Page 271 of 513 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 5121
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    What is AFQ? Haven't seen that acronym before.

I've been in a few guilds but they died pretty darn quickly. And man, so much drama sometimes over the littlest things.

Also, Guild Banks. Where heaps of good items go in and never come out. XD
    Depends on the game really. Some last as long as the game does, while sometimes....drama happens and BAM that ends all the good fun old guild stuff.

Guild Banks were good fun, but really showed how some people are just THAT good much better at getting money than you. Kinda hurt xD...until my luck turns good enough to win a drop rate item below 1% and sells for 300mil+

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I feel like MMOs are dying out, though. I haven't heard of any popular ones lately and WoW is drying up quickly.

Administrator

I feel like MMOs are dying out, though. I haven't heard of any popular ones lately and WoW is drying up quickly.
    Final Fantasy 14. It's getting another expansion and increasing in popularity so much the servers are having trouble keeping up. Their most recent collab with FF14 x FF15 has people loving it even more now. You actually get the Regalia as a mount in the game now. This new expansion looks pretty insaaaaaaane too.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Final Fantasy 14. It's getting another expansion and increasing in popularity so much the servers are having trouble keeping up. Their most recent collab with FF14 x FF15 has people loving it even more now. You actually get the Regalia as a mount in the game now. This new expansion looks pretty insaaaaaaane too.
    I actually tried Final Fantasy 14 and got up to about level 12 before I just kind of got tired of it. I just didn't get too drawn into it, but yeah, that's one MMO that's definitely still alive and kicking. Kind of forgot about that one.

Administrator

I actually tried Final Fantasy 14 and got up to about level 12 before I just kind of got tired of it. I just didn't get too drawn into it, but yeah, that's one MMO that's definitely still alive and kicking. Kind of forgot about that one.
    The first part of the game is extremely boring and has you running baaaaack and forth between areas you have to run to on foot. Yeah I understand why. The endgame content and expansions fix all of that. I'm so excited for what's to come. Even the music is intense!

I'd recommed giving it another shot if you ever can or get the urge. Even if that entails getting the pass to skip over the first section of the game. If you do, join my server and I can help you through the stuff and get you access to areas through flying before you're supposed to. That is, if you decide to give it another shot one day.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

I'd be SOOOO far behind you, though, dude. I always feel bad slowing people down like that.

I think the big problem is I just don't have all that much time to put into an MMO. But thanks for the offer and I hope you enjoy these new expansions coming out. :3

I think the best time to join in on an MMO is at launch when the game is at it's vanilla state. The number of features is fewer and easier to digest rather suddenly being bombarded with stuff all over the place that they've added on through time and slowly creeping away at a level cap that's in the triple digits. As they add expansions one by one, you can ease into those new features a little easier. Not to mention very few, if any, people have hit the level cap, so you're not going to be so victimized in a PVP setting if you're playing in one.

Administrator

I'd be SOOOO far behind you, though, dude. I always feel bad slowing people down like that.

I think the big problem is I just don't have all that much time to put into an MMO. But thanks for the offer and I hope you enjoy these new expansions coming out. :3

I think the best time to join in on an MMO is at launch when the game is at it's vanilla state. The number of features is fewer and easier to digest rather suddenly being bombarded with stuff all over the place that they've added on through time and slowly creeping away at a level cap that's in the triple digits. As they add expansions one by one, you can ease into those new features a little easier. Not to mention very few, if any, people have hit the level cap, so you're not going to be so victimized in a PVP setting if you're playing in one.
    Hey, it never hurts to go back and help others! I did it with both Fate and Gemma. I mean my friend could argue I have other classes I could level, but I don't want to. I'm fine with what I got for now. So it doesn't matter how far behind you'd be. I'd more more than willing to help.

Yeah I tend to put the game off at times and go back when I feel like it. So it's no biggie. Just a thought in case you'd ever like to.

I'll never let this one go. I wasn't there for it, but FF14 was completely recreated from the ground up because of bad ratings. So in this case, I don't think it would have, but at the same time it would have. Cause everything from combat system was really clunky. So they decided to kill off the game and recreate it. I forget if I've ever posted this...

It's amazing how they can kill off and entire game's world in an apocalyptic scenario only to revive it to be much more amazing than it was. Square has some insanely powerful Black Mages and White Mages behind their work.

Yeah a game I played like that was Vindictus. I played it back in it's real beta phases. Back when they just released the 3rd character. It's pretty incredible looking back at it all. Only game I didn't like kinda like you said with level caps with RF Online. While I LOVED the game. Once you hit 50. You had to go through 13 different quests to unlock your level cap past 50 up to 53. Then you had even more to do. You could not do these quests without a party of 4 or more people because all the enemies in that area aggro you hard in hoards of 3 or more at once and can nearly one shot you. Level caps like that sucked. Especially when it was already insanely hard to level up as it was. Oh and if you died? There goes 90% of your hard earned exp and hours and days of time put into it.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

For me, there's a weird personal selling point I've recognized when looking at new games to try. It really works for me and I don't know why, but it's weird and funny when I think about it.

Playing a distinctively non-human character. I've played as humans before. I'm living the life of a human everyday. Give me the chance to play as something totally different! And no, something like an elf with just pointy ears or a dwarf with less height going just isn't enough. Let's really get wild!

I got into an MMO called Eden Eternal. No, not because of it's charming anime graphics or its cute and quirky nature that was a refreshing step away from all the usual edgy games out there. Those were nice pluses, of course, but it was the option of making your character a Zumi, an anthropomorphic mouse race, that sold it. I saw that and I instantly jumped on the idea of making a badass mousey character. Oh, one of the classes is Samurai? Oh that's perfect, definitely making sure my mouse dude stabs a bunch of geeks and freaks with a katana. And then there's the option of dressing him up with a blazer, aviator shades, and seraphim angel wings. And give the dude a totally badass dragon mount! Holy crap, is there no end to the awesome!? One thing led to another, but it all started with that Zumi race option.

That game knew EXACTLY how to win me. It was a free to play MMO, but I dropped at least $80 on microtransactions that I'm not ashamed of because of how bloody fun these things were. I stopped playing when there was nothing left to conquer. Essentially hit the highest level that you could get without guild assistance. But even then going back to lower level areas and going on royal killing sprees was fun for a while. The holiday events were cute and such, but it eventually hit the end. I think the game still exists, but I imagine it's a ghost town at this point.

I realized this "something besides a human" thing kicked in when I first decided to take a look at Ori and the Blind Forest, Armello, and was certainly the "oh hell yeah" selling point of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. It's weird, but I know it's there.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

What is AFQ? Haven't seen that acronym before.

I've been in a few guilds but they died pretty darn quickly. And man, so much drama sometimes over the littlest things.

Also, Guild Banks. Where heaps of good items go in and never come out. XD
    In my fatigue I actually used the wrong acronym. I meant AQW, adventure quest worlds.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

Ohhhhh FFXIV. I have fond memories. I loved that game. I would love to still play but my pc is ****. I remember closed beta, before the astroid, back when it was a realm reborn. Back when the glitches were crazy. Back before the coil. Back when friggin dragoons were a stain.

I miss my Bard.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·