Administrator

Yep and now it's vacation time
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Wow.

So Detective Pikachu got a 69% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a 8.5 on IMDB. That is AMAZINGLY HIGH considering how most of these critics probably aren't Pokemon fans and can't entirely appreciate the content. And there's the fact most video game to movie adaptations go horribly into the gutter, and yet here Pokemon is going out on a limb trying to make the critters seem as realistic as possible, which has been tried before on a small-budget level with not-so-hot results.

I was going to see it anyway while prepared for the ratings to be iffy, but this is a great sign, though!

Administrator

Oh trust me I'm highly anticipating it. I wanted to see it on release weekend, but looks like that isn't happening. Can't wait to look back on my theory article predicting things after I see it. Just seeing what I got right in comparison to the game.

Not only that, but after the MASSIVE backlash from the Sonic trailer. The director and Paramount Studios announced they're "fixing" the Sonic movie. Don't get me wrong, but the horrible rendition of whatever creature they were making will live down as the biggest mistake they almost made. XD

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I said it on twitter but they better be paying those animators big time or extend the movie deadline because that's gonna be a lot of overworked artists fixing that movie.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Oh trust me I'm highly anticipating it. I wanted to see it on release weekend, but looks like that isn't happening. Can't wait to look back on my theory article predicting things after I see it. Just seeing what I got right in comparison to the game.

Not only that, but after the MASSIVE backlash from the Sonic trailer. The director and Paramount Studios announced they're "fixing" the Sonic movie. Don't get me wrong, but the horrible rendition of whatever creature they were making will live down as the biggest mistake they almost made. XD
    Hey, as long as you get to see it soon, it's all good! Sometimes it's tough seeing movies during the opening week, especially with work and stuff. Fortunately, I may even be able to see it Thursday afternoon, opening day on the 9th. They're showing it at 4pm at my local theater and I get out of work at 3. Can't see a reason why I couldn't just cruise on over after work to see super sleuth Pikachu in action. :3

Oh dear, that Sonic movie. I haven't mustered the courage to watch that trailer yet, but I've seen the pictures leaked around. They're disturbing. I honestly thought it was just the usual shabby Sonic fan art at first and then I found out the news.

Yeah, you can't even recognize Sonic franchise coffin anymore it has so many nails in it. How this whole thing got green-lighted is beyond me, because I can't see how it would ever get a return on its investment budget and why anyone even remotely familiar with the franchise's current state thought this was a good idea. But yeah, I don't think it's possible to "fix" it beyond just pulling the plug back when they should have done it during whatever proposal meeting they had for it. This thing is only going to cost them more money and reputation damage to keep pushing it forward.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Hey, as long as you get to see it soon, it's all good! Sometimes it's tough seeing movies during the opening week, especially with work and stuff. Fortunately, I may even be able to see it Thursday afternoon, opening day on the 9th. They're showing it at 4pm at my local theater and I get out of work at 3. Can't see a reason why I couldn't just cruise on over after work to see super sleuth Pikachu in action. :3

Oh dear, that Sonic movie. I haven't mustered the courage to watch that trailer yet, but I've seen the pictures leaked around. They're disturbing. I honestly thought it was just the usual shabby Sonic fan art at first and then I found out the news.

Yeah, you can't even recognize Sonic franchise coffin anymore it has so many nails in it. How this whole thing got green-lighted is beyond me, because I can't see how it would ever get a return on its investment budget and why anyone even remotely familiar with the franchise's current state thought this was a good idea. But yeah, I don't think it's possible to "fix" it beyond just pulling the plug back when they should have done it during whatever proposal meeting they had for it. This thing is only going to cost them more money and reputation damage to keep pushing it forward.
    Yeah I heard for going opening weekend you get a special Detective Pikachu card you won't get anywhere else. So cool limited edition stuff.

As for the Sonic movie. Just don't think of it as a Sonic movie. It's a Jim Carrey movie where he goes against some blue speed demon. That's pretty much what it is at this point. Artists already showcased their handiwork at just how simple it could've been solved. Not this monstrosity. They may even delay it, but if they can get it fixed entirely on time. Well, kudos to them. Would be even more funny to see them throw jokes at the terrible world they almost created if they can pull it off in time with time to spare. It'll be tough and yeah they'll more than definitely need to pay those animators more.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah I heard for going opening weekend you get a special Detective Pikachu card you won't get anywhere else. So cool limited edition stuff.

As for the Sonic movie. Just don't think of it as a Sonic movie. It's a Jim Carrey movie where he goes against some blue speed demon. That's pretty much what it is at this point. Artists already showcased their handiwork at just how simple it could've been solved. Not this monstrosity. They may even delay it, but if they can get it fixed entirely on time. Well, kudos to them. Would be even more funny to see them throw jokes at the terrible world they almost created if they can pull it off in time with time to spare. It'll be tough and yeah they'll more than definitely need to pay those animators more.
    Ha ha, I love how it has Coffee Break healing 30 damage. Man, if coffee really did that, I'd have eternal life. XD

I'm honestly surprised Jim Carrey agreed to go along for that. Still, I think things are hopeless for that movie no matter what they try to hastily improvise. The Sonic franchise was already in terrible shape and starting things off with a bad first impression only made things worse. Yeah, this will probably only be in theaters for a week and then off to the $5 DVD bargain bin at Wal-Mart because it wasn't even good enough to get a Blu-Ray version.

Senior Moderator

They are redesigning Sonic. Itll look better.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Green View Post
    They are redesigning Sonic. Itll look better.
    It's admirable they're trying to take corrective action because of the bad reception, but I still feel it's just one of those things that shouldn't have been done in the first place. Time can only tell how it goes, but I'd still say the outlook isn't so hot at all.

11. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Ha ha, I love how it has Coffee Break healing 30 damage. Man, if coffee really did that, I'd have eternal life. XD

I'm honestly surprised Jim Carrey agreed to go along for that. Still, I think things are hopeless for that movie no matter what they try to hastily improvise. The Sonic franchise was already in terrible shape and starting things off with a bad first impression only made things worse. Yeah, this will probably only be in theaters for a week and then off to the $5 DVD bargain bin at Wal-Mart because it wasn't even good enough to get a Blu-Ray version.
    I'm not really a coffee type of person. I've given it a try a few times over the years and still a big no for me.

Well I personally think Jim Carrey looks like he plays the role perfectly. That last scene where he's got the more Eggman/Robotnik look to him. It was the key moment of the trailer that actually gave that sliver of hope for the movie. Now that they confirmed reworking Sonic though. Time will only tell if it will be better.

The time is upon us...