Page 177 of 513 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 5121
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I tried to get into PokeCommunity, but I felt like I would be betraying PXR if I spent more time there and hosted events there and such. But I feel like anything I run there should be run here as well to be fair, but then that would be double duty on the workload.

I also wouldn't be able to do banner and avatar swaps, which has been kind of a staple of my silly events and games. I mean sure, everything I've run could be done without them, but it just wouldn't be quite as silly and fun.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I tried to get into PokeCommunity, but I felt like I would be betraying PXR if I spent more time there and hosted events there and such. But I feel like anything I run there should be run here as well to be fair, but then that would be double duty on the workload.

I also wouldn't be able to do banner and avatar swaps, which has been kind of a staple of my silly events and games. I mean sure, everything I've run could be done without them, but it just wouldn't be quite as silly and fun.
    Yeah ever since I've seen you around that's been a big thing you've done for events. It wouldn't be the same getting it in a message and having to do it yourself. It something about the surprise of logging in and making a post. Only to see your avatar and banner have swapped out to something totally different. Something silly, dark, and very odd xD.

This is really the only Pokemon Forum I joined. I was too shy or embarrassed years ago to join any at all. Now that I have I'm stick with you guys here on PXR :p

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah ever since I've seen you around that's been a big thing you've done for events. It wouldn't be the same getting it in a message and having to do it yourself. It something about the surprise of logging in and making a post. Only to see your avatar and banner have swapped out to something totally different. Something silly, dark, and very odd xD.

This is really the only Pokemon Forum I joined. I was too shy or embarrassed years ago to join any at all. Now that I have I'm stick with you guys here on PXR :p
    And hey, everyone who joins these crazy events get FREE avatar and banner sets! That's a great deal! Once the game is done, you can use them wherever and however you want!

I think for DBR2, besides the new Traits and Items, I'm going to try and add animations again, at least with the banners. Avatars are tricky because file size is strictly limited and if it goes too high, it freezes the animation (although senior admins can use a 200x200 avatar that's a crazy 9.45 MB!). But yeah, it's fun to add those and they look very cool when it's done (although for people who get Wheeled, animation might not be a thing depending on what silly theme they get hit with). Plus I found a nice batch of new animations to work with so it's all good.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I was actually super nervous to join Pokecommunity but the people there are very nice. Definitely though my activity there is less than here.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Yeah I feel like even if I did join another too. I’d just be spending far less time there than here.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I've tried a couple others. There was a short time when I was over at Serebii, but it's just not nearly as warm, cozy, and friendly as it is over here. And most of what I did there was just RPing and graphic art stuff, but I still didn't feel quite as connected to the community. Here, it's totally different and feels more like family.

Plus some of the things I've read from you guys really makes me smile and laugh. It's such a good feeling and no where else can I find that kind of warmth and pleasure. You've all been amazingly supportive through both my best moments and with some of the hardest and most difficult struggles I've ever had to deal with. I couldn't ask for more and I appreciate all of that.

Administrator

I was on Serebii for a very short time. It’s where I tried to find to trade with someone at one time back when HGSS were the thing. Wasn’t the best place, but yeah it’s all I could find at the time really.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I tried the Nuzforums but found the community was less than welcoming
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Yeah, for a short while, I was on the Something Awful forums but my goodness, it's just pure chaos there and a lot of the stuff is garbage. Plus the rules make no sense and some things are bannable offenses while others like random junk-posting are okay. But only on certain days. What's worse is you have to PAY to join that forum and change your avatar (if you don't pay to change your avatar, you're stuck with a "Stupid Newbie" baby picture one that I wasn't about to tolerate for a millisecond). But it's highly active for some reason and sometimes they do really funny or fascinating things. And you could easily find people there talking about and having discussions about just anything. Even obscure indie games and things like that where you thought you were the only one on the planet into it. So there were a lot of pros and cons on the table, but I didn't stay for too long.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah Pokecommunity has been a lot better. Especially compared to the Nuzforums. Fun and healthy discussions threads plus lots of games and such. It’s not cliquish like the Nuzforums are.
    / / / / / / / /