The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Everyone procrastinated something
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, for me, the problem is whenever you try to start something new, that time has to be taken away from something else. I want to start a comic but all I managed to get going so far was writing up the background setting, coming up with the characters, and designing the overall plot.

It's to be a PMD-style comic but instead of a rescue team or an explorer team, they solely go for the bounty hunter missions. It stars Team Buckshot, a group of three male Pokémon that are Pokémon species that usually perceived as feminine, but they're given a more badass appearance and attitude. There's Kaxo the Lopunny (the Deadpool-esque reckless action hero), Shank the Cinccino (the fearless robot-hating kamikaze maniac), and Sabot the Bellossom (the trash-talking master of sarcasm). They get the butt-end of a lot of jokes because of the Pokémon species that they are, but they enjoy making everyone who does that choke on their words. Add in plenty of fire and explosions as well.

As the storyline goes, one mission from an anonymous source has them unknowingly bag a very high-ranking executive of a powerful, warmongering crime syndicate called TARMA (Tactical Arms, Research, & Manufacturing Authority). Thinking Team Buckshot is working for some other corrupt underground circle, they keep sending their syndicate soldiers and elite operatives after them. Now, after having built up quite a notoriety with TARMA, Team Buckshot is in too deep and they have to figure out how they're going to deal with it by escaping, faking their death and hiding, or somehow find a way to bring TARMA completely down. Meanwhile, there's the mystery of the Soma Stones, which are spherical crystals that grant the holder access to certain kinds of magic provided they manage to harness their power correctly. Common ones have relatively weak powers like simple illusions, used like batteries or lights or things like that while rarer ones can do some pretty insane cataclysmic stuff like tear entire buildings down. Also, some Pokémon are considered "Elect" and have strange, uncanny superpowers similar to Marvel and DC superheroes. Shank the Cinccino is the only one on Team Buckshot that is an Elect, but he hasn't figured out how to completely control his powers. It has something to do with him having INSANE accuracy at times. While his power is unpredictable and uncontrollable most of the time, it IS known that whenever someone flips him the birdie, his power triggers and he shoots their middle finger clean-off perfectly every time. >:3

The world setting itself, called Baladax, is a very roughneck, polluted, and crime-infested world. Think of themes and settings very similar to what you'd see in Fallout, Mad Max, Borderlands, Guardians of the Galaxy, and that kind of thing. Planetary travel is possible, but only the rich 1% ever get to experience it (Apexa is the next closest inhabitable world and it's quite a distance away). Most working-class Pokémon are stuck on Baladax for life. Meanwhile, there are weapons, but they're mainly laser and plasma-based. Robots and other machines are common as well.

That said, I totally would LOVE to make this comic a thing, but it's just trying to get the time for it. But at least I've got a good handle on what I'd like to do with it.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I get that! I’ve been working on my comic bit by bit on the side too!

My comic stars Lucky the shiny eevee and Isaiah the Bayleef as the members of Team Backstreet. They’re an exploration team stationed in the northern part of the country known as Phaydin. Working alongside Rescue, Adventure, Hunter, Treasure, and other exploration teams, they help rescue people from dungeons as well as explore them to classify them.

That said their jobs are not getting any easier as the number of dungeons continues to grow by the minute. Supposedly spawning from the essence of the spirits of the apocalypse, each dungeon can fall into one of five classifications, with each classification presenting their own unique challenges. Everything from zombies to cultists to life sucking fungi can be found in these dungeons depending on what classification they are. The problem is though, since no one knows exactly what sparks the creation of a dungeon, there’s no known way to stop or reference them.

That’s where Team Backstreet comes in. Along with some help from another exploration team, known as Team Fireball, they’ve been doing research into the long held myths of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, said to be the souls of former human heroes who saved the world in the past. By researching them, Lucky and the gang hope to find a way to reverse the dungeons and return Phaydin to a peaceful nation.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah I get that! I’ve been working on my comic bit by bit on the side too!

My comic stars Lucky the shiny eevee and Isaiah the Bayleef as the members of Team Backstreet. They’re an exploration team stationed in the northern part of the country known as Phaydin. Working alongside Rescue, Adventure, Hunter, Treasure, and other exploration teams, they help rescue people from dungeons as well as explore them to classify them.

That said their jobs are not getting any easier as the number of dungeons continues to grow by the minute. Supposedly spawning from the essence of the spirits of the apocalypse, each dungeon can fall into one of five classifications, with each classification presenting their own unique challenges. Everything from zombies to cultists to life sucking fungi can be found in these dungeons depending on what classification they are. The problem is though, since no one knows exactly what sparks the creation of a dungeon, there’s no known way to stop or reference them.

That’s where Team Backstreet comes in. Along with some help from another exploration team, known as Team Fireball, they’ve been doing research into the long held myths of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, said to be the souls of former human heroes who saved the world in the past. By researching them, Lucky and the gang hope to find a way to reverse the dungeons and return Phaydin to a peaceful nation.
    Yeah, it would be nice to have a PMD story that really goes much deeper into the whole basis for Mystery Dungeons rather than just saying "oh, they happen as a consequence of weird stuff going on." Nothing really gets into the heart of explaining the reasons for this, so it would be cool to see something finally take a stab at it.

Maybe we could be motivation buddies and push each other to finally get these off the ground and make them a real thing. Although for me, I'd like to have at least ten pages done in advance before I start posting anything. That way I know I have solid ground I'm working on rather than try to start something but then have it go flat on its face almost instantly in front of everyone. :P

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, it would be nice to have a PMD story that really goes much deeper into the whole basis for Mystery Dungeons rather than just saying "oh, they happen as a consequence of weird stuff going on." Nothing really gets into the heart of explaining the reasons for this, so it would be cool to see something finally take a stab at it.

Maybe we could be motivation buddies and push each other to finally get these off the ground and make them a real thing. Although for me, I'd like to have at least ten pages done in advance before I start posting anything. That way I know I have solid ground I'm working on rather than try to start something but then have it go flat on its face almost instantly in front of everyone. :P
    Yeah I’ve always been a big lore person so I’ve done some really specific world building about how dungeons come to be and what’s needed to reverse their presence etc. I’m really excited to share it one day but I can’t get into too much detail because it’s spoilers unfortunately.

Yeah definitely! I’d love to see a gritty PMD story. Your comic sounds like it’d be an interesting one!

I’m taking a similar approach with pages. I’ve got a few sketched thus far but I’m not posting anything until the entire first chapter is done. I’ve thumbnailed the whole chapter so I have it planned out so now it’s just a matter of drawing everything, which I’ve not been dedicating much time to.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

I mean I loved the PMD so much I tried a few times. Failing to keep interest each time, but some interesting concepts. I still have this big keen on just how dangerous some Pokemon can be. Imagine a rogue Smeargle that learned Heart Swap or Dark Void or even Judgement, maybe even Wish. Certain moves are pretty dangerous if used without control. Just remember, used in battle are different than what these moves "truly" do. Heart Swap makes it so two people essentially switch bodies. Dark Void puts anyone that falls to it in perpetual sleep state in a nightmare. Wish can grant wishes, but not all wishes granted would be good. Imagine the villain gaining this kind of power? One day, you, the hero (Pikachu, Emolga, or Shaymin. Whichever you choose), are gaining the advantage over them. About to win! Suddenly they find a way to use this power. You wake up the next morning to find out you're no longer a (Pikachu, Emolga, Shaymin) that everyone knew you were. Instead, someone else is. Bad guy. Acting as you. While now you're a (Pichu, Gloom, Ditto, etc). Something a bit harder that no one believes you. Leaving you alone and defenseless. How would you fight against something like that to gain advantage again? You'd have to somehow get your partner alone and convince them you're YOU.

That's one of the better ideas I've had, but had no idea how to. Eventually lost interest. I love seeing others like these though! Like the comics I see here. Even one I keep track of on Deviantart.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

TIL Diglett Force

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Administrator

interesting change in topic xD

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

9. This post has been liked by:

AD 

Senior Administrator

But it still doesn't answer the question on if that pink spot is the nose or the mouth. If it's the nose, where is the mouth? If it's the mouth, where is the nose?

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    But it still doesn't answer the question on if that pink spot is the nose or the mouth. If it's the nose, where is the mouth? If it's the mouth, where is the nose?
    Diglett Dig, Diglett Dig, Diglett Dig

·»Your focus determines your reality«·