Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

PXR's Talent Show (SHOW US WHAT YOU GOOOOOT!)

Well after a longer time than necessary. We've come to skip STRAIGHT to the nitty griddy! The Talent Show! The part where you all show us your skill! Making art, making music, creating amazing stories, or whatever you find unique! Show us in some way what your special talent is and what makes YOU stand above the rest!

You have until the weekend of May the 4th. So in that case. May the 4th be with you and best of luck! The judges are awaiting your best!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Art wasn't working out, Writing would take too long, and opening an Ultra Wormhole to summon an Ultra Beast to fight seems a bit too dangerous. So you get this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qof...IoYuOzd-x/view

I will have you know it is exeedingly hard to play woodwind instruments with only two finger on each hand. (And I totaly didn't mess up the volume or timing at parts...)

Oh, and just to avoid confusion, I didn't play the backing. Just the Ocarina part. (Not that anyone would think I'm that amazing though :P)
    Last edited by Shruikan; 05-04-2018 at 07:56 PM.

3. This post has been liked by:

Do NOT eat the banana cake arnisd's Avatar
    Since I haven't had a lot of time as of late for extra drawings, I threw something together that's kinda simple. I did try skipping lines and working directly from sketchings for once, just for this, to see how it goes. And for what's it worth, I'd say it turned decent enough.
    I call it the don... buuuuut I had so many things I wanted to add: a chair, a suit, a paintingframe, bodyguards, blackjack, robots, the pillars of eternity! Our lord and savior RNGesus!! Everything!!!
    But yea none of that ey, so here's a watered down version. Enjoy

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, look, since it hasn't been closed, I'm gonna post some photos I took.

Two of them I technically shouldn't have shared here... but meh.

Administrator

Time limit for the event is over so no more submissions after this point wil be judged. Look forward to the results soon!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    Art wasn't working out, Writing would take too long, and opening an Ultra Wormhole to summon an Ultra Beast to fight seems a bit too dangerous. So you get this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qof...IoYuOzd-x/view

I will have you know it is exeedingly hard to play woodwind instruments with only two finger on each hand. (And I totaly didn't mess up the volume or timing at parts...)

Oh, and just to avoid confusion, I didn't play the backing. Just the Ocarina part. (Not that anyone would think I'm that amazing though :P)
    Playing an instrument itself can be a real talent. Not only that, but it's to a song most of us as Pokemon fans know. I totally ADORE such cheerful music. Can bring a tear to my eye with happiness! Music can be powerful if played right. It can really touch our hearts. Woodwind instruments can be hard to play. A smaller one such as an ocarina in the same. Some players can be talented more so in just one area while others spread their talents through each different instrument class.

As far as your submission goes. I really enjoyed it! It may not the whole "professional" type thing we would hear at concerts or in game, but with limited practice time there's only so much that can be done. Still touches my heart to hear such beautiful music! So thank you for such an incredible performance! It doesn't matter if you didn't play the backing either. The leading role was what YOU played. It was really great if you ask me. Keep working to better this and I'm sure you can create a masterpiece yourself one day!

Quote Originally Posted by arnisd View Post
    Since I haven't had a lot of time as of late for extra drawings, I threw something together that's kinda simple. I did try skipping lines and working directly from sketchings for once, just for this, to see how it goes. And for what's it worth, I'd say it turned decent enough.
    I call it the don... buuuuut I had so many things I wanted to add: a chair, a suit, a paintingframe, bodyguards, blackjack, robots, the pillars of eternity! Our lord and savior RNGesus!! Everything!!!
    But yea none of that ey, so here's a watered down version. Enjoy

Artwork can go miles! You never know how one piece will differ from the others. You can get 10 artist together and give them an image to work with and each one of them have a different and unique idea. Each one looking totally different in some aspect. Some can just be THAT creative and it's so amazing! They can look cool, dark, creepy, and super cute!❤

This take on Togepi is really interesting. It makes me feel like he's some boss as you said. Like a Don behind some mafia. Looks like it in the expression as well. Can totally be cool, calm, or could lose it at any minute. I don't wanna give it any reason to use Metronome on me, haha!

Like Shruikan, time can be a killing factor. We plan and want to do so many things, yet we end up forgetting or having to rush things as we run out of time. Don't know why, but it just reminds me of this song.

Either way I really enjoyed seeing this piece of art! It does leave me wondering how it was originally planned to look. Like with the chair, painting frame, the bodygaurds (and who they were planned to be), and these pillars! The suit would've been a true unique feature to this as well! To see a Togepi in a suit posing as a Don? ADORABLE! Don't let that deter you though. I really did enjoy this piece. So thank you for sharing this with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    Yeah, look, since it hasn't been closed, I'm gonna post some photos I took.

Two of them I technically shouldn't have shared here... but meh.
    Hey, we weren't "officially" closed yet. So submissions were totally still acceptable! It wasn't the big turnout we were hoping for, but we can't always expect a big turnout here. Anyway, onto the discussion!

Photography is very special. You can travel and always have some form of way to create a beautiful picture should the opportunity arise. You never know how or when it might come up either. These days it's much easier than it was in the past. Now, well, pretty much every one of us have a phone with us and can take those snapshots at any given moment. Unless you have a special camera for that extra special quality!

Each one of these. The first one with someone blowing what looks like snow into the camera. The field of view for the images being very well taken into account. These each have a special watermarking so no one can just find these and up and claim or take them without sharing that big logo. It's very nice! The next being a special drink on a table. Looks like someone just took a sip from it as it's still sliding down into the cup.

Never be afraid to share some images! As long as they aren't super personal or something offensive. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Pictures taken can be art in a true delicate form. Some more personal to others than another. I ADORED these and would love to see more if ever given the chance! So thank you for sharing these with us!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Well I wanted to participate, really did, but when the deadline closes the weekend after your finals, there's really just not enough time to whip something together in time. Oh well. Great submissions from everyone who did get to participate. They're all amazing.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

11. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

You people rock. I like what I see for submissions. :3

I just got too busy and stumped to jump in on this thing. That and every time I tried to think of what to do, my mind went blank. So kudos to you all for doing what I couldn't do.