, you don't have enough people sign up to start the story (which wouldn't be much of a problem in 2 bevause Battle Royale did not require a certain amount of participants for it to run) or people would get into very intense debates over the deaths of their characters and others. Since the first two are technically fight to the death style roleplays, you'd have to set a system where every character's move must be reported to you before it happens and you become somewhat of a game master and you judge who can and cannot be killed. And while I get that we're all mature here, if anything this past month has shown me that not everyone is as mature here as I thought they were so the arguments that have broken out in the past are bound to break out here as well. So as awesome as the ideas for 1 and 2 are, I wouldn't advice doing them based on my personal experience. I'd still join either one if you did do them, but just know how difficult those will be to run.
    Sigh, I had a hunch that having death matches would be a step too far, but a boy has to be able to dream darnit! I suppose that Battle Royale would have an easier time resolving these conflicts as there literally is a higher governing body that was able to remotely detonate the collars at will (or at whoever they choose for that matter) in the novel. It is a bit of a dilemma, I suppose, a Nuzlocke kind of situation for an RPer, where the more endangered your character is, the more attached to them you grow, but that causes you to become less willing to put them in harm's way. Of course I am an emotionless void of a human who delights in planning out the perfect dramatic character death, but that is onviously not everyone. The issue would seem to be that, absent a group of RPers willing to let their character(s) be sent to the Shadow Realm, there would need to be a fairly strict and impartial rules structure and a GM willing to enforce it, which cuts into my own ability to be part of the gang RPing and more of a pointy-haired boss. Although I do know a guy who ran a kind of BR-inspired game back on PE2K and could probably provide me some pointers on structure...

On a different track, I think that the character requirement for Fate wouldn't be too hard to circumvent as having new Masters and Servants arrive after the start could easily be written off as lurking in the shadows or some other mitigating circumstance.
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

Extra Clever Earthbound Spirit Gef's Avatar
    "General discussion" is inactive? Doesn't bode well. Is there any conversation happening off-forum? Roleplaying is inherently collaborative, after all; players should be encouraged to communicate to promote in-character activity. The funnest roleplay experiences I've had personally included an out-of-character counterpart that smoothed out any missed signals or miscommunication, though I'd hate to preach.

A lovely Secret Santa gift year round!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Gef View Post
    "General discussion" is inactive? Doesn't bode well. Is there any conversation happening off-forum? Roleplaying is inherently collaborative, after all; players should be encouraged to communicate to promote in-character activity. The funnest roleplay experiences I've had personally included an out-of-character counterpart that smoothed out any missed signals or miscommunication, though I'd hate to preach.
    Mm not really. Since I've joined PXR the Roleplay community has been fairly small. We struggle over all to keep this part of the forum alive. But feel free to bring up some topics for discussion! Every conversation has to start somewhere,
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Gef View Post
    We're a relatively small community, so it's not as active as some other forums. However, we DO love to RP and we're always open to new ideas!
    τι ζωή

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Born View Post
    We're a relatively small community, so it's not as active as some other forums. However, we DO love to RP and we're always open to new ideas!
    We've actually got a few semi active Roleplays, Born, if you're looking to get into anything
    / / / / / / / /