Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smash Bros. Characters Hopes?

So as I'm sure we ALL know by now, Smash Brothers is coming to Nintendo Switch. Yeah we don't know if its a port or a brand new game (I personally am leaning towards new) but that doesn't change the fact that they'll probably be new characters beyond the inklings recently announced. I already have a few in mind, so I thought it be fun to share some of those characters I'd like!

1#: Spring Man from Arms
    120px-SpringMan.png

So I think this first choice is pretty obvious. ARMS is a pretty big hit on Switch and is really fun game in general. While the game does have characters that are more interesting design wise, such as Mummy Master, or Max Brass, I feel like Spring Man being the series mascot practically give him a leg, or should I say, arm up above the rest. He could very easily have a Ribbon Girl Alt, with their similar body shapes. With a multitude of arm and fist variations I think making a move set would be extremely easy for Spring Man. And come on, just imagine the range this guy would have.

2# Crash Bandicoot, from Crash Bandicoot
    Crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-character-two-column-03-ps4-eu-05jul17.jpg

Now I'm sure everyone has their star guest character they'd like to have in Smash, and while I personally want Phoenix Wright to appear in the game, its not very likely that he would, so I want ahead and chose another fan favorite of mine, and some that is a lot more likely to get in the game. Witch it recently being announced Crash N-Sane Trilogy would be coming to Switch, it just seems like a smart move to add another classic gaming icon to the mix. While he has lost a lot of his popularity, back in the day Crash was a legitimate rival to that of Mario, just like Sonic. Hes a fan favorite character and with his resurgence thanks to the remastered Trilogy, he seems like a perfect fit.

3# Henry Fleming, from Codename S.T.E.A.M
    Henry_Fleming.jpg

Alright, let me be honest with you, Codename S.T.E.A.M is one of my favorite 3DS games that I really believe got overshadowed by games like Splatoon. Its a fun, addicting strategy game that is hard to put down. Just writing this down is making me wanna go and replay it again. I think Henry, the main character from the game would be a welcome addition to Smash, with a multitude of steam based weapons that could be taken from each character in the game. Hes got a neat, original looking design, and I just really want to see him in game. Sure there could be the issue of him being a literary character, but I mean, he was in his own game in the first place, I don't think it would be to hard to land him in the new Smash.

So what do you guys think? Who do YOU want in the new smash?

2. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Crash would be fun to have in Smash 5; and maybe Spyro the Dragon as well, assuming a remaster of the Spyro trilogy is true.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Administrator

Only hope ever.

Isaac from Golden Sun. It's all I've ever wanted since Smash Bros on the Wii xD

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

I think getting Bandanna Waddle Dee in Smash would be a big treat. Then we'd have four of the Kirby mainstays.

Something else that'd be really cool is getting a playable Magolor or even Marx, considering the latter's involvement in Star Allies.

Of course, they neglected to even add a new Kirby character in the last Smash game... so my hopes are a little too high, I guess.

A couple others I'd love to see, though, would be Spyro, some new Pokemon (like Decidueye), and maybe even Tails.
    Wishful thinking, sure. But it would still be fun to see.

Also, less Fire Emblem characters. Please.

Miles // he/him // INFP. ☆|☆ I draw every so often.

6. This post has been liked by:

Alyssa 

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    shrek

\thread

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

8. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Novareii View Post
    Also, less Fire Emblem characters. Please.
    I wouldn't surprised if we see Lucina and Roy get removed. 4 is a good number for FE. Marth, Ike, Robin, and Corrin is my ideal roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    shrek

\thread
    Better add Knuckles too, meme lord. At least he'd fit with Sonic. xD

Intro of Post Challenge!

"Speaking of Pokemon they should add to Smash...

Me! I, Haxorus am one of the most powerful non-legendary, non Mega/primal/digivolved Pokemon that exist! I have an impressive physical prowess, and can do a lot of damage. THEY CANNOT NERF MY MIGHT!

HAXORUS AS A PLAYABLE POKEMON IN SMASH BROS!"

(I feel silly writing like this, but it's kinda fun.)
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

Welp, I just got around to playing Kirby Star Allies. Now I really, REALLY want to see Mark in the game. I pretty much use him exclusivly and I'm constantly thinking of a move set for him. Also more villains would just be nice overall.

Well I'd say Geno because I like many others have wanted it for a long time, he would fit perfectly and I hold SMRPG to be a beloved game but I better be a little shhhh about it because the director is said to have gotten so fed up in the past about people talking about it that he started to threaten things ;p

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Matdo View Post
    Well I'd say Geno because I like many others have wanted it for a long time, he would fit perfectly and I hold SMRPG to be a beloved game but I better be a little shhhh about it because the director is said to have gotten so fed up in the past about people talking about it that he started to threaten things ;p
    The only thing is he appeared in only one game as a supporting character, and said game is over 20 years old. If he had been the main character, there would probably be more reason to bring him in, but as it stands, I don't even think most people would even recognize him.

I agree with Chakra, I think Issac would be a decent choice.